The Decline and Fall of Europe

Azarkon

I found all the backlash at the time of the deal in the media very funny - senior US gov. officials were saying things like how its a disgrace the airforce has decided to forego an American company for a European one, and protests were held with slogans like "Our troops only deserve the best - buy American." Nobody seemed to realise (or want to realise) that actually, Airbus was preferred precisely because their aircraft were better in nearly every way than Boeing's. So, yes, the best for the American troops! Maybe if Boeing were better competition, then patriotism would be more practical.

The further joke is that many of your special forces and SWAT units use german equipment.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

Not to mention Swiss (if they have any SIG or RUAG stuff that is)... How unfortunate that it has to be the military of all things that is so 'open' towards european products :p

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority

Given that a significant part of your consumer goods manufacture is done there to cut costs that's pretty funny.

In 1965 manufacturing accounted for 53% of the american economy, now it's a mere 9%, employing just 10% of the workforce.

Even high tech manufacturing is being outsouced, much of it to china. 70% of the new boeing aircraft, including the engines, is being made overseas.

Last year, China produced 600,000 engineering graduates, all english speaking, while america produced only 70,000.

My point is that you can rant and rave all you want, but a large number of the products you use on a daily basis will have been made in china or closeby, probably without you even realising it.

Hadescopy.jpg

Given that a significant part of your consumer goods manufacture is done there to cut costs that's pretty funny.

In 1965 manufacturing accounted for 53% of the american economy, now it's a mere 9%, employing just 10% of the workforce.

Even high tech manufacturing is being outsouced, much of it to china. 70% of the new boeing aircraft, including the engines, is being made overseas.

Last year, China produced 600,000 engineering graduates, all english speaking, while america produced only 70,000.

My point is that you can rant and rave all you want, but a large number of the products you use on a daily basis will have been made in china or closeby, probably without you even realising it.

On the contrary. I hate cheap goods made in nations with poor labor standards. I am well aware that oh I don't know, 90% of things in the local store are made in a cheap sweat shop. As for the graduates, looking at population ratios thats not bad. If I were president of the U.S., I'd start the change to domestic manufactured goods, even placing embargos on nations such as China for their poor labor standards.

Twitter | @Insevin

Then that's a fundimental problem with the free-market economics on which the entire nation is built on.

An embargo on china would be pretty funny though, you'd be looking at a complete collapse of your entire economy. Your industry simply isn't tooled to cope.

Hadescopy.jpg

The worst thing that ever happend to Europe was Chritianity.

Baawww butthurt

That stand has no intellectual basis and you should be shamed just for saying that

Enlighten me then, if christianity has been so great for europe tell me one benefit its given to europe!

I can think of none. So go on then!

Hmm, how about i'll spend eternity in Heaven instead of Hell? Seems pretty good to me.

Oh **** you Landiskan, you really had to dig that up did you?

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Hmm, how about i'll spend eternity in Heaven instead of Hell? Seems pretty good to me.

Why did you have to bring that up, why? :lol:

Anywho, what about if your faith has been misplaced and there is no heaven and no hell? :teehee:

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

People love to fight. If it was not over religion they find something else to fight about. Calling yourself a christian doesn't make someone a christian any more than standing in a tree and calling yourself a tree... makes you a tree. >.< Okay maybe that made more sense in my head than after i wrote it down.

:bat: Oh well, I don't mind everything I use being made elsewhere, or the things that are made here being made of materials from elsewhere. Because thats our american spirit: ignorance and liberty. I think it is... whatever.

Twitter | @Insevin

Well, free market economics are cirtainly a step up from most forms of mercentalism but there are problems involved in letting companies do basically whatever they want to make money.

Hadescopy.jpg

With the continued slump of the dollar compared to the euro (& due to the mortgage and credit market crisis - latest "victim" Bear Stearns) EU has now apparently overtaken the US as the biggest economy in the world.

Linky (latest estimate)

Not bad for someone on the decline and fall eh heh... And we still have social wellfare hah! ;)

Edited by Brdavs

Portugal is in Western Europe, and it sucks too. Apart from the weather, Austria is certainly a better place to live than Portugal.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat: