"the last" Jedi?

Petra

How come it was so stressed that the Exile was "the last Jedi" and therefore chased by the Sith... if Bastila later made an appearance in the game?!

Because the Sith Lords of the game thinking that the Exile is the last jedi is the reason they are hunting him down, so that the jedi will be extinct.

Edited by Jediphile

I can't remember the exact conversation, but isn't it said something to that effect when the Exile talks to Atris the first time, that the Sith is hunting him because they think he is the last (implicit, nevermind if he really is the last or not) and Atris think them silly because the Exile is not a real jedi anymore, since parts of him are missing?

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I can't remember the exact conversation, but isn't it said something to that effect when the Exile talks to Atris the first time, that the Sith is hunting him because they think he is the last (implicit, nevermind if he really is the last or not) and Atris think them silly because the Exile is not a real jedi anymore, since parts of him are missing?

She tells the exile he is not a jedi, because he was cast out by the order. She then tells him that she is the last jedi...

both of which are untrue, particularly the former, which is sort of a lie, according to the cut content

She tells the exile he is not a jedi, because he was cast out by the order. She then tells him that she is the last jedi...

both of which are untrue, particularly the former, which is sort of a lie, according to the cut content

Didn't the Exile get the idea about being the last jedi from Kreia?

It really is too long since I played this game. Currently waiting for the TSLRP :lol:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Kreia did mention that the Exile was the last of the Jedi. Last, a word that should be used loosely since there is Bastila and probably more Jedi left. Perhaps the Exile is the last of the Jedi from the Mandalorian Wars.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Ok, so Bastila ceased to be a Jedi or what? :thumbsup:

I mean, why those Sith Lords couldn't "feel" her through the Force? They should've known that she was alive. If they "felt" force-users through the Force so well that they could perfectly trace where the Exile was and attack, there couldn't be any problems with tracing Bastila, too!

But nobody bothered with her, she wasn't even mentioned in that respect. And when she appeared in the game she mentioned no threats to herself either.

Edited by Petra

Maybe she was able to "mask" her presence?

Or maybe the writers just overlooked it :thumbsup:

I would guess the latter.

I guess it's the former. There were plenty of Jedi running around, though they were all in hiding.

It was Atris who made the Exile into the "last Jedi" for the Sith. She was the one who got the news out that he was back and that he was the last Jedi, to lure the Sith out of the shadows. Why the Sith really believed that the Exile was the last Jedi it a bit unclear, though I guess it was a mixture of not finding any and being told that the last one was coming back.

I guess it's the former. There were plenty of Jedi running around, though they were all in hiding.

It was Atris who made the Exile into the "last Jedi" for the Sith. She was the one who got the news out that he was back and that he was the last Jedi, to lure the Sith out of the shadows. Why the Sith really believed that the Exile was the last Jedi it a bit unclear, though I guess it was a mixture of not finding any and being told that the last one was coming back.

This is indeed true.

The Sith hunted the exile because they were exterminating the jedi, performing their own "jedi purge". When the jedi gathered on Katarr, and Nihilus then obliterated the planet, they all went into hiding. Thus the Sith thought the jedi were all gone, except the one jedi that was exiled from the order a decade before.

However, they thought that because Atris staged it that way. Note that HK-47 (or is it the first HK-50 unit - I forget) reveals that the exile is specifically mentioned in the coreward databases. This is never touched upon again specifically in the game, but the cut content includes bits where Atris reveals that she planted that data for the Sith to find, so that the exile would be become a target for them in a plot to make the Sith reveal themselves.

Not only that, Atris was to have been on Katarr herself, but instead leaked the location of the meeting in order to draw the Sith out, only Nihilus responded quicker and more decisively than she had expected. And so she set up the exile as the target next, when the other jedi masters went into hiding.

Note that Vrook, Zez-Kai Ell and Kavar have no idea that Atris is still alive in the game and actually think that she, too, was killed on Katarr.

Edited by Jediphile

Because unoriginality is the hallmark of SW?

