Red Alert 3!

Big Bottom

OK, clue number one that Red Alert 3 is on the brink of announcement (from the PC Gamer website).

by Chuck Osborn, Senior Executive Editor

Boy, are our faces Red! If you came here looking for a major announcement regarding our April 2008 cover story, consider this your Alert that a pack of ravenous polar bears ate the story. Three of them!

Please check back this Thursday when we'll have reassembled the story from their innards.

Clue number two, a little more obvious, is these magazine scans that have 'Red Alert 3' in large writing on them with pictures of Soviets.

http://www.gamereplays.org/community/index...howtopic=339520

I want those cleavage shots. The chicks in the last CnC had no cleavage to speak of.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

No Kari Wuhrer, no care.

That's a fine system for RTS appraisal.

I think more people should use my review systems.

RTS will be judged by the cleavage featured in the FMVs.

Movies will be judged by just how much worse than my life the character's lives are. (5 stars for Saving Private Ryan)

FPS games use the Old Man Murray system, time until you see the first crate.

Action adventure games must be judged by the mental instability of the protagonist.

WRPGs get judged by how funny the evil options are.

JRPGs get judged by the size of the villain's sword and how awesome his evil laugh is.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

You can never have enough cleavage in a game. However, sometimes you need a prerequisite to get it like Power Attack. However, later on you may qualify for Great Cleavage and Sundering Blow.

:wowey:

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Screenies!

http://planetcnc.gamespy.com/screenshots/?page=1

Looks nice and colourful, and there seems to be plenty of boats which should keep a lot of people happy. And there's a third faction now, the Japanese.

Some details from the translated Hungarian magazine:

All the single campaign can be played in cooperative mode!

Dogs will bark. Yes, no laser cannons, special bombs but barking! And Dog's barking will frighten troops in vicinity for some seconds

russian machine gunners can kill snipers from the distance – they saw some Arnie movies for sure. Snipers got some shields, so if their special power is activated no machine gunner can touch them – and they kill the russian with ease.

s we loved in previous Red Alerts, there will be superweapons here too. All 3 sides will get one, but

Of course japanese are very smart, with all high-tech gadgetry,

Japanese are new to the game, so they have new units for sure. First of all the Sea Wing bomber – it can be converted any time to submarine, and not because it was shot down! Tsunami tank is other new innovation from Japan, that even a big destructor, it loves water. Really. It slows down on the shore, but it got a big gun. And I'm not talking about myself this time hehe. Allied units use Apollo fighters, that are deadly in air, but nothing against ground units, so it needs a good friend and companion, the Century bomber. This one is slow, vulnerable to anti-air fire, but when it bombs. Oh my.... it bombs like lotta hell! Mirage Tank is a good memory from Red Alert 2, for sure all of you remember on the trick, that Mirage turned into a tree. New trick, trees can turn inot Mirage tanks! No, kidding... New Mirage tank will be able to turn to something else. My lucky guess: a tub. Soviet are numerous and not so high tech (just call'em low tech, Arnie). Kirov Airship uses a helluva lot of hit points and helluva lot of destructive boms. No antiair defense in all, but very beautiful explosion effect is included, when it's coming down! Mobile V4 artillery is the little son of the late V3 used in old red Alerts. It1s a very precise weapon with a big destructive range. Of course it can swim too, and doesn't turn to be a submarine. I swear. Stingray sloop is a small, but fast ship, equipped with Tesla's lightning hurler. And 2 of that toy. Yumm!

In all old Red Alerts game speed allowed players to do rushing tactics. In this one developers recognized that flaw of the game, and they plan the multi-parties to be slower paced.

side of things, even mining and energy-making units are the same as before.

the first expansion of red Alert will be about The latest Revenge of Yuri. No title is determined yet.

