Anti Drunk Driving Leader Arrested For DUI

Guard Dog

She's accused of driving drunk, causing a crash, and then fleeing the scene.

Police say Margot "Peggy" Cioffi drank so much she had to be taken to the hospital.

Cioffi allegedly rear-ended another car in Palm City and then drove off. Police found her still in her car parked at home.

Officers gave her a breathalyzer test that revealed she drank four times the legal limit.

Cioffi heads an organization that offers education for people convicted of DUI. It's called "CORE," or Comprehensive Offender Rehabilitation and Education.

Co-workers say they're stunned. Suzanne Caudel, the CORE acting Director says, "Fortunately we're innocent until proven guilty, but everyone was shocked at the allegations because again Peggy has lead the organization of 45 employees and has been a professional, done a tremendous job. so we were surprised and we'll be supportive and wait and see how it unfolds."

Cioffi is out of jail after posting two thousand dollars bond.

She's currently suspended without pay.

Link:http://www.cbs12.com/news/cioffi_4706592__...eggy_drunk.html

Irony, my favorite form of humor.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Whomever goes to fight monsters should take care not to become a monster himself. And when you stare too long into the abyss, the abyss stares back

into you.

Sad really. Drunk driving is one of those things I find quite despicable and the offenders often get too mild sentences (at least in Scandinavia the do).

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Thats no joke about Japan. When I was in the military I was stationed in Okinawa. Everyone knew that was one thing you just did not do. The JP would not have it.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

:) Irony MAXIMUM LEVELS. CRITICAL ERROR. SAFEGAURD FAILSAFES PROTOCOL BETA 574839 INTIATED. RETURNING TO NORMAL...

SYSTEM NORMAL

:lol::lol: No offense but besides the irony, this post is as useless as the Illinois Shooting!

Twitter | @Insevin

: :):lol: No offense but besides the irony, this post is as useless as the Illinois Shooting!

It is still better than Halo vs Star Wars! I don't spam your threads.

Edited by Guard Dog

Thomas Sowell

I'm a rare example of backseat DUI nearly causing a crash. I was on the way home from a party, and everything started spinning as it does. I thought we were spinning, yelled out "Oh my god, the tree!", and we braked so hard we nearly came off the road.

Not fun.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

The law comes down pretty ****ing harsh on drink driving here in Australia. I think the legal limit is one standard drink for women and 2 standard drinks for men.

No alcohol at all for those without a full licence (e.g. learners and provisionals).

Also, NSW and Victoria are starting to conduct random drug tests for drivers as well as random breath tests for alcohol.

Road laws are state or territory based, but all states and territories have set the maximum BAC at 0.05%.

In Australia, laws allow police officers to stop any driver and perform a random breath test without reason. Roadblocks can be set up - for example leading out of town centres on Friday and Saturday nights, or during football or other events - where every single driver will be breath-tested. This differs from UK and US laws, where police generally need a reason to suspect drinking, before issuing a breath test.

Man, Wikipedia is showing all these countries with a limit of 0.08% BAC. Sounds too high to me.

Guest The Architect

I feel as if it's inevitable that one day, when I get my P's, I'm going to go out somewhere, have a few drinks, then drive home, totally forgetting that you can't have any alcohol at all in Australia when you're a learner or provisional driver, as Krezack said. I hope I don't forget, and I shouldn't, but... yeah.

It's not really ironic. She's not an anti-drunk driving activist. She heads a rehabilitation program for people convicted of drunk driving. That's pretty different.

Yes it is, since a proper head of a rehabilitation program for people convicted of drunk driving would be opposed to drunk driving, just like an anti-drunk driving activist is. They're not the same, no, but that one common interest is what makes the difference. Otherwise, what the hell is she doing with that job if she isn't? And clearly she isn't, since she was hammered when she got caught. Ironic? Definitely.

Edited by The Architect

It's not really ironic. She's not an anti-drunk driving activist. She heads a rehabilitation program for people convicted of drunk driving. That's pretty different.

Yes it is, since a proper head of a rehabilitation program for people convicted of drunk driving would be opposed to drunk driving, just like an anti-drunk driving activist is. They're not the same, no, but that one common interest is what makes the difference. Otherwise, what the hell is she doing with that job if she isn't? And clearly she isn't, since she was hammered when she got caught. Ironic? Definitely.

It would make sense that she would be against drinking, but with rehab that's rarely the case. People in charge of rehab facilities tend to be people with problems of their own. I had to sit in on quite a few AA meetings for my sister, and the people in charge were always recovering alcoholics themselves.

Also, most of these rehab facilities have an absolutely abysmal success rate. Only 5% of people who go through AA once stay clean.

Practice what you preach.

So technically, the only way that she ever could practice what she preaches is for her to drive drunk, since she heads a rehabilitation program for people convicted of drunk driving.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

I feel as if it's inevitable that one day, when I get my P's, I'm going to go out somewhere, have a few drinks, then drive home, totally forgetting that you can't have any alcohol at all in Australia when you're a learner or provisional driver, as Krezack said. I hope I don't forget, and I shouldn't, but... yeah.

Heh. Same.

It makes sense. The person most likely to head an anti-substance abuse group would be a former substance abuser. If you've ever tried to quit smoking cigarettes you'd know that it can take many years and many tries to nail down a habit, and it's never guaranteed to last.

Unless you're one of those mind-over-matter types, in which case, please submit your personal info so as to make the sterilization process smooth.

Guest The Architect
It would make sense that she would be against drinking, but with rehab that's rarely the case. People in charge of rehab facilities tend to be people with problems of their own. I had to sit in on quite a few AA meetings for my sister, and the people in charge were always recovering alcoholics themselves.

Also, most of these rehab facilities have an absolutely abysmal success rate. Only 5% of people who go through AA once stay clean.

I understand that the likelihood of an alcohol rehabilitator re-offending isn't so low, given generally their history of substance abuse and what not, however, irony doesn't have to be a surprising act of contradictoriness, it can just be a factual act of contradictoriness, which is what it was, since at the time, she was against substance abuse, hence it was ironic, just not of the out of the blue sort.