The best man in KOTORs

Petra

Seeing the topic about Bastila, I decided to make another one, but this time about a man. To choose the best man is more difficult, because you don't do it by how they look like :)

For me that has to be Canderous, he was "a real man", so to speak. A man who could deal with anything, and wouldn't cry and complain like a little boy when somebody offended him.

Malak could stand a little chance, but he was behaving like a fool most of the time, stupidly laughing and talking nonsense. It made him look ridiculous and funny.

Darth Sion was rather interesting, his behaviour (if you played a female Exile) made him interesting. Not many people would ever decide that they should kill somebody to prevent "the bigger evil". It was an interesting idea. But he was complaining too much, I think, and proved to be weak in the end. What kind of man would willingly escape life. If he was stronger, he'd help the Exile to fight Kreia instead, just to take revenge if nothing else.

Share your opinions!

P.S. Revan is out. His personality wasn't clear, you could play him however you wanted and imagine him whatever you wanted him to be.

huh. Interesting idea. I would say Atton, because he is lucky(in everything. Pazaak, life in general), and so.. well.. that means he would be good and successful in most things. and... lets not forget an interesting ability he has. Fighting Spirit. When he is kicked down, he gets back up[in a couple of minutes :)]

geass-1.jpg

Part of Rise of the Sith TSL Mod

Hm, it's strange that everybody likes Atton. He seemed more like an idiot to me, or like somebody who pretends to be an idiot. You couldn't even know him well, he wasn't saying anything about himself. And the worst thing about him is that he'd probably stab you in the back any time. And probably he'd run away if somebody attacked you, just because he's too smart to waste his life helping you :thumbsup:

A rather untrustable man...

Agree Sion was interesting as a female Exile, but he seemed too much of a puppet for me to actually admire.

Knee jerk reaction would be to vote Atton, because I found him the most "fun" - love those Han-Solo/Indiana Jones type characters - but I wouldn't want to marry him.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Bindo all the way... gotta love the old geezer.

And just how exactly is *Atton* not "whiney"? For crying out loud, the centerpiece of his storyline was the ex jedi killer remorse and ensuing trauma compelled by his "affections" for you (be it male or female)... Christ, and Carth got stick lol... Atton`s a crybaby version of Han. Heck he uses 20% of his lines... :thumbsup:

How ppl that resent K1 for its "copying" of the OT and characters for being "whiney" end up having Atton as their fav. character is one of those funny mysteries in life that will prolly never get answered or logically explained...

Edited by Brdavs

Bindo all the way... gotta love the old geezer.

And just how exactly is *Atton* not "whiney"? For crying out loud, the centerpiece of his storyline was the ex jedi killer remorse and ensuing trauma compelled by his "affections" for you (be it male or female)... Christ, and Carth got stick lol... Atton`s a crybaby version of Han. Heck he uses 20% of his lines... :shifty:

How ppl that resent K1 for its "copying" of the OT and characters for being "whiney" end up having Atton as their fav. character is one of those funny mysteries in life that will prolly never get answered or logically explained...

How are the others not whiny?

Carth: "Oh, my familys dead, my planets dead, and I'll be next. Wait.. Dustil? NOOOO!!!!"

Atton: "I killed Jedi. Big Whoop"

Canderous: nothing really...

Jolee: "I am soooo tired of living under a 60 mile high tree for 40 years"

Mical: "oh, how I love her... I want to stroke her hair.. wait.. am I talking to Kreia? NOOOOOOOO!!!!!"

Bao-Dur: "I regret the Wars... but I needed to justify my... cravings for Mandalorian Blood"

Atton and Canderous are obviously normal

geass-1.jpg

Part of Rise of the Sith TSL Mod

Try more like...

Atton:

"I killed Jedi. But then one day this female jedi came around... she revealed to me I can use the force... and... and I... I KILLED her... but the manner of her death by my hand moved me deeply *deep breath* *sob*... dissilusioned, pained and full of selfloathe I deserted and went into hiding/exile... hanging out with you now makes me realise I.... I actually loved her *sniff*... I`m so glad you forgive me and let me stay, but I can never forgive myself. and now... now I secretly love you,and I worry deeply for you. Plus I`m insanely jelous of disciple and I "have a bad feeling" all the time.