Edited by Big Bottom

*begins to rock out to hell march*

One, Two or the Remix? :aiee:

Origional... I've got the freaking soundtrack (including the track for "it came from red alert" or whatever the ant level was)

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

One, Two or the Remix? :aiee:

Origional... I've got the freaking soundtrack (including the track for "it came from red alert" or whatever the ant level was)

Heh. Those ant mission were great. I never did beat the last one though. Those warrior ants were tough bastards. I don't have the original soundtrack CD for the first game but I do have the soundtrack for the RA2. *hugs his RA2 collector's edition* Best $70 I ever spent on a game.

Deadly Nightshade: The April issue of PC Gamer has RA3 as it's cover story. Not sure about anything beyond that.

Edited by Deraldin

One, Two or the Remix? :grin:

Heh. Those ant mission were great. I never did beat the last one though. Those warrior ants were tough bastards. I don't have the original soundtrack CD for the first game but I do have the soundtrack for the RA2. *hugs his RA2 collector's edition* Best $70 I ever spent on a game.

Deadly Nightshade: The April issue of PC Gamer has RA3 as it's cover story. Not sure about anything beyond that.

got the warchest for red alert 1 back when I was eight. Then more recently got the decade collection, the Red Alert 2/Tiberian Sun/Renegade collection (lost the decade collection.. think my older brother took it) and have been pondering getting the decade collection again (even though I techically own all the games at least once) Edited by Calax

One, Two or the Remix? :grin:

got the warchest for red alert 1 back when I was eight. Then more recently got the decade collection, the Red Alert 2/Tiberian Sun/Renegade collection (lost the decade collection.. think my older brother took it) and have been pondering getting the decade collection again (even though I techically own all the games at least once)

Let's see here, not counting "The First Decade" my C&C collection looks something like this...

Original C&C + Expansions: Don't own

Red Alert 1 + Expansions: Burned copies received from uncle when I was seven.

Tiberian Sun + Firestorm: Bought and lost original copy of Tiberian Sun. Received extra copy from same uncle. Do not own Firestorm.

Red Alert 2 + Yuri's Revenge: Bought both at release. Picked up collector's edition for RA2 with awesome pewter Tesla Trooper and soundtrack. :grin:

Renegade: Received from same uncle again. He didn't realize it was an FPS.

Generals + Zero Hour: Bought deluxe edition couple months after it was released.

Tiberium Wars + Kane's Wrath: Bought Kane Edition of Tiberium Wars #37650 of 100000. Kane's Wrath preordered.

I need copies of the original, RA1 + expansions and Firestorm in order to have a complete collection of individual CD's.

well for the record I owned in CD format every single C&C game except for renegade.

I remember the fights in 95 and Red alert being brutal on my poor youthful brain. (of course my best friends lorded it over me that they beat it... then we got starcraft)

Hmm... I forgot about the copy of C&C Gold that I got for pre-ordering C&C3. I never really had the chance to play C&C online much. None of my friends were really into RTS games until starcraft hit and even then I didn't get unlimited internet access until some time after 2000. I remember having my internet privileges removed for two months after I used eight of my ten free hours (for the month) in the first 4 days while trying to download the Age of Empires II demo.

The only C&C game that I spent any amount of time online with was Renegade. A couple years ago I was finally given the password to the router so that I could set it up myself to allow me to play games online. I spent that entire summer playing Renegade.

Edited by Deraldin

So...is Udo Kier in?

Kari Wuhrer?

Anyone?

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Grace Park as Lt. Sandra Telfair, I think the bad guys have scorpions for logos, so she must be with the heroes - in Red Alert or C&C, is there any difference. The games themselves were never the apex of RTS. Just peek at the homeworld or warhammer 4k series to see how it's done.

ilmgracepark.jpg

Edited by Gorgon

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Doom was the first game that made me feel like a rock star, my tastes have moved on a bit since then but my friends were all nuts about it. I used to obsess about how to get out of a particular room on the hard difficulty when I was sitting at class.

And C&C didn't really stay at the apex all that long...it kind of stubbornly refused to evolve in any way, that was the whole appeal to it's fans. It was fun for a while but I hope RA3 moves on a bit from C&C3, doubt it'll happen though.