Jagged Alliance 3 ???

Jorian Drake

Last I heard they were not implemting sectors, mines, income, militia. Just canned missions like Fallout:tactics. So as that is my favotire part of the game, I'm not to interested. Tactical Squad combat can be fun but without the larger strategic gameplay found in XCOM or Jag 2, I don't find combat games that appealing.

edit: Without this screen the game wouldn't have lasted me through so many years.

post-378-1203384830_thumb.jpg

Edited by CrashGirl
Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Hey, thanks for reminding me, I bought JA2 on steam a little while ago but got distracted. It's time to dig it back out.

I agree by the way, the seperate strategy/tactics sections of JA2 and Xcom are both awsome.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

Jag2 still does a great job wityh tactical combat as well though!

post-378-1203385353_thumb.jpg

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Last thing I heard, they had dropped destructable environment :sad:

My interest started dwindling after that. If they also remove sectors and everything else that differentiates the game, what is the point then? That would be like X-Com without the research and base management parts ;)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

*Knock, Knock!..*

Villain: "Who's there?"

Gorth: "This is the LAW"

*Ka-Boom!!!*

Villain: "Eek, ouch, oww... sheesh thats my guts on the floor!"

Gorth: "The LAW won"

Jagged Alliance 2 is to squad combat games what Fallout is to roleplaying games.

I still keep an eye on JA3, but can't really bring any enthusiasm to the table at the moment.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

How long has JA3 been in development, it seems like years upon years upon years...

I believe it has been started and cancelled a couple of times. Sounds frighteningly familiar to another games third release, doesn't it?

How long has JA3 been in development, it seems like years upon years upon years...

I believe it has been started and cancelled a couple of times. Sounds frighteningly familiar to another games third release, doesn't it?

Yeah, but we all know FO3 was canned because MCA and Josh are actually a couple of lazy lay abouts :ermm:

RS_Silvestri_01.jpg

"I'm a programmer at a games company... REET GOOD!" - Me

Last I heard they were not implemting sectors, mines, income, militia....

jeez, i liked those also very much..now im afraid if they make any SC2 at all how it would turn out :ermm:

(same company owns both rights of SC and JA)

They don't make games for true nerds anymore, not after the soccermoms started playing WOW.

soccermom? o:)

Edited by Jorian Drake

IB1OsQq.png

Why they just didn't develop the Silent Storm engine further (to allow a few more features and BIGGER MAPS) is beyond me. That's the best 3D engine I've seen for strategic games like Jagged Alliance.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

The fact that it's using the Silent Storm engine is about the only thing keeping some interest for me. I think it has a shot at being a good modern version of Silent Storm. I don't see it coming close to JA2, but then again, games like those are rare.

I tried it. It was buggy, the graphics were bad (bas as in the characters were indistinguishable from the backgrounds) and the interface was not very intuitive. I could have lived with all that if the game had been as gripping as JA2. It wasn't.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

You know, i just started to play 'just cause', and it suprised me how much it feels like a combination of JA and GTA, and those in the nearly best possible way to imbue in eachother. It has 'militia', it has sectors, it has city capturing. the part of GTa means you can drive dozens of vehicles, you only have your main, one 'mercenary' (special agent here) and it has FPS fighting instead tactical one :)

what really makes sad (other than the no tactical fight) is that you have no RPG-like character creation/costumization and levels

IB1OsQq.png