• KOTOR 1 better light side.
    • KOTOR 2 better light side.
    • KOTOR 1 better dark side.
    • KOTOR 2 better dark side.
    • KOTOR 1 better characters.
    • KOTOR 2 better characters.
    • KOTOR 1 other.
    • KOTOR 2 other.
  3. 3. Do you want to see Knights of the Old Republic III?

• Yes, in RPG
    • Yes, in MMO
    • Yes, but not RPG or MMO.
    • Haven't played one of the predessors.
    • Don't care to see KOTOR 3.
    • What's an RPG or MMO?

Still, you need at least semi-good graphics for the game to be good.

Maybe, but I doubt it. Some of the best games I've ever played were, and still are, semi-2D.

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

And here I was, thinking that a game's quality depended mostly on the gameplay. Crazy!

Shallowness FTW!

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Are you kidding me. Graphics are just as important as the plots. Without good graphics you might as well go read a book.

Gentlemen, I found a sig. Congratulations, Allanon!

20795.jpg

Aw crap, I can't play Minesweeper anymore. Darth Allanon has decreed it a baaad game!

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

No. Just plain no, you don't need good graphics. I played games with terrible graphics back way back, and I loved it. The graphics of Tetris was woefully outdated when the game came out. Did that stop from being great or even popular? No. It was a good game - a classic - and that is all there is to it. It's even true today. Heck, some of us still play Fallout 1 and 2. Or take another example, I don't play Star Trek Armada II because I don't like the plot, but I loved it in the original and would still play that today if it worked on my system, and that game far less features and not nearly as good graphics. Quite simply, if the game is good then the graphics are a total non-issue. The only reason that graphics seem important today is that the developers are so out of ideas that pushing the technical limitations is about the only frontier they got left, and naturally graphics is the frontrunner there.

Besides, the graphics in TSL are EXACTLY the same as in KOTOR - that they used the EXACT same graphics engine was what allowed them to do the game in about a year. Had it not been the same graphics, the game would not have been released as soon after KotOR as it was.'

And storyline was the one thing where TSL beat the original hands down. TSL is original. I'll grant that it's told badly in places, and one of those is regrettably in the endgame. It's why I consider K1 the better GAME, but it doesn't change the fact that TSL was far, far more original and had much, much deeper characters. You've got about one of the best characters in any computer game plot ever in Kreia, both from the plot around her and the voice-acting. K1, by comparison, had a carbon-copied plot stolen from the original movie trilogy with Bioware's by-now mandatory "I have amnesia and must find and confront my dark, evil past"-plot thrown in for good measure, complete with about the cheesiest villain imaginable.

hey Malak wasn't that bad. He was fun to beat up on before you would get the cut-scene that he was too strong. It annoyed the hell out of me when I got to that part. But the same thing happens in number 2 when your fighting Nhilus

62nzp7r.jpg

""Savior, conqueror, hero, villain. You are all things, Revan

I have. Totally broke immersion... the dying part though, that was good. :(

I'd go with 2d3, 3d6, 1/2d7, 1d10, 14d12, 8d20, 13 quarters, and a groundhog.

I'm not sure if you'll need all that, but if you figured out a system from it, it would be the greatest in the world.

I like Malak. :grin: But I agree, he's Teh CHEESE, compaired to K2's Sith: Nihilus, Sion,

Atris, and (arguably) Kreia.

It's fair enough to like him BECAUSE he's cheesy. I still think a better villain would have been more fun, and thus Malak hurt the game IMHO. It's still good, he didn't ruin it, but he hurt it, I think. Few things are worse than the disgustingly clich

Although Malak's powerfull power attacks wielding one saber made him top stuff...... He had to fall to the Dark Side become a leader and not a follower... he was just Revan's biatch before... But he displayed cowardice,ignorance,comedy,satisfaction, and a laugh to go with it.... What more can be asked by one character?

62nzp7r.jpg

Although Malak's powerfull power attacks wielding one saber made him top stuff...... He had to fall to the Dark Side become a leader and not a follower... he was just Revan's biatch before... But he displayed cowardice,ignorance,comedy,satisfaction, and a laugh to go with it.... What more can be asked by one character?

A black hat with a matching moustache for Malak to twirl :)

I think a finished TSL would be better than KotOR. But as is, I say "neither." K1 has a better light side and better story, because it's finished. K2 has a better dark side path and better characters top to bottom. The restoration project is something I want to see and will play. But that won't change my rating here, because it's not fair to rate games on mods unless modding is at the heart of the game, IMHO.

I like Malak. :down: But I agree, he's Teh CHEESE, compaired to K2's Sith: Nihilus, Sion,

I agree. Nihilus FTW (he's probably me second-favorite Sith Lord) :fdevil:

Edited by I want teh kotor 3
In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

For sure K2. K1 comes very close, but due to cutted content in the second game... with it would be the best game since BG...

K3 as an RPG should be damn logic given it's predecessors... As said, with the inmersion and degree of depth of the story (eventhough both games are ep. IV and V made game) would not fit within a MMO.

If they lie to me once, they're to blame. If they lie to me twice, it is me to blame. If they lie to me a third time, I'm stupid enough to be lied a fourth time.

I like Malak. :shrugz: But I agree, he's Teh CHEESE, compaired to K2's Sith: Nihilus, Sion,

I agree. Nihilus FTW (he's probably me second-favorite Sith Lord) :)

You want Sir Ian McKellen for Jolee? If that happens, I want then demand that Patrick Stewart play Malak.

We'd have a lil' of a problem, since dead people can't act... And if it could act he'd be amazing as a force ghost :p

Why he's a power hungry idiot. Im more into the terms of lightsaber geniuses and bad-asses.

62nzp7r.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

Well, if TSL had been fully completed, I would have no doubt that it would be better, it would probably be more like the ESB of the KOTOR series.

But as it is now, KOTOR1 is the definitely the better of the two, due to it actually being complete and, at the very least, more coherent.

Well, if TSL had been fully completed, I would have no doubt that it would be better, it would probably be more like the ESB of the KOTOR series.

But as it is now, KOTOR1 is the definitely the better of the two, due to it actually being complete and, at the very least, more coherent.

TSL is the ESB of KotOR even now, but I'd agree that is precisely the one reason why I'd pick K1 as the better game. I cannot in good conscience count an unfinished game as the better one. But that's the only reason K1 wins as the best game for me - TSL had far, far better plot and characters. It's just such a crying shame there should be laws against it...

TSL is the ESB of KotOR even now, but I'd agree that is precisely the one reason why I'd pick K1 as the better game. I cannot in good conscience count an unfinished game as the better one. But that's the only reason K1 wins as the best game for me - TSL had far, far better plot and characters. It's just such a crying shame there should be laws against it...

Agreed. TSL's characters were interesting, though VERY undeveloped. I wouldve preferred to see some sidequests featuring them and their various history's, much like what Bioware did with KOTOR1.

As for your last sentence, that pretty much sums up my feelings aswell. I don't really play the game or like looking at it due to the fact that everytime I do, all I think of is the waste of the potential it had.

Edited by jodo kast 5