• KOTOR 1 better light side.
    • KOTOR 2 better light side.
    • KOTOR 1 better dark side.
    • KOTOR 2 better dark side.
    • KOTOR 1 better characters.
    • KOTOR 2 better characters.
    • KOTOR 1 other.
    • KOTOR 2 other.
  3. 3. Do you want to see Knights of the Old Republic III?

• Yes, in RPG
    • Yes, in MMO
    • Yes, but not RPG or MMO.
    • Haven't played one of the predessors.
    • Don't care to see KOTOR 3.
    • What's an RPG or MMO?

Definitely K1. K2 probably would have been better if it had been finished, but it wasn't, so there you go.

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

I originally played Knights 2 without the knowledge of any type of cut content. Evaluating both Knights 1 and Knights 2 based upon my initial experiences, from playing the games straight out of the box, is being fair. Imagine walking into an electronic or retail store and buying a product, with your hard earned money, and then learning that it doesn't work. Obsidian now has a track record of making products that are broken or incomplete. Another example of what I'm saying is evidence from installing Neverwinter 2's Mask of the Betrayer. Upon the installation of the expansion, I had to patch the game to make the whole thing work. What ever happend to things working upon purchase? I shouldn't have to do anything else. I cannot evaluate Knights 2's story, for it is a broken product that needs fixing. Looking beyond the bugs and glitches of Knights 2 is tough. Seeing as the storyline is filled with gaps, I cannot give Knights 2 a fair evaluation.

Knights 1's story is the most comprehensible. Star Wars over the years has become stale, and Knights 1 has given the franchise a needed boost. My initial reason for liking Star Wars has changed. I didn't like the prequels, but many others did. Knights 1 seemed to remind me about the 1980s movies, and everything that I have loved about the original trilogy. Sure, there are many clich

Edited by Marcus

K1, because it was finished.

K2 would have left it in the dust, had it been finished.

Also, Malak is the worst designed villain in Bioware's games ever. He even has a "Muahahahah" moment.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Personally in my opinion KOTOR 2 was better than KOTOR 1.

Kotor 2 had more character development, the gameplay was more entertaining to me thank KOTOR 1. It was deeper and it made you think. It really needs to be finished, i've been so pissed all these years that they had to rush it, cause Lucas Arts really did damage KOTOR II's title by cutting the deadline.

The thing about number 1 was that it had the problem that in my personal opinion is the overall problem that star wars is becoming. Cliche, Absolute Light and Absolute Dark. But it has the most 'balance' alignment character ever, Revan. So I wasn't particuraly fond of its endings(Though the Dark Side one, with that shiny mandalorian armor on was really really cool looking ;) ).

In my opinion Revan succeeded where Vader and Jacen solo failed

KOTOR II was left very open ended and they really need to take all the feedback and things that were done wrong in both games and give the KOTOR franchise the fully glory it deserves, this should be done with KOTOR III RPG. I'm opposed to an MMO about it, because I'm afraid that it won't turn out right or that it will get less involved less personal and won't be like KOTOR and the influence system, in the sense that every lil thing you did 'echoed throughout the universe' and caused all these things to happen and change(Which is why KOTOR II is my favorite game ever)

I don't understand though, why a KOTOR III hasn't been announced or done yet. I don't think it would have a problem getting people to buy it, it has a large enough fan base. From what I've read Lucas arts has said they want to make a third title in the series as well. So if anyone has any insight into that that'd be appreciated.

Also i'm opposed to an MMO as a third game in the series, not an MMO that takes place in this time period of the Star wars universe. It'd be kinda neat to have a MMO in the events before KOTOR 1 with the mandalorian wars and such.

• 2 weeks later...

Id Say KOTOR is better because of the storyline but i have to hand the characters to SithLords only thing i dont like a bout the sitelor is the storyline i dont like how they cut it wen ur heading out to find revan. I am aware that they had to cut it short and cut many parts in the game like the droid planet and Bounty Hunter class.Other than the story and if the cuts were in the game i would give Sithlord the best KOTOR game. :sorcerer:

"Sometimes truth isn't good enough. Sometimes people deserve more. Sometimes people deserve to have their faith rewarded."

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I say K2 was better because it had far better written characters. Kreia, the perhaps best written character in the history of games, hello?

I also like the finer shades of gray to the story and the way of playing, you don't do things completely black and white but you take other, long term considerations into account. In K1, it was just stupidly naive, "give money -> get lightside points". In K2, you do the same and suddely you have Kreia explaining to you how stupid you are. I guess it annoyed a lot of people who were used to the simple Star Wars mindset by now, but I liked it. So one of the reasons I voted was that K2 had better Lightside.

I just wish the combat system wasn't so broke. And I can't wait till TSLRP patches the story properly. (I need to see GO-TO die. Repeatedly.)