Hey Look

I go by facts and not rumors. Facts come from the source itself. When those involved decide to make it official, than we'll get excited.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

When those involved decide to make it official, than we'll get excited.

My sentiments exactly :p

As Hurlshot said, looks more like an intellectual property list than a to-do list.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

pandemichz9.jpg

I thought it was a credible rumor until I saw Pop's image. This is just a list of title's that the studios have worked on, not what they're going to release or are currently working on.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

pandemichz9.jpg

I thought it was a credible rumor until I saw Pop's image. This is just a list of title's that the studios have worked on, not what they're going to release or are currently working on.

Not really: Bioware's entries don't include stuff like Jade Empire - only things they are working on plus KOTOR, which they also may be working on. :)

pandemichz9.jpg

Not really: Bioware's entries don't include stuff like Jade Empire - only things they are working on plus KOTOR, which they also may be working on. :)

Criterion's includes Black. A game from 2006 that Criterion has said they're not making another of. Bioware's entries don't include stuff like Sonic RPG. A game they are most definitely working on. It's a non-comprehensive list of properties that the studios have been involved with or are working on.

Though some of the games on there are definitely unreleased games and I'm not saying it's not possible.

Edited by Tale

Criterion's includes Black. A game from 2006 that Criterion has said they're not making another of. Bioware's entries don't include stuff like Sonic RPG. A game they are most definitely working on. It's a non-comprehensive list of properties that the studios have been involved with or are working on.

Though some of the games on there are definitely unreleased games and I'm not saying it's not possible.

Not that I believe that they'll do another one, but companies often say things like that. Remember Bioware saying that they wouldn't work on someone else's IP again? :)

The list is indeed quite weird. One could say that KOTOR is only on it because it's so famous, but then again, why is Dragon Age, a game no one really knows anything about, on the list, when they could have used critically acclaimed and otherwise successful titles like Baldur's Gate, Neverwinter Nights or Jade Empire instead?

Remember Bioware saying that they wouldn't work on someone else's IP again? :)

That isn't some statement that was made a year ago or so and given time for them to change their minds. Criterion has said that this month.

Don't try to overanalyze the list and what's included and what's not. Simply some things are included that are being worked on, some things are included that aren't being worked on. And some things are not included that fit into both those categories as well. What is and was not included is probably not of importance or the result of long thoughtful analysis and consideration.

Edited by Tale

I <3 Tale

Maybe this is just baseless rumour

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Okay, if we take this rumor for granted, then we will have the following options:

- Avellone is in Obsidian, so no dice for him.

- David Gaider did the story and characters in KotOR and is currently occupied with Dragon Age, so no dice for him either.

- Someone else have to do it, boo! (maybe)

Also, i say it again: What happened to the promise of never making another external IP? Maybe EA thought otherwise.

A part of this still leaves me wondering. When designing KotOR 1, it was clearly that Bioware had the upper deal of the contract, and they didn't want to make a sequel. Still, the game sold 2 million copies. When designing KotOR 2, it was apparent that Lucasarts had the upper deal this time, due to the length of the project. Still, it managed to sell 1.5 million copies, and Obsidian said several times that they would like to do a sequel to wrap up the trilogy. This leaves Lucasarts with a potential multi-million seller, and a company more than eager to do a sequel on better terms from Lucasarts POW.

Then why choosing Bioware? This probably the reason that i think that this is a typo of some sort.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

DG didn't do the story for KOTOR nor was he lead writer

He however is responsible for the best characters a la Jolee Bindo and HK-47

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

My bad.

But his writing for two of the best (except for Canderous) characters in KotOR was still vital for the overall package.

Edited by Meshugger

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Of course that isn't only writing he did for the title - he definetly has designed some missions etc. but lead writer was that Drew...Karpyshyn(???) guy

My bad.

But his writing for two of the best (except for Canderous) characters in KotOR was still vital for the overall package.

He might be able to make time.

Okay, if we take this rumor for granted, then we will have the following options:

- Avellone is in Obsidian, so no dice for him.

- David Gaider did the story and characters in KotOR and is currently occupied with Dragon Age, so no dice for him either.

- Someone else have to do it, boo! (maybe)

I'm quite sure that Bioware's teams are more fluid than you make them out to be, and it would be a strange decision for Bioware to at least not use his abilities on parts of a possible KOTOR game.

sporegif20080614235048aq1.gif