What you did today

Walsingham

Today we did a "test run" of the commute to a house we're looking at making an offer for. It adds a little over 15 minutes to both of our commutes (most of which is walking and some of which is subway), but that's the cost of going from an apartment to a house. Well, that and a half-million dollars in debt.

Now I think I'm going to play some Civ IV.

a, at firednds, having a good tyime with art studtns and red wine! was!

Yes, it would appear that you are enjoying the wine... :lol:

The howling heard through out the cold, dark winter nights in Finland isn't caused by wolves... but by hangovers :lol:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

hey, a lite of 12 vol isn't supposed to cause hangovrs, just a very, shall we say, dleeted forum input afterwards

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I managed to squeeze a final

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I also had a great dinner in London with the architects in my new consortium. The food wasn't good, but the wine was acceptable, and the waitress was cute.

did you try and impress the young lady with your pipe smoke ring blowing prowess and suggestive eyebrow raising?

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

I also had a great dinner in London with the architects in my new consortium. The food wasn't good, but the wine was acceptable, and the waitress was cute.

did you try and impress the young lady with your pipe smoke ring blowing prowess and suggestive eyebrow raising?

No more than usual. :shifty:

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I wouldn't waste your time with sins of a solar empire. imo

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

I wouldn't waste your time with sins of a solar empire. imo

Why? I've not heard anything truly negative about it other then that there were some multi-player issues when it was first released. :)

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

A fun evening. Beers with friends, then as we were leaving the pub saw a woman and her boyfriend having the typical mardi row. Trouble happened, however when the girl screamed "get off me", which as far as I'm concerned means just that. I shouted out "Alright, that's enough." and pounded over in my size nines (I'm wearing in a spare pair of Army boots). This bloke was a good eight inches and fifty pounds bigger than me, but I'm a great believer in right over might. Once I charged in, my friends followed up, and long story short we saw the girl home, with boyfriend meekly in tow. Poor girl had been assaulted two weeks previous, and was basically just in a state, mentally. Took an hour to see it all through.

Good deed done. :)

Quite relieved I didn't get kicked senseless. :) Maybe some of this Army nonsense about selfless commitment is rubbing off.

BTW, how come thesluig doesn't have an avatar. Can we sort him out with one?

-Elwood Blues

Well my opinion is most likely pretty biased. I only played versus the AI and no multiplayer (ahem, i mean you test drive a car before you buy it amirite..). But anyways combat just left a really really bad taste in my mouth. It was just way too slow and non climactic. I liked the level system for capital ships but it was just like battle tactics made me angry becuase ships moved really slow or they'd run away and time warp back and forth between planets when I'd follow. And killing planets, horribly lame. I suppose I'm just too spoiled by warcraft 3. Plus I've never played a game like civ or anything thats slower paced. I know you can speed up the pace, I had mine at normal and I was just unimpressed by the game. I think I heard it was pretty much made by a garage team, which I mean is wonderful, they did a spectacular job on it given the resources they had but I guess I'm kind of a snob.

So this post doesn't get thrown into whole other section of the forum. I got a 94 on my com exam and a 14/15 on my accounting exam. I also called about the job that I wanted to do in my earlier post in which I hinted at killing myself via Nyquil overdose but no one seemed to care and I guess they weren't hiring. The only thing keeping me holding on is tonights lost episode, my comic idea (drafting a story board and a few drawings for my friend to hopefully pimp out and draw them not horrible) and then posting that on 4chan later in the week and getting a few "posting in an epic thread"'s, and then saturday morning cartoons.

Edit:

Walshingham something similar happened but not really. I was doing a good deed, helping my friend move this heavy dresser from his house since he's moving and we come outside. This girl is in her truck and some guy is like right in her face outside almost screaming "You're taking my kids from me. You're taking my kids away from me." Just repeating that. We go inside, I'm looking around for a blunt object to murder some guy if things go out of hand, when my friend's cat playfully attacks me. So I mess around with his crazy kitten for like 10 minutes and then we go outside and things have calmed down and then we left.

And as for the avatar, I've thought about going avatar and sig plenty a time but I kind of like having no identity other than the name. Kind of like tale and a few others. It's nice but I suppose you wish I could make something appropriate.

Edited by theslug

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

It's good not to have an avatar :) It's good not to have sigs either :) However I like my avatar and my sig on these boards here... o:)

I'm not telling you what I did today, because you would all die. Of boredom. I've been so sleepy that it was just caffeine that kept me going through today. Yesterday we went out to a party: the first part of '30 years of wave' (1978-84). It was cool to see some old school goths and punks you can actually take seriously compared to the ones even younger than me joining emo-dom because it's 'in'. No idea of attitude. Not sharing any philosophy. That was different yesterday (ok, it's different at any goth event, they're pretty easy to separate from the emo ones. From a female perspective: Now self-esteemless glamour tarts flaunt their sexuality / In the name of Girl Power / They'll lose the fight forever / Selling and trading themselves to the game again and again. (Monica Richards) )

Edited by samm

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority

Well my opinion is most likely pretty biased. I only played versus the AI and no multiplayer (ahem, i mean you test drive a car before you buy it amirite..). But anyways combat just left a really really bad taste in my mouth. It was just way too slow and non climactic. I liked the level system for capital ships but it was just like battle tactics made me angry becuase ships moved really slow or they'd run away and time warp back and forth between planets when I'd follow. And killing planets, horribly lame. I suppose I'm just too spoiled by warcraft 3. Plus I've never played a game like civ or anything thats slower paced. I know you can speed up the pace, I had mine at normal and I was just unimpressed by the game. I think I heard it was pretty much made by a garage team, which I mean is wonderful, they did a spectacular job on it given the resources they had but I guess I'm kind of a snob.

The slow pace isn't for everyone and the AI is indeed damn annoying with it's games of phase lane tag. :thumbsup:

Edit:

Walshingham something similar happened but not really. I was doing a good deed, helping my friend move this heavy dresser from his house since he's moving and we come outside. This girl is in her truck and some guy is like right in her face outside almost screaming "You're taking my kids from me. You're taking my kids away from me." Just repeating that. We go inside, I'm looking around for a blunt object to murder some guy if things go out of hand, when my friend's cat playfully attacks me. So I mess around with his crazy kitten for like 10 minutes and then we go outside and things have calmed down and then we left.

And as for the avatar, I've thought about going avatar and sig plenty a time but I kind of like having no identity other than the name. Kind of like tale and a few others. It's nice but I suppose you wish I could make something appropriate.

You're saying you would have heroically intervened but were prevented from doing so by a kitten?

-Elwood Blues

it's friday night, i just got to work, and about an hour ago i found out a friend has been in hospital all day because she tried to kill herself this morning

what a great start to the night... :-

Man, that's tough. I hope she gets the help she needs, Shrykey.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

so do i man

i know she's had some problems with this sorta stuff before (this was before i met her)

i look out for her however i can though

she's just been txted me for the past hour or so

she seems to have sorted her head out a bit, but i'm still hoping to catch up with her tomorrow and have a proper chat

it tears me up to see her like this. she's an absolutely wonderful girl, but she really can't seem to see it

i'm quite surprised she's opened up to me as much as she has. she's very shy and reclusive, and i've only known her for like 7 or 8 months

hmm she's coming round tonight with a dvd to watch

seems to be acting as if nothing ever happened

i guess i'll just see how things go...

on a side note, i'm really really ridiculously tired ;)

finished work at 8am this morning, and now it's like 5pm and i still haven't gotten round to sleeping yet

hmm she's coming round tonight with a dvd to watch

seems to be acting as if nothing ever happened

i guess i'll just see how things go...

on a side note, i'm really really ridiculously tired ;)

finished work at 8am this morning, and now it's like 5pm and i still haven't gotten round to sleeping yet

From the sounds of it, she likes you. I'd keep an arms length between the two of you becuase one thing leads to another and next thing you know, every time you get in a little fight shes locked in the bathroom with a knife. It's just not worth it. Then again I'm grabbing at straws and what not.

And walshingham. Yes. Don't get me wrong though. It's one of my dreams to rush to the aid of a young beautiful woman in distress and wrestle the guy to the ground, take his back, then slowly crush his neck until I feel his life force drain from his body, and for a brief second become God. But if there's anything I love more than some good ol' fashion street justice or a delicious breakfast, it's cats. It's just too gosh darn hard to resist playing with a kitten, plus I didn't want to dirty my hands, place was in the ghetto and too many *New York accent* minarities. :)