Oh yea. He da hardcor man compared to others lol... :shifty:

Best male party member or male resembling droid party member.

The topic has a bad name. Pretty much this: best human male in KOTORs. We should generalize to make it: best male party member or male resembling droid party member. I don't exactly have a favorite. Canderous, Mandalore and Atton I guess. I know Canderous/Mandalore, but I mean I like KOTOR 1 and 2 versions of him. Why are all the droids evil!? I don't really care for GO-TO but HK-47 is cool. I also say T3-M4 is one of my favorites. Its halarious that you have lengthy conversations with him but would have no idea what hes saying was it not for the available qestions toward him. And when you play as him theres always the long talks where you only have one choice each time to speak and its something like: Beep! Doot beep. Anyway, yeah.

Twitter | @Insevin

I also say T3-M4 is one of my favorites. Its halarious that you have lengthy conversations with him but would have no idea what hes saying was it not for the available qestions toward him. And when you play as him theres always the long talks where you only have one choice each time to speak and its something like: Beep! Doot beep. Anyway, yeah.

I agree - he was one of my favorite things about the game. They did a really good job at bringing over the droid "attitude" and charm that made the droids so popular in the films, imo. Funny how you can become so attached to a pile of metal bolts.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Although it is how the fairer sex may view us, I am not so sure that droids and men are synonyms...

Of course not. Usually, droids are not sexy. Those that are, well they're droids. What, are you gonna hook up with a machine? Don't care how good the AI, I'd never love a machine in that way.

Twitter | @Insevin

Although it is how the fairer sex may view us, I am not so sure that droids and men are synonyms...

Of course not. Usually, droids are not sexy. Those that are, well they're droids. What, are you gonna hook up with a machine? Don't care how good the AI, I'd never love a machine in that way.

Heh, this reminds me of some recent predictions of some futurists that people will marry robots in 50 years or so...

Heh, this reminds me of some recent predictions of some futurists that people will marry robots in 50 years or so...

:yucky:

I know... and what's more, it wasn't meant as a joke!

:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o

Twitter | @Insevin

>_<

I know... and what's more, it wasn't meant as a joke!

;):o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o

I feel disturbing your sleep, so I found an article for you:

Forecast: Sex and Marriage With Robots by 2050

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

By Charles Q. Choi

E-Mail Print Digg This! del.icio.us

AP

The 'Actroid,' a robot designed to look like a Japanese actress at a trade fair in Taiwan in 2006.

Humans could marry robots within the century. And consummate those vows.

"My forecast is that around 2050, the state of Massachusetts will be the first jurisdiction to legalize marriages with robots," artificial intelligence researcher David Levy at the University of Maastricht in the Netherlands told LiveScience.

Levy recently completed his Ph.D. work on the subject of human-robot relationships, covering many of the privileges and practices that generally come with marriage as well as outside of it.

At first, sex with robots might be considered geeky, "but once you have a story like 'I had sex with a robot, and it was great!' appear someplace like Cosmo magazine, I'd expect many people to jump on the bandwagon," Levy said.

Pygmalion to Roomba

The idea of romance between humanity and our artistic and/or mechanical creations dates back to ancient times, with the Greek myth of the sculptor Pygmalion falling in love with the ivory statue he made named Galatea, to which the goddess Venus eventually granted life.

RelatedStories

Japanese Robot Gives Facial Massages Spy Flies All the Buzz at Washington, N.Y. Political Events Japanese Building Robots to Help Elderly Study: Roomba Owners Get Deeply Attached to Robots Next Wave of Consumer Robots Debuts at New York Expo Video

Bio-Mechanical Love This notion persists in modern times. Not only has science fiction explored this idea, but 40 years ago, scientists noticed that students at times became unusually attracted to ELIZA, a computer program designed to ask questions and mimic a psychotherapist.

Ah, heck. Here we go again.

I estimate the first human vs. Android Coalition war to set place in 2078.

Railguns! Romance! Global freaking retardation!

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds