game crash

Well for some reason I cant run KotOR, when I in reach the administator room in Perages I crash.. I cant move at all, I cant turn and look and all that, but I cant move. If I save and load the game, then I can go again un til I talk or fight with someone.. and this happens in the intire game!! I have reinstaled the game, got the latest patches for the game, newest drives to my pc, but it still wont run proberly. I am going nuts soon, beacause its a really good game and i have played it alot before, and I just cant figure out whats wrong.

I have checked almost all the other topic's, but i cant find anything quite the simular.. please help me

try adjusting your graphic settings

but the problem sounds like the Dantoine bug witch can be fixed in the game options wordpad, but I don't remember the code or ware to put.

Try searching

Your not all ways being honest when your telling the truth.

Everything slows down when water's around.

If you have the original windows CD it's possible to perform a repair without losing any of the actual data on your hard drive. It's also possible to install windows without reformatting, but this might not be considered a good idea.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

Don't reinstall just yet, first try to use your old videocard with your old drivers!

My friend had problems with a few games crashing when he bought a new videocard, but with the old one they worked fine. Maybe you have the same problem. Try the old one with your new comp.

• 1 month later...
umm... A well known problem... is Vista. K2 doesn't like Vista, and Vista doesn't like K2. So if you can, get another comp, and instead download XP. It might cost a bit more, but its worth it.

Vista FUD again ,I have played it 3 times right through with Vista x64 with no problems,apart from the well known bugs that KOTOR2 has,I would make sure you have installed latest DX9.0c version on Vista,a lot of XP and Vista users forget that,btw its for all versions of Windows including Vista etc...

I do know there were a few minor problems with some video cards.

March 2008 latest DX9.0C download

Well for some reason I cant run KotOR, when I in reach the administator room in Perages I crash.. I cant move at all, I cant turn and look and all that, but I cant move. If I save and load the game, then I can go again un til I talk or fight with someone.. and this happens in the intire game!! I have reinstaled the game, got the latest patches for the game, newest drives to my pc, but it still wont run proberly. I am going nuts soon, beacause its a really good game and i have played it alot before, and I just cant figure out whats wrong.

I have checked almost all the other topic's, but i cant find anything quite the simular.. please help me

Also check your key mapping in options,I have had the odd crash in both XP and Vista where it would reset the movement controls,reconfiguring the movement keys in options fixed the problem for me.

Also check your key mapping in options,I have had the odd crash in both XP and Vista where it would reset the movement controls,reconfiguring the movement keys in options fixed the problem for me.

my keys are sensitive if you push them hard it will craSH