Hey Look

These rumors grow old. Why isn't this discussion on the KOTOR 3 part 24 or whatever? Bioware deserves Kotor 3 though. Kotor 2 is a copy of 1 pretty much with a whole bunch of gay changes and a bit different story. Not that Obsidian isn't good or kotor 2 good. But doesnt lucas arts only do one game at a time? We'll have to wait at least for Force Unleashed I'd bet. We need hard evidence...

Twitter | @Insevin

What the freck!? Sincwe when was this cesspool of Boba Fat worshipping the place where news about new games belong? I blow my nose in the general direction of whomever is responsible for this atrocity.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Bad news guys: This is what the rumor used as source material: http://media.corporate-ir.net/media_files/...Riccitiello.pdf

Look at page 16 to see the table. As you can see, this does not necessarily indicate games in production... which does not mean the rumor is automatically false, but it does put a damper on one's enthusiasm.

W..wasn't that what I was saying?!

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Bad news guys: This is what the rumor used as source material: http://media.corporate-ir.net/media_files/...Riccitiello.pdf

Look at page 16 to see the table. As you can see, this does not necessarily indicate games in production... which does not mean the rumor is automatically false, but it does put a damper on one's enthusiasm.

W..wasn't that what I was saying?!

Yes, but you were saying it without the source material.

Then why choosing Bioware? This probably the reason that i think that this is a typo of some sort.

I'll do a "Tale" and go HAHA.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Guest The Architect

Yeah, I couldn't figure out why anyone would think this is any sort of conformation or strong implication that KotOR III will be made. BioWare won't do it. They abandoned that ship a long time ago.

If anyone is to do K3, it will be OE.

I have it on good authority that Lucasarts has contracted KOTOR III out to Square Enix's Kingdom Hearts team.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Yeah, I couldn't figure out why anyone would think this is any sort of conformation or strong implication that KotOR III will be made. BioWare won't do it. They abandoned that ship a long time ago.

If anyone is to do K3, it will be OE.

The question is, if the cooperation between Bioware and LucasArts isn't KOTOR, what is it about?

They are definately working on something and I guess they'd rather do something with KOTOR than starting something new. It has to be something that comes from LucasArts, because else Bioware wouldn't need them.

IGN didn't write anything new really, it's the same everone has written, that KOTOR is on the list next to Bioware.

I'm so happy that Bioware isn't making KOTOR 3!!! :) I almost cried when I heard the "news"...

I want to say that they'd probably make it as standard as KOTOR 1 was with its standard plot, villains, and good guys. And who needs a standard game after KOTOR 2...

Obsidian, please! :)

Bioware's KOTOR 1 was not bad, of course, but as they say "The best is the enemy of the good". Now I'll be disappointed in KOTOR series to see just a good game, and not best...

I'll hope to the end that Obsidian will make another KOTOR.

Edited by Petra

Maybe they (LA/Bioware) are/were working on something related to the up and coming Indiana Jones movie?

It would sort of fit into Biowares usual mould, clear cut good vs. evil, romances, adventure, save the world type of thing. And that wasn't meant in a bad way :)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

If bioware, for some reason, were to make KOTOR 3 and it were as good or at least close to as good as it can be, and then finish the ME trilogy (and they don't lose to much luster or are at least 80% as good as the first one); would they be one of the best developers ever? Or at least the best RPG developer ever? Just going by titles, their impact, replayability, and sales figures? Obviously, this is all hypothetical, and is, therefore, probably the dumbest question ever, but I have to post something to get my numbers up and it can't be complete spam. I guess it could be rephrased as "who are your top 3 or 5 favorite developers/RPG developers?" "What would be your list if the above were true?"

The greater the ignorance, the greater the dogmatism.-William Osler, 1902

That is very much a taste thing. My top 5 (currently) crpg developers would be Beyond, BIS, Obsidian, SSI, Epyx (and probably Bioware somewhere around place 6 or 7, competing with Electronic Arts). Mind you, I haven't played The Witcher yet (needs hardware that can run it) and I haven't played any of the japanese stuff nor any console games.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein