What you did today

Walsingham

Guest The Architect

As long as it's not 21 sheep you do... :thumbsup:

So AC Milan got knocked out of the Champions League, which sucks.

The Indians beat us in the CB cricket finals. Bastards. They deserved it though.

And my mp3 player headphones are screwed. There appears to be absolutely nothing wrong with them though, but the sound is weird and ****ed up. I can only get semi-decent sound quality by plugging the headphones close to all the way in.

Edited by The Architect

So AC Milan got knocked out of the Champions League, which sucks.

Not for me! :thumbsup:

It was a great game, and I thought it was pretty funny to see Kaka slam the ball on the ground then get booked. Probably one of the few genuinely nice guys in football, though.

As long as it's not 21 sheep you do... :thumbsup:

you'd like that wouldn't you?

bet you'd film it and watch it all alone in your bedroom with the lights turned off

you're a sick sick person TA, you need to seek help :shifty:

on a serious note, my flatmate got given to sets of personalised shot glasses

two sets of 12 that spell out "shenanigans!"

the plan is i'm gonna have one lot of shots, and he'll do the other

12 shots each. we were thinking tequila :aiee:

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

And my mp3 player headphones are screwed. There appears to be absolutely nothing wrong with them though, but the sound is weird and ****ed up. I can only get semi-decent sound quality by plugging the headphones close to all the way in.

I don't know if it's a bug, but a 'certain' online store not too long ago was selling earphones for a penny.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

haha we're hoping it wont get that bad

we're making a battle plan even

big disgustingly delicious greasy meal before we start drinking, remembering to drink water between shots, and spacing the shots out a bit so we don't get too wasted too quickly

it's a good thing we decided against doing it with Absinthe

alcohol poisoning would not be so fun :yucky:

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

I finally got fed up with having a non-functional scroll wheel on my mouse so I took it apart to fix. Couldn't find the second hidden screw, so I ended up ripping it apart. Thankfully that little bit of broken plastic is well hidden inside and affect the mouse much. Took the entire scroll wheel assembly off and cleaned all the gunk out of it and put it back together. Forgot to replace the spring that gives it the "click" when you scroll, but it did work. Opened it up again to replace that spring then put it together again. It stopped working. Took the case off it and tested it. Mouse wheel worked again. Put it back together, but didn't screw it back together. It still works. Put the screw in and it stopped working again. Loosened the screw slightly and it works.

I spent 15 minutes taking apart my mouse and cleaning the mouse wheel assembly to fix something that only needed a single twist of a screwdriver. >_<

You just encountered...

MURPHY'S LAW OF COMPUTER MAINTENANCE!

Enjoy! >_<

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Actually, as far as I can tell the laser on blu-ray readers are less powerful than traditional DVD drives, enough so to place them in a lower laser class.

The 'blu' comes from the fact that it uses a violet laser rather than a traditional infa-red laser, which is part of what makes the technology work.

This laser is more focused though, so it could well be more damaging. Experimentation time!

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

It has got to be more damaging. It's running at a far shorter wavelength than DVD and CD.

I've never heard anything about them being in yet a lower power class than DVD. But I've not looked into that at all. Maybe I will!

Edit: I can only find very little information on it. Someone once said they saw a Blu-Ray player with a class 2 label. And wikipedia refers to DVD burners (note: burners, though) as III and IV!

So yeah. It shouldn't be as damaging. Until you pump more energy into it.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

6 of 7 pages in grammar paper are done!

****in ace.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

It has got to be more damaging. It's running at a far shorter wavelength than DVD and CD.

I've never heard anything about them being in yet a lower power class than DVD. But I've not looked into that at all. Maybe I will!

Edit: I can only find very little information on it. Someone once said they saw a Blu-Ray player with a class 2 label. And wikipedia refers to DVD burners (note: burners, though) as III and IV!

So yeah. It shouldn't be as damaging. Until you pump more energy into it.

iirc there are two 'grades' of class 3 lasers, those which are too strong to be class 2, but still under 500nw (which is 'safe' as long as you don't stare into it for more than a few seconds), and those which are above 500nw (which is unsafe but won't set things on fire) but not strong enough to be class 4 (the nasty shizzle).

DVD players fall into the very bottom of the second third class, generally being between 500 and 1000nw in power, but it's a pretty big class for memory. Blu-ray players seem to be about 400nm, according to wiki.

Edited by Nick_i_am

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

Yes, Blu-Ray players are 405nm. But that's a measurement of their wavelength, not power. I can find nothing about specifics in power. It probably varies from device to device. I imagine it shouldn't need as much to do its job as a DVD-R. But I also imagine that any Blu-Ray burner would also get up there.

Edited by Tale

Inversely. Lower wavelengths are more dangerous. Even for other living things than eyes. Which is why you hear more about needing protection from UV than IR. Lower wavelengths are more energetic.

Edited by Tale

http://www.techspot.com/news/29022-new-sha...-recording.html

haha, yeah, that would take your eye out pretty quick.

Isn't wavelength tied pretty closely to 'power' when it comes to the lasers ability to damage eyes though?

* Laughs hysterically * :sweat: "Someone ordered fried eye?" (While server puts away his laser pistol)

Twitter | @Insevin

I just got home today. I went to a job interview in Atlanta Ga. last Friday and a different one in Cheyenne WY on Monday. The comapny in Cheyenne sent an offer letter today. It was in my email when I got home. But the job is in Casper. Anyone know anything about that area?

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Guest The Architect

They say a friendly ghost lurks there...

Sorry, I know nothing about it, GD.

haha we're hoping it wont get that bad

we're making a battle plan even

big disgustingly delicious greasy meal before we start drinking, remembering to drink water between shots, and spacing the shots out a bit so we don't get too wasted too quickly

it's a good thing we decided against doing it with Absinthe

alcohol poisoning would not be so fun :sweat:

No, do it with Absinthe!

You'll be fine...

Just fine. :shifty:

I'm working from home translating this software manual for this Korean company.

The problem is, they tried hiring some hack in Korea to translate it to English for them, and now half the manual is in broken English and I don't even know what it's meant to say.

I'm working from home translating this software manual for this Korean company.

The problem is, they tried hiring some hack in Korea to translate it to English for them, and now half the manual is in broken English and I don't even know what it's meant to say.

Just use babel fish. They won't notice the difference.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Actually, what I was given is basically babelfish.

It really irks me because some of their terms, of course, are actually used in the program itself and I can't change it - so the manual is going to end up a hodge-podge of bad and good English.

Also, it is beyond me why they have a 300-page manual for such a simple programme; EVERY SINGLE WINDOW and EVERY SINGLE BUTTON is explained. That means over a hundred instances of "SAVE: This button saves all entered information".