The second Neverwinter Nights 2 expansion pack coming?

funcroc

Come to think of it, MotB pretty much had a conclusion for the sword-bearer of the Gith.

nah, my idea for continuing the story from NWN2 and MoTB is killer! an evil fluffy pet would fit right in.

better still, an epic evil fluffy pet.

dumber than a bag of hammers

Surely it will be a new story. I really hope they go even farther away from the Sword Coast this time. They've done Thay and Rasheman, will do Westgate - I'd say the return of Planescape or some other setting, except Wizards seem to be killing them off. Still, why not a radically different society? Everywhere we go, the same ideologies of our society seems to seep in; there's always the same rhetorics of freedom, of democracy; of civilisation organised amongst townships threatened by chaotic barbarians; etc, etc. Probably rocks the boat too much, but isn't it about time we did?

Yeah, I know, I'm off my rocker.

But... but... if it doesn't take place at least partially on The Sword Coast, it will be NWN2 in name only! :p

I would like to see more of Chult, that is, if it wasn't for all the Yuan-Ti. I sort of got enough of those in the Icewind Dales. Some Zhentil Keep intrigues? Kara-Tur? Some Celtic inspired adventures on the Moonshaes? Some underwater realm?

All else failing, they could try to convince us that this takes place before Icewind Dale and that it was the sword of Gith that eventually got stuck in the chest of that big white dragon :huh:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Come to think of it, MotB pretty much had a conclusion for the sword-bearer of the Gith. Trying to expand it even further might prove to be quite difficult, or is it more difficult to start anew as a level 30 character going to 40?

Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if the sword made a comeback with a different character. The end of NWN2 seemed to hint at some kind of continued significance for the sword, but it more or less fell by the wayside in MotB, aside from using it as an interdimensional key for some reason.

Also, MAC LOLOLOLOL

I don't know much about the Forgotten Realms setting, but as Gorth said, MotB made several notions of Chult, just like Rashemen was mentioned in the OC *hint* *hint*

Point being, is Chult in another dimension, or is it on the same "world" as Rashemen and the Sword Coast?

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Point being, is Chult in another dimension, or is it on the same "world" as Rashemen and the Sword Coast?

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ag/20060607a

Pick a map in your preferred size. It is in the SW corner of the map :brows:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

An NWN campaign in a tropical jungle :thumbsup:

Far Cry/Crysis with longsword +5 and dice?

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Kara-Tur would be cool, although I have yet to educate myself on the setting with some authentic work on it. Is it more of a Sword Coast that just looks Asian and adopts surfacial 'Asian' things, or are there some real differences about the setting of Kara-Tur?

Even aesthetically speaking though, it would be nice and add a great deal of variety.

Kara-Tur is more or less based on the recognisable Asia setting we have. For examples:

Shou Lung = China

Tu Lung = China

Kozakura = Japanese

Tuigan = Mongolians

ect.

The backgrounds are at times more or less based on the existing history. For example, Shou Lung has its own Great Wall called dragon wall.

Unfortunately, it is more or less a re-skinned version of Faerun other than the ripped off/inspired setting.

More like MotB and nothing at all like the incredibly banal and pathetic dungeon o slaughter'thon that is NWN2 OC (that doesn't even try to make any sense, while slaughtering warehouses full of respawning rogues or town guards, then nobody caring at all about exterminating half the city watch).

Please, nothing like the original campaign and model the new expansion on MotB. Brilliantly done, excellent writing and great quest design. More please.

Edited by Aegeri

Boss: You're fired.

Me: Ummm will you let me have my job if I dance for you?

Boss: No, I don't think so-

Me: JUST LET ME DANCE

*Dances*

Would it be possible to go to other planes?

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Traveling along the Sword Coast would be better.

Ugh, utter fail

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

How about a low level, magic, combat game that focused on the characters and story? You know, reward players for their problem solving abilities, role playing their characters correctly, interacting with their environment and the world's NPC's. Hell give more experience for non-violent resolutions to encounters. And that's just a few options. I could care less where the game takes place, as long as the story is captivating.

......I can dream can't I?

chulttz2.th.jpg

I may be over speculating due to an uncontrolled excitement I have.

But the pic above taken from Matrox website has vegetation and interface from Neverwinter Nights 2 (One of the only 3 games they support so far) that I had never seen before.

It looks like a jungle, or is it a screenshot from MoW I had missed?

[conspiracy]

It does look very "Chult" like :)

[/conspiracy]

Heh, so it is Chult after all.

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

Zoma, great find!

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds