What you did today

Walsingham

Immensely pleased to discover one of the upcoming tests will be a six mile run carrying 15 kilos, rather than 50 kilos as I thought.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

just curious

you at Massey or Vic?

(and drinking on a tuesday night huh?) :shifty:

Victoria, BA Honours in Media Studies.

And yeah, I only have 2 hours of classes a week this year.. 9-11am Wednesday. So I got up, went into town, couldn't catch the bus up to the campus because I had no cash left after the drinks ( :shifty: ), then the second bus came late, so I was about, uh, 45 minutes late to class. Then as soon as I go in the lecturer says, "look, two hours are too long, let's just do an hour and a half." So I missed half the class time of the entire week. :shifty:

No big loss though, apparently he was rambling pointlessly for 45 minutes non-stop before I came. Media Studies Honours is basically DIY, you see.

I make it a point to never get drunk (or get close to drunk), so I don't have any problem with drinking whenever. I never go beyond tipsy.

Speaking of car crashes, I missed the only car crash I might have witnessed in my entire life because I was in the toilet. We were all coming back from skiing (~6 hour drive after not much sleep), and the guy just turned into a busy street and went poof, about 2 minutes away from returning the rent car... I came out of the petrol station and there was this car in the middle of the road with the front all crunched up. Nobody was hurt at all, and insurance paid for it, but heh.

Hahaha! Stupid Kiwi. :shifty:

Didn't your Mummy teach you not to play with sharp objects? :shifty:

You're supposed to treat knives with care. They're not sheep you know. :shifty:

Lucky? He was unlucky to be in an accident in the first place. But yeah, things could've been much worse than they turned out to be, but thankfully they're not.

haha she tried, but i was never one to listen to her

i have a scar on my foot from an axe to prove that point :shifty:

and seriously man, he was lucky not to get hurt

a couple of years ago now, my girlfriend at the time got killed in a car accident :sad:

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

Guest The Architect

God, that's terrible. I'm sorry to hear that. :sad: It must've been devastating for you.

And ouch. You should listen to your Mum. She went through a lot of **** just to have you. There's an automatic respect they deserve for that.

Stupid Kiwis. You just don't listen. :shifty:

yeah it sorta screwed with my head for a while

i helped her dad with the funeral arrangements

not something i'd ever expected to have to do

as for the axe scar on my foot, that was just pure stupidity on my part

i was like 11, and decided to go chop some wood for the fire

was walking outside in bare feet and mum told me to make sure i put some shoes or boots on or something

of course, i didn't listen to her

everything was going fine, but on one particular swing of the axe, i missed

well, missed the bit of wood anyway

i hit my foot pretty good though :shifty:

Man, that's sterrible. Sorry to hear it. It's got to be bad when people are young and it's sudden. I had a girlfriend get into some trouble, and I damn near burst with worry until it turned out she was OK.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

yeah it really sucked

especially seeing as i'd known her since we were like 3, so we were really close even before we started dating

i still think about it from time to time, and i go pay her dad a visit every so often to catch up and have a beer

one particular thing about it gets to me still though

she had gone away on holiday, and just before she left she gave me a ring to look after for her. she said it'd always suited me, and she wanted to get it engraved for me when she got back, only... she didn't come back...

Nothing's really going to make what happened good, as you say, but at least you... erm... actually, bugger, I can't think of anything reassuring to say. On which note I'm off to the pub.

-Elwood Blues

What I didn't do today:

Get to play IWD1

Were surprised by kirottu's facebook album

Start an essay on the subject; "Anaphoric reference to -body/-one functions"

Aegh, failure.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Nothing's really going to make what happened good, as you say, but at least you... erm... actually, bugger, I can't think of anything reassuring to say. On which note I'm off to the pub.

don't worry about it man

these things happen, you deal with them as best you can

Friends and I boxed again. This time I only went one bout but I got some nice shots in and only got hit decent once, however there were quite a few near misses that would have taken my head off. But I suppose thats what you get going against someone who is like 30 pounds heavier. But more awesomer is that I've already finished one of my econ classes and I'm going to finish the other one by the end of the week. After that I'll be able to do at least 3 accounting assignments a week if I'm feeling lazy and I should be done with that in like 2 weeks and a half and only have 2 exams left. So I'll pretty much have 1 class for the last month and a qaurter of this semester. Quite awesome, quite.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

For some reason I have an image of you boxing like Sherlock Holmes.