I allways found it amusing how some ppl hold it very much against K1, the numerous tributes/nods and copies of OT, and how K2 got considerably less flak on that account...

But frankly not only did k2 had about the same amount of these "rippoffs" (for some, I call them tributes and enjoy them) it did the mother of all rippoffs and (presumably) killed off all the jedi except for one last one to rebuild the new order... pheck me havent I seen that somewhere hmmmm lol...

And thats about the only thing I hold against K2... not even the ending nerfed me as much as how a whole new kotor era filled with countles possibilites got castrated down to basically a different dated OT... Lost a lot of charm the era did imho...

Edited by Brdavs

Maybe because Bastila was not a Jedi anymore, simple as that. Perhaps due to her taste of the Dark Side (in the cannon LS ending of KoTOR) she decided to leave the order, sort her head out or something. Perhaps in Atris' mind, Jedis who had been tainted by the dark side (such as Bastila or Juhani -who might still be alive) weren't true Jedi, whether ideologically or technically... or now that I think about it, they both never never really rose to the rank of Jedi Knight and were Padawans, right? In any case not being a Jedi or Sith doesn't mean that she can't be a Force user.

But if you want the real reason, I heard it's because that's not Bastila in TSL, it's Bastila's twin sister Caroline, who came back six months ago, gave her sister a brain tumour by dropping some liquid in her coffee one morning from a syringe and is now she after Revan to consumate her relationship with him. Revan (who remember his real identity and turns out to be Dylan Mackaye) is really in Baja, catching the surf and partying with Brandon, Steve and the rest of the 90210 gang. Funny story.

This is what I think:

In K1, Bastilla was converted to the Dark Side, and not all the sith were on the Star Forge, so after Malak died, they must've assumed that Bastilla was still a Sith.

Kreia was supposedly cut off from the force when she was brutally beaten by Sion (in that cutscene you can unlock by talking to Kreia) and reconnected by the Exile.

Atris was corrupted by Sith Holocrons, so she was no longer considered a "Jedi"

So...

After the Exile was reconnected... the Sith "felt" her(canon) and went after her.

geass-1.jpg

Part of Rise of the Sith TSL Mod

This is what I think:

In K1, Bastilla was converted to the Dark Side, and not all the sith were on the Star Forge, so after Malak died, they must've assumed that Bastilla was still a Sith.

Kreia was supposedly cut off from the force when she was brutally beaten by Sion (in that cutscene you can unlock by talking to Kreia) and reconnected by the Exile.

Atris was corrupted by Sith Holocrons, so she was no longer considered a "Jedi"

So...

After the Exile was reconnected... the Sith "felt" her(canon) and went after her.

There's just one thing that makes it sound wrong.

The Exile was told about being hunted for being the last Jedi. But then she went in search of other surviving Jedi, who certainly weren't "dark"! So even if we assume that the Sith misjudged Bastila's alignment, there were still surviving members of the Jedi Order whom they couldn't misjudge...

So either they were able to mask their presence, or... or I don't know what to think.

Ability to mask your presence sounds wrong, though. Because if it was possible, then it means that everybody (!) knew how to do it, except such a powerful force-user and Sith-Lords-killer like the Exile :thumbsup:

Edited by Petra

well, lets think about this:

The Exile was only able to feel Nihulis, only because his Power was overflowing with Darkness. She wasn't able to feel Sion, didn't know Kreia was a Sith until she(Kreia) told her(Exile) about the story of her getting beaten by sion. Exile didn't know where the masters were until T3 showed the hologram telling where the masters were. And so, in conclusion, all but 1 Sith Lord and no Jedi Masters were "felt" by the Exile.

geass-1.jpg

Part of Rise of the Sith TSL Mod

I think it was "last known jedi", instead of just "that last jedi".

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

• 2 weeks later...

speaking of bastila, did she come with carth, and if she did she would have been easy for people to sense, cause she would have been right there, and why did it tak the republic fleet so long to get to telos?

• 5 weeks later...