What you did today

Walsingham

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

All right, then. I see people are still doing this?

I'm having a productive day. I sent some queries to some PR folks, wrote the first section of one of my cover stories, talked to our freelance photographer about setting up a shoot for a cover subjects, and now I'm waiting for my tea to cool.

I'll have to stay late at work tonight, which is kind of a bummer. I've got a phone interview with the CEO of a Left Coast company that is set for 2:30 p.m. their time. I'd try to reschedule, but it's hard enough to get on this guy's calendar. I wouldn't want to get bumped completely off it.

The Valentine's shopping is done, but I still need to get a card.

It's going to be a busy weekend. The band's playing a show on Friday night, so I'll probably be out of commission until midday on Saturday. Then, the wife and I (along with both sets of parents) are going to go see Wicked on Sunday.

/drabek blog

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

I took the day off work to try and get some rest. this plan failed. I seem to have done just about everything short of actually being in work. :p

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I did some shopping. Go in, get what I want, then speed out of the store to hit the bus before it leaves. Shopping usually takes me about a half hour, then right back home I go.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

I had a macroeconomics test today. Did not go as planned...

My macro and micro econ classes are so awesome. We only have 13 assignments and nothing else but I'm kind of stuck on my macroecon assignment for this week because there's a lot of research to do and the government (council of economic advisers) does very good at confusing stuff and putting out completely worthless information as far as my homework goes. The CIA on the other hand has been awesome.

Today I woke up to the sounds of freaking pigeons on my roof. So annoying I couldn't go back to sleep. I mean I can only hope one raped the other one brutally, then the other one counter raped the pigeon that raped him first then they both die of internal bleeding and give bird flu to any pigeon that lands hence forth.

I appreciate the honorable mention though Walsh, I've already decided to breed a super race of hawks to first kill every damned pigeon on the earth then move onto homeless people and eventually all my worst enemies, which is virtually everyone on the planet except you and some hot chicks and architect and some koalas and all cats will be spared as well.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

I had a macroeconomics test today. Did not go as planned...

My macro and micro econ classes are so awesome. We only have 13 assignments and nothing else but I'm kind of stuck on my macroecon assignment for this week because there's a lot of research to do and the government (council of economic advisers) does very good at confusing stuff and putting out completely worthless information as far as my homework goes. The CIA on the other hand has been awesome.

I really liked Micro. So far Macro hasn't been as fun, but that might have something to do with my only attending one lecture so far this semester. :ermm:

Mods are getting too lock crazy.

Not enough trolls around to keep them fed :aiee:

Working from home today, as I was getting some new office furniture delivered. Got the furniture allright, two wall units (half and half, cubboard and book shelf units). Then the delivery guys left and I tried to move one of the things. I swear they didn't look that heavy on the pictures =]

Got *one* of them upstairs thanks to much sweating, grunting and bruises. I think the second one will wait until I can get somebody to help me :ermm:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I coded my first game today. It's Flash based, and it's only like 83 lines of coding, but it still took a while.

Are you going to release it, or is it too "armature" (i.e. bad)? :aiee:

Anyway, I just finished practicing lingua latīna...

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Mods are getting too lock crazy.

Yeah, you were never quick to lock anything down, were you?

I had one of those days at work where whenever you start doing a task, you're called away for something else. Ahhh, the joys of management.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

just got into work for another graveyard shift

still haven't slept since yesterday. finished at 8am and went home to sleep, but didn't exactly go according to plan

ended up stuffing round for a while, then meeting a friend in town and going out to the movies and bought her a cd and stuff :grin:

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

It's just a point and click "Whack a mole" game.

Oh, that's what you meant. I didn't know what you said yesterday because the mic cut out a little.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Read about Halliburton and wish I hadn't. It's quite depressing stuff. I mean, how far can people go?... :/

Quite far.

-Elwood Blues

I finished a computer lab in under 0x78 minutes last night. I was quite impressed with myself.

Then I reinstalled World of Warcraft and tried a free server. Is that illegal on my part? I mean, I have the original World of Warcraft (was sent to me as a review copy) so I haven't downloaded anything.. Anyhow, I just wanted to see what had changed and if it would be worth it to go back and play some. I don't know though, because apparently you need the Burning Crusade expansion to be able to get the new stuff. Boo.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I finished my week's stint at the paper on a high note. I managd to generate three novel stories, and helped a bunch of people, which is always fun. I am going to have tow of my stories published next week, one of which will be in depth (largely down to my being able to ladle in a lot of military history.

-Elwood Blues