-Elwood Blues

For some reason I have an image of you boxing like Sherlock Holmes.

Old English Accent Stolen from Conan Obrien

"I'll baste your turkey good sir!"

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Guest The Architect

I'm betting theslug would own you all in boxing, including me.

But Archie would give it a good go!

And fail.

So anyway, it's a long weekend this week, and it's been pretty ****in' hot here. Tomorrow a bunch of relies are coming over for a brunch/lunch thing so I'm here now and making sure I won't be hungover and feeling like **** tomorrow.

The only reason he woudln't beat me at boxing is I'd be hiding in the fridge.

I backed down on my house negotiations and opted to buy at the vendor's set price. On teh one hand I feel like a bitch. On the other hand, I know the reason I shifted was the mathematical certainty that further quibbling would cost me double the disputed difference. Plus it is still a very good deal. :)

-Elwood Blues

Went shopping for booze and food today, and then I made a nice beef stew for dinner. The best part: the cup of thawed sweet peas added at the very last minute. Also a highpoint: the martini I made myself while it was simmering. Mmmm... Gin! :ermm:

doing the graveyard shift is really screwing with my sleeping patterns >_<

woke up on friday afternoon at like 5pm, then worked my last shift of the week from midnight till 8am saturday morning

the plan was to go to bed because i was going out on saturday night

of course, that didn't quite work

my sister is back in the country on holiday (she's been living in Australia for the past year or so) and she came round for a visit

so didn't sleep at all then, then went out as planned that night

my night was rather... weird

went to the gig (there was a piercing show too) and had a pretty good time. saw an ex-gf and things were a bit awkward, but other than that it was okay

started feeling kinda funny afterwards though. my thoughts were all over the place and i couldn't concentrate and didn't know where i was or what i was doing

got a glowstick from somewhere and was waving it in front of my face and laughing maniacally

i'm sure i must have been recieving odd looks from passers-by...

made it home (somehow) and found my flatmate drinking with a couple of friends, and oddly enough, a couple of girls i'd noticed at the gig. apparently the others had invited them round after the gig

hmm... how did he put it...? "got some wenches round here just for you mate"

he was drunk and joking of course

i started freaking out with everyone trying to talk to me at once. i was panicking and couldn't deal with it and just began yelling

one of them eventually got me to calm down. i've decided slinkys are the greatest things in the world to occupy a fractured mind :thumbsup:

i'm still kinda all over the place, but i think now it's just a lack of sleep

other than like 20 mins on the couch with one of the random girls, i still haven't slept

it is now sunday 7pm(-ish), and i think i shall now go have a nap -_-

adieu fellow forum members :sorcerer:

Fio do you use a big green dragon as your profile pic in Facebook?

Well, duh. Fio IS a big green dragon.

I went to bed late, again, as I always do when I plan an early night. I know it's supposed to be "Do not go quietly into that dark night..." but did the poet really mean you should be playing Civ IV?

-Elwood Blues

I went to sleep at 9pm, woke up at 5am, watched the football, rejoiced at the (literally) last kick of the ball equaliser, wrote notes on Judith Butler (who is absolutely, absolutely horrendous. I can read Foucault. I can't read Butler. Reading her is trying to trace a repetitive, yet displaced, unusual mind looping back and forth in rhizomic bursts), went to church, played two hours of basketball, an hour of football, had dinner, came home. Now reading Ray Oldenburg, whose works are sadly largely unavailable in our university.

I'm tired, but I'll probably get my second wind once I delve into my new Icewind Dale campaign, so we shall see.

phrase of the day: rhizomic bursts.

You've also given me a cracking idea: playing old RPGs on the commute. Hah!

Great article: http://www.theonion.com/content/opinion/yo...ow_whats_stupid

-Elwood Blues

I am currently the lowest weight I have been in years! WOOHOOO! :*

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

I am currently the lowest weight I have been in years! WOOHOOO! :*

Good effort. Hope that's through exercise not the diet formerly known as starvation.

-Elwood Blues