What you did today

Walsingham

What I did today? Not much. Work is hardly worth mentioning.

Sad but true. Same thing applies here :thumbsup:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I went to school. It rained a little bit. I wish it rained 10x as much. I wish it would wash away my sorrow. It didn't. My accounting homework isn't going to finish itself. I cry.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Hades, I

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

I went to school. It rained a little bit. I wish it rained 10x as much. I wish it would wash away my sorrow. It didn't. My accounting homework isn't going to finish itself. I cry.

You make it sound like my comparatively trivial and boring work today is something I should celebrate :sad:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I just came in from outside. There moon just went into a total lunar eclipse so it's all red and spooky right now. :brows:

I caught that too and it was pretty cool. I even went so far as to set up my telescope in my living room but I couldnt see Saturn or its moon though.

I have a small mole about a half-inch above the left corner of my mouth. This morning, I shaved half of it off. I do this with alarming frequency (roughly once every six months or so). It doesn't hurt very badly or anything, but it takes forever to stop bleeding. I'm sure I drew some odd looks on the subway with a little square of tissue stuck to my face.

I'm beginning to think I should switch back to an electric razor.

You could have the mole removed.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

I just came in from outside. There moon just went into a total lunar eclipse so it's all red and spooky right now. :o

I caught that too and it was pretty cool. I even went so far as to set up my telescope in my living room but I couldnt see Saturn or its moon though.

I don't even have a pair of binoculars let alone a telescope. :brows:

I have a small mole about a half-inch above the left corner of my mouth. This morning, I shaved half of it off. I do this with alarming frequency (roughly once every six months or so). It doesn't hurt very badly or anything, but it takes forever to stop bleeding. I'm sure I drew some odd looks on the subway with a little square of tissue stuck to my face.

I'm beginning to think I should switch back to an electric razor.

I'd advocate having it lasered off, as Sand suggests. That or grow a tiny lopsided moustache, and claim it keeps slipping.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

We finally found/bought a house in the area we actually wanted to buy in. God what a nightmare finding one became. So yay. I'm going to miss this good-sized rented house - 15 years and a 'never see him' landlord served us well. I won't miss the southern farm fertilizer smells that drift over on the wind, however.

Right this minute, I'm trying to steam an artichoke in the microwave. I've done it before quite successfully, but this time it doesn't seem to be going as well.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I'd advocate having it lasered off, as Sand suggests. That or grow a tiny lopsided moustache, and claim it keeps slipping.

Just watch out for power surges when it comes to lasers. One power surge then BOOM! Klingon Moon Effect. Very messy. :)

Today I learned, yet again, that the people who write provisions into federal appropriations acts don't always entirely know what they're doing.

Juicy example?

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Went out and bought three ties, new headphones, and Grindhouse.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Today I learned, yet again, that the people who write provisions into federal appropriations acts don't always entirely know what they're doing.

Juicy example?

I doubt it. They tried to write budget authority to issue loan guarantees (which was totally unnecessary given that the underlying act already did that) and ended up putting a temporary cap on the total principle amount to be guaranteed. Which has the desired effect in year 1, but leaves amount of potential guarantees unlimited in subsequent years, absent further legislation. It's a new program, so I doubt that the staff members of the governing appropriations subcommittees have much experience with loan guarantees.

At least I think that's what happened. I'll need to brush up on the Red Book at bit to be sure.

As for the mole I mentioned the other day, I doubt I'll do anything. It's irritating on the day that I cut it, but once the bleeding has finally stopped, it's not that big a deal.

Edited by Enoch

I was bored to death today and watched episodes of Nadia from 24 to 39. Somewhat tiresome... Great ending for the series.

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

I found out yesterday that even though I originally took too many exceptions on my taxes, I'll still be getting money back. More money back than I actually paid.

yippee

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I drank beer, played with the dogs, and posted on internet forums all day. Mainly political forums plus traded posts with a few here. I just lit the charcoal on the grill for two center cut pork chops I have marinating in cranberry juice and apple brandy and some vegtable ke-bobs. Then I'm going to watch the Panthers blow another game against the Flyers on TV.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

My friend's ex-gf likes me; uh oh :*

Snap! My theory is that women just can't resist internerds.

-Elwood Blues

My friend's ex-gf likes me; uh oh :shifty:

Snap! My theory is that women just can't resist internerds.

Yea well we're the new breed of internerds; women hound us

Admit it, it is your all american, all covered in chrome, Harley Davidson of a PC they can't resist ;)

Spent most of Sunday working from home until around 03:00 in the morning, yay! Still managed to get up at 07:30 for... yes, a new days work :thumbsup:

Spent most of Sunday working from home until around 03:00 in the morning, yay!

Not working exclusively, but also wasting the uni-free day with little enjoyment till 2:30 am (now).

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority