The second Neverwinter Nights 2 expansion pack coming?

funcroc

Atari financials leak 2008/2009 line up at Eurogamer

Atari FISCAL 2007-2008

Atari has said that it plans to ship Alone in the Dark for PlayStation 3 during its 2008-2009 fiscal year, which begins in April and ends next March.

The company's unaudited financial results for the nine months ended December 07 also reveal that a second Neverwinter Nights 2 expansion pack is due out in the same period.

Titles we plan to release during the next fiscal year of 2008-2009: the opus in the company
Edited by funcroc

Yay, I guess, although I'd rather see news of Obsidian's new IP.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Uhh, it isn't Atari's deal Pid

And that has to be XP2 since premium module is coming out much earlier

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Uhh, it isn't Atari's deal Pid

I know.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Second expansion? :)

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! :)

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Hope it will be, like MotB, outside of the sword coast.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

You know what would be really cool. If our NWN2 characters find themselves a portal that takes them Los Angeles where they can get some cheese danishes!

CHEESE DANISHES! WOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! :wowey:

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

There is no indication that "expansion pack 2" is anything more than MoW, so I'm going to wait for an official confirmation (or denial).

I'm going to wait for YOUR FACE.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

hard to imagine anyone would confuse a premium mod with an expansion pack.

that's no disrespect to premium mods, btw. i liked Daggerford and am looking forward to Mysteries of Westgate whenever the frak it gets released. but expansions are a bird of a different feather.

dumber than a bag of hammers

Like the difference between Big Bird and Woodstock.

The expansion pack is pretty much a real deal if Anthony isn't teasing us. :grin:

Well I guess the proverbial cat is out of the bag now.

How in the world is anything supposed to stay sekrit on the intart00b.

http://www.rpgcodex.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=22703

You know, hearing that MCA had been transferred from the Aliens team, I wonder if there is a possibility of him being the lead creative this time around?

Though I'm also interested if Georgie is still involved in NWN2 expansions or already moved on to other projects.

I suppose with NWN2 coming out on the Mac there's some more $$$ to be made from another expansion.

Mac release or not I'd expect a second expansion might attract a lot more $$$. It seems to me with the numerous positive reviews of MotB, which IMHO it wholeheartedly deserves, even more people might be attracted to a second expansion.

Frankly, I'd love to see Obsidian and other devs that want to work with Obs to go expansion crazy like the Sims series or something.

Its not like we have a bright future so far with D&D games unless something gets announced and I suspect NwN 2 is going to be the only decent D&D game out for a looong time so I honestly wouldn't mind seeing Atari milk it as long as possible as long as they maintain some semblance of quality tilesets, new monsters/models & stories. I guess the premium modules will fill this roll, but I'd love to see as many 'big' quality expansions like MotB as possible.

Nah. With 4E on it's way, NWN2 is likely the last 3E game but definitely expect 4E D&D games coming ouyt about the same time (within a year) of 4E's official release. I wouldn't be surprised if Atari/WOTC has a developer working on a 4E game as we speak - much like NWN1 and POR2 were being worked on at the same time (didn't work so well for POR2, thoguh, l0l).

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I am still waiting for WotC to release information about 4e that I may actually like. So far, it hasn't happen.