What you did today

Walsingham

I have both Tacitus at Suetonius at home - they're pretty darn good, yes. Also Polybius, Thucydides, Herodotus and a few others. They're actually very nice reading.

Ah. Hence your name.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I have both Tacitus at Suetonius at home - they're pretty darn good, yes. Also Polybius, Thucydides, Herodotus and a few others. They're actually very nice reading.

They are certainly far better reading that my text book is. I also have a copy of Plutarch Fall of the Roman Republic sitting on my desk here. I'll likely need to pick up a few of the Greek historians when I take Greek history come September.

Neither Tacitus, Suetonius, nor Cassius Dio seemed very fond of Nero. >_<

If I'm not mistaken, I seem to recall reading your name in Tacitus Annals somewhere. I remember it kind of jumped out at me when I read it, but I didn't write it down in my notes.

I am that rare beast: a man who can resist the urge to be curious. Although I must say I mastered the art only after reading the NYPD crime investigation handbook. I challenge anyone who believes the death penalty is always wrong to read it.

Where can I find it? I'm opposed to the death penalty.. :lol:

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Ah. Hence your name.

I'm horrible at naming things. I come across all these really weird and wonderful names, but when I have to sign up to a forum they're all hiding in the cranial recesses. Ah well.

Deraldin - Tigranes was the name for several Armenian kings, among them 'the Great' (95-55BC), but really, 'great' for Armenia doesn't really mean anything for Tacitus and Rome.

I find Greek history a lot more interesting than most of the Roman actually, except for the late Republic/Augustan transition period. The Periklean era for Athens is absolutely fascinating and Thucydides is a superior historian to virtually anybody in antiquity.

I've been meaning to read Thykudides for a while. I absolutely love ancient history, especially pre-Roman period, but Roman as well.

I remember firs registering to this forum and seeing both "Tigranes" and "Roshan" in the browser, and feeling like home...

Today, I spent 3 hours in the uni library reading room, taking notes from Christian Kr

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I am that rare beast: a man who can resist the urge to be curious. Although I must say I mastered the art only after reading the NYPD crime investigation handbook. I challenge anyone who believes the death penalty is always wrong to read it.

Where can I find it? I'm opposed to the death penalty.. :ermm:

I means ALWAYS opposed. :) I don't think it's warranted in more than 1% of cases, or whatever. but in case you really do want to see it:

It looks like the NYPD no-longer publish their handbook. I'm guessing post 9/11 paranoia ( I read it in 2000).

This looks similar, but may be less compendious.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Death-Investigator...8981&sr=1-4

I thought this was interesting, while I went looking:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Negotiate-Win-Stra...8712&sr=1-8

I mean, I could forge good deals, if the alternative was that my interlocutor got shot by snipers.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Mus, sounds lovely. I love history and I wish I could have studied it in university, but in New Zealand most of the papers available in undergraduate levels are, well, pretty crap - firstly periods/areas I'm not fond of, like Elizabethan era England or WWI/WWII, and secondly, naturally, undergraduate papers make you just go over the whol eperiod in a sweeping event-based history. I do have a Classics degree, though.

I just took a nap from 7pm to 10pm. Arsenal are playing at 4am my time, so it's a dilemma whether to wait or not.

Before that, I plan on smooching with my girlfriend...or, in other words, rowrrrr.

Pics or it didn

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

She's real purty! Although I'd probably make her shave off the beard and ditch the glasses before I'd kiss her.

-Elwood Blues

Don't worry, I did.

kirottu said:

why's she poking herself in the face...?

Because Muso just kissed her?

-Elwood Blues

o:)

Also, essay in just about done. I can finally get out this horrible computer class. Even tapwater is cold in here and the milieu is spartan enough to make even Raphael commit suicide.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:

Man, you're so gonna get stalked o:)

...If I ever had bothered to register there that is, hurhur :)

Anyway, I'm to my greatest surprise writing first time since September. Damn painful emotionally for some reason (lolwut writer's block much?) but since couple of people absolutely wanted to see somethin I've written... well, what else is better than write something really obscure **** out of cold?

Haha, this'll be great. I've always wanted to try and write my own half assed Andalusian Dog

Edited by Xard

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Teeter?

-Elwood Blues

Well, that's the first time I've been warned for being on-topic.

Go figure.

kirottu said:

Teeter?

Teeter

I am indeed impressed by the innocence - perhaps my paper should investigate humility and over-zealous enforcers of the law (aka RuleZ Lawyers) ... o:)

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

Guest Accept

Today, Sunday, was the last day on my easter-break. So tomorrow it's back to reality, and I'm not looking forward to it. The day starts at 08.05 AM and includes a test in chemistry.

Well, well. Today I've spent most of the day at home with Mass Effect, and except from that I've been speaking to friends about various things and... slept.

Edited by Accept