The best man in KOTORs

Petra

oh god, fox news is heading for the lulz again

didn't read it lol

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Ah, heck. Here we go again.

I estimate the first human vs. Android Coalition war to set place in 2078.

Railguns! Romance! Global freaking retardation!

Sooner my friend - look at all the UAVs flying around already! :)

I retract my statement: Global retardation is here! Um...was already here! Yesterday!

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Bindo all the way... gotta love the old geezer.

And just how exactly is *Atton* not "whiney"? For crying out loud, the centerpiece of his storyline was the ex jedi killer remorse and ensuing trauma compelled by his "affections" for you (be it male or female)... Christ, and Carth got stick lol... Atton`s a crybaby version of Han. Heck he uses 20% of his lines... :lol:

How ppl that resent K1 for its "copying" of the OT and characters for being "whiney" end up having Atton as their fav. character is one of those funny mysteries in life that will prolly never get answered or logically explained...

Haha, can't agree more... I have a special hatred for Atton...

Canderous is great, he just makes me laugh all the time, especially his run-in dialogues with civilians on Dantooine in KOTOR 1. He's out of his mind...

Jolee is worth some laughs too, he's a feisty old man... :woot:

Intel Core i5 760 2.8 GHz / MSI P55-CD53 / 8 GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series PC10666 1333 MHz DDR3 / MSI GeForce GTX 560Ti Hawk Edition 1 GB

The topic name doesn't explain much. Zalbaar is a male... but a wookie. Anyway... my vote is a tie between Canderous and Atton. Because Canderous is a war hardened bad butt, he doesn't take crap but is very loyal. Atton seems like the guy who always is at the wrong place at the wrong time... but no worries his Fighting Spirit will bring him back from his mistakes.

62nzp7r.jpg

""Savior, conqueror, hero, villain. You are all things, Revan

• 4 weeks later...
Try more like...

Atton:

"I killed Jedi. But then one day this female jedi came around... she revealed to me I can use the force... and... and I... I KILLED her... but the manner of her death by my hand moved me deeply *deep breath* *sob*... dissilusioned, pained and full of selfloathe I deserted and went into hiding/exile... hanging out with you now makes me realise I.... I actually loved her *sniff*... I`m so glad you forgive me and let me stay, but I can never forgive myself. and now... now I secretly love you,and I worry deeply for you. Plus I`m insanely jelous of disciple and I "have a bad feeling" all the time.

haha, you just made me giggle!

I am a passionate Carth lover. Flame away all you want, o male members. :thumbsup: Carth is my all-time favorite, though. He's funny, he's handsome, he's wounded--these are things women dig.

However, I also really, really liked Canderous and took him around with my PC almost all the time. I loved his backstory and I thought he was a very complex character. I liked how shaken he was after his encounter with Jagi.

Jolee is also a favorite because I think he's hilarious. If you take him to Korriban with you and get into the Academy by persuading Yuthura to let you in and then tell her that your companions are slaves, he will make a funny remark about how he's glad his nice master doesn't beat him so much anymore.

I also really liked Atton because I also found him complex. When he revealed his backstory, I was truly shocked. I only wish he'd been romanceable.

Disciple was interesting and I would have liked to see him developed further.

Psst, Brittany. Check my sig for a link to my fanfic. :p

For Knights of the Old Republic I fanfic goodness, please visit Sweetie's Works of Fiction

Hmm thats tough because I love Carth, he's the existential good guy but Atton is the reformed(and sexy) bad boy...

It's a real toss-up between those 2 for me. I really liked Carth from the very beginning, but Atton REALLY grows on you. Plus, he's got some of the best lines...

Also, I appreciate the fact that Atton will stick with you no matter how dark-sided you choose to be. I know this is supposed to be due to your crazy influence over people, but I'd like to think that it's mostly because he's got a little darkness of his own barried deep inside him. Ultimately, if you're darksided in KOTOR, you can't have Carth.

And I prefer to keep in mind that if TSL had been finished properly, you WOULD have found out that Atton had deep feelings for Fem Exile.

legoK2.jpg

Check out my KOTOR fan vids on YouTube. And no, they're not of legos.

Less than three Master Vrook. No matter what, he always manages to make it look like you're screwing up big time.

"If we are going to have a Jedi Council at all, somebody, somewhere, is going to do what it tells them!"

Nobody pulls rank like Master Vrook.

Honourable mention for Sion, but mostly for the concept and voice acting. Execution was not so good. He proved to be Teh Ultimate emo kid of the Universe, in a "I'd cut myself, but it's no good" way.

ITT misdirected use of word emo kid

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

It's a real toss-up between those 2 for me. I really liked Carth from the very beginning, but Atton REALLY grows on you. Plus, he's got some of the best lines...

Also, I appreciate the fact that Atton will stick with you no matter how dark-sided you choose to be. I know this is supposed to be due to your crazy influence over people, but I'd like to think that it's mostly because he's got a little darkness of his own barried deep inside him. Ultimately, if you're darksided in KOTOR, you can't have Carth.

And I prefer to keep in mind that if TSL had been finished properly, you WOULD have found out that Atton had deep feelings for Fem Exile.

I think Atton's appeal has to do with his dark streak. He's funny and does have some of the greatest lines but I think what really gave him that extra intrigue for me was the fact that he had a bit of an attitude and that his past wasn't squeaky clean. This is not the sort of man I would like in real life. :sweat: But he's fun in a game.

I really would have liked to see that. :shifty:

For Knights of the Old Republic I fanfic goodness, please visit Sweetie's Works of Fiction

There's nothing emo about Sion

I've really grown to hate the way how "emo" has turned into nearly meaningless buzzword.

Edited by Xard

Oh, okay. I guess his living in a permanent state of self-loathing and anguish (not to mention the fact that he actually *wants* the PC to convince him to die), doesn't qualify as "emo" enough for you.

I've really grown to hate the way some people post before thinking.

Thank you, come again.

Oh, okay. I guess his living in a permanent state of self-loathing and anguish (not to mention the fact that he actually *wants* the PC to convince him to die), doesn't qualify as "emo" enough for you

And where exactly did you pull THIS one out? From within the game I mean

And gee, all those old people under horrible pain from their illnesses wanting euthnanasia are SO emo :sorcerer:

Edited by Xard

And where exactly did you pull THIS one out? From within the game I mean
What, the guy that is sustained by pure hatred alone? The same one whose only goal is to inflict pain on others because pain is all he feels and understands? The one Sith Lord that is convinced to quit living by appealing to his own festering insecurities?

Did you even *play* the game?

And gee, all those old people under horrible pain from their illnesses wanting euthnanasia are SO emo :sorcerer:
I'm not sure how you reached the conclusion that leading a life full of imaginary suffering (by choice, no less) is the same as being a prisoner in one's own body due to multiple sclerosis or terminal cancer. That is distasteful, disrespectful, and dangerously fallacious.

But yeah, when everything else fails, dump the rolleyes emoticon. There's no defense against that.

So it is ok to want dead in conditions I mentioned above but NOT in Sion's case? Sion's existence was monstrous and wrong in the very beginning, by all means he should've been dead. Pain and everything Sion felt was exponentially worse than any living humans. And mere idea of pain being something perfectly quantative is stupid and ignorant.

Fact he kept going on and on when anyone should've collapsed long time ago speaks for itself - guy was madman or avatar of hatred, take your pick, but by no means emo.

I'm not sure how you reached the conclusion that leading a life full of imaginary suffering (by choice, no less) is the same as being a prisoner in one's own body due to multiple sclerosis or terminal cancer. That is distasteful, disrespectful, and dangerously fallacious.

Did YOU play the game? There's nothing imaginary in Sion's pain.

So it is ok to want dead in conditions I mentioned above but NOT in Sion's case?
Main difference being that in Sion's case, nothing prevented him from killing himself. Sion wanted to die but didn't have the guts to do it.

And mere idea of pain being something perfectly quantative is stupid and ignorant.
Is this of any relevance to the discussion or you just were looking for an excuse to throw around the words "stupid" and "ignorant"?

Fact he kept going on and on when anyone should've collapsed long time ago speaks for itself - guy was madman or avatar of hatred, take your pick, but by no means emo.
No. It was a learned skill (according to Kreia), not something stemming from inherent strength of will, as evidenced by the fact that his will is weak enough to be weakened by mere words to a point where he gives up on life.

Did YOU play the game? There's nothing imaginary in Sion's pain.
The imaginary part of my statement was in reference to the stereotype of emo. Sion's life was the result of his choices. He could have killed himself easy enough, but chose to live as an angst-driven pain guru instead.

But whatever. I'm starting to feel real silly for discussing whether or not Sion is emo, so this is the last I'm going to say about it. I'm not particularly proud of the derailment, either.

Ultimately, if you're darksided in KOTOR, you can't have Carth.

Hey, look what I found!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lnek4GxFeds Maybe I'll try this mod out if I ever feel like playing KOTOR dark-sided again. :bat:

I liked the one where you killed him in the first place better - annoying git.

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

I liked the one where you killed him in the first place better - annoying git.

Yeah, before when I'd play dark-sided, I'd always try to figure out a way to let him live. But if you don't kill him, Bastila does. :sad: It kinda makes the whole dark-sided thing not worth it to me.

legoK2.jpg

Check out my KOTOR fan vids on YouTube. And no, they're not of legos.