• KOTOR 1 better light side.
    • KOTOR 2 better light side.
    • KOTOR 1 better dark side.
    • KOTOR 2 better dark side.
    • KOTOR 1 better characters.
    • KOTOR 2 better characters.
    • KOTOR 1 other.
    • KOTOR 2 other.
  3. 3. Do you want to see Knights of the Old Republic III?

• Yes, in RPG
    • Yes, in MMO
    • Yes, but not RPG or MMO.
    • Haven't played one of the predessors.
    • Don't care to see KOTOR 3.
    • What's an RPG or MMO?

Sadly, a lot of game plots cling desperately to the premise that you don't include something in the plot unless you're really going to use it at some point, and KotOR1 is no exception.

Yes, Chekhov's gun. I only saw that twist just before it happened, when everyone on the Leviathan started to go "OMG, don't you know!?" I think I didn't see it coming earlier, because I was unwilling to let go of my early theory that Revan would be some "secret boss" character that would show up after I beat Malak.

SODOFF Steam group.

I had shut my eyes and ears for the twist since the very beginning. Plots in Star Wars games or in EU general ain't exactly Shakespeare or Milton so to speak and in general plot twists are...uhh, what plot twists? So I approached the game I'd approach another Star Wars game. I also sorta assumed this would be like ANH - which didn't have a plot twist - but next Kotor would as it would be equilavent to ESB.

I played the game with two of my friends and one of them had been playing jrpg's such as Final Fantasies with their ridiculously many and stupid twists

He saw first cutscene with Revan and that was all he needed.

Same happened when I played Jade Empire. I early figured out there was something off with my master. But then I thought it was way too obvious plot twist and forgot about it

Stupid twists :rolleyes:

Edited by Xard

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

It isn't tied anymore!!

KOTOR 2 for the win.

Though I rather liked the dark side ending of KOTOR 1 better. It was nice being the leader behind a never ending armanda, ready to crush every meatbag that crosses your path. :devil:

And by the light of the moon

He prays for their beauty not doom

Wow! Its tied!

And seriously, did somebody really check "Whats an RPG or MMO?" Really?

The REAL question is: Who the hell voted for 'Don't care to see KOTOR 3'? 2 people did, so 'fess up. Losers. :) I'm joking about the "losers" part, but still curious...

legoK2.jpg

Check out my KOTOR fan vids on YouTube. And no, they're not of legos.

I did.

But I'm a winner!

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I did.

But I'm a winner!

One of the many reasons that I'm letting you carry my child.

Also, I voted "What's an RPG?"

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Just now, I figured out why babydol linked to the Life of Brian stoning in my profile.

Also, JEHOVA!

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Just now, I figured out why babydol linked to the Life of Brian stoning in my profile.

Also, JEHOVA!

so you thought that I was just throwing some random crap on your comments. That's awesome. I wonder if Jediphile has noticed I added it to his, too. He seemed to be the only one that got my joke.

legoK2.jpg

Check out my KOTOR fan vids on YouTube. And no, they're not of legos.

Also, JEHOVA!

so you thought that I was just throwing some random crap on your comments. That's awesome. I wonder if Jediphile has noticed I added it to his, too. He seemed to be the only one that got my joke.

Of course I noticed. But don't get me started on the Pythons.

Seriously! Once I begin, there is no way of stopping it! It's like an overdose luring me to the dark side... must... resist...

Also, JEHOVA!

BLASPHEMY!!

*throws rocks*

"Stop it! Who threw that? Nobody throw anything at anybody until I blow this whistle... even if they do say Jehova"

:lol:