How do you buy your games?

walkerguy

For PC games I usually go to gogamer.com whenever they have their 48 hour specials where they sell games for discounted prices. I recently got Jade Empire SE for 12 bucks including shipping.

Second choice I usually go to Bestbuy or Walmart. They sometimes have specials at good prices.

For my PS2 and Xbox, I go to Gamestop or EB Games. I can usually find worthwhile games for good prices in the used games section. I like perusing the entire sections looking for gems.

Hmmm, depends upon my mood and general impatience.

If I want a game on release, I usually preorder it at Game.

If I don't care when I get the game just so long as I get the game, or if I am looking for something which is fairly specific and difficult to get from a store then I use Amazon.co.uk, and the Amazon Marketplace.

I would say that in general I purchase more from Amazon than I do from Game, as there are so few games I want on release, infact the last one I actually got upon release was NWN2.

By being a bit patient and not minding waiting for a product to arrive I have managed to pick up titles for as little as

RS_Silvestri_01.jpg

"I'm a programmer at a games company... REET GOOD!" - Me

I also mainly use Amazon, although Best Buy is another place I sometimes frequent (I got The Orange Box there during a sale for only $25, so it is sometimes worth checking retail before buying off-line).

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

I've actually stopped buying from Gamestop and EB (same corporation) as much as possible. The way they've treated PC gaming as irrelevant has bothered me, considering that's how these boutiques built their businesses in the beginning. It was also getting to the point where if I wanted a certain PC game, I had to pre-order it.

I shop at Best Buy as oten as possible. They have a fairly solid PC game selection, even if it means I need to wait an extra couple days to get the title.

I also have a local game store that sells console and handheld games, as well as gaming t-shirts. It's nice to support them, since they are just a small business trying to market stuff they enjoy themselves.

Not a lot of options where I live at the moment. "Where" is either EB or on-line and "How" is by credit card :lol:

EB Games is the only pc game pusher within easy distance and I usually get the collectors or special editions where possible. A few games I've purchase on-line, but they make a total of 2 games. I wanted to buy Disciples II Gold Edition on-line, but I refused to pay the outrageous conversion rates and freight charges of Digital River. Steam is not an option as I don't like the concept of "Download to harddisk only" games and on-line activation is a big no-no for me. The only software that managed to force itself upon me with that "feature" was Windows XP :)

I am currently considering Napoleons Ambition for EU III though, even though it is "Download Only". At least it looks like it can be archived on CD and reinstalled later at my own leasure.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I order online from whoever is cheapest and has the fastest delivery times. And I also use Steam for smaller or older games.

I only really buy PC games, the only 360 game Ive bought was ME.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Usually the local supermarket. If i want a special edition of a game, i use any internet-based company. No preferences on companies really, just the one that happens to have the lowest price at the moment.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Circuit City or Amazon.com. When I purchased my Nintendo DS at Circuit City, they gave me a Gamer's Club 10% off card. So I try to use them as much as possible when purchasing. Amazon is who I use if I decide to pre-order anything.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Wherever they're cheapest.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I've actually stopped buying from Gamestop and EB (same corporation) as much as possible. The way they've treated PC gaming as irrelevant has bothered me, considering that's how these boutiques built their businesses in the beginning. It was also getting to the point where if I wanted a certain PC game, I had to pre-order it.

Pretty much sums them up for me, too. Used to go to the local one here all the time, but don't anymore.

I usually go to BestBuy or Fry's (giant warehouse home/electronic/computer store).

I don't buy off the internet unless it's the only way a game is sold.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Pretty much sums them up for me, too. Used to go to the local one here all the time, but don't anymore.

I usually go to BestBuy or Fry's (giant warehouse home/electronic/computer store).

I don't buy off the internet unless it's the only way a game is sold.

I'm in a very small minority. One of my local EB Games has recently increased the size of their PC games section. I buy all my PC games there in support of this movement. PC games now have more shelf space than the Wii and DS combined.

I always stop by the local EB Games, but only because it's more convenient (is in the mall I usually go to). When they don't have what I want -- sadly, an increasingly common occurrence -- I'll pop into the Best Buy.

If they don't have what I want, only then will I go hunting online for it, Arcanum being the current example. Passed over that one when I saw it in the stores, and have been looking for it ever since. Only place I've seen it is on Amazon.com... but not Amazon.ca.

Buggers.

how do i buy my games?

with my monies :)

but on a serious note, usually from EB or something

I used to buy my games from **** Smith when I lived in Wellington. Is there an EB games in town???

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I use the gamestop stores or gamestop online which is usually better than ebay or amazon. the local mall recently closed gamestop, moved all stuff to EB, then 1/2 year later changed EB name to gamestop. old EB across town also changed to gamestop, for a total of 2 gamestops and 0 EB games.

Walkerguy is an idiot. Do not listen to him. Listen to me. hatnosewj3.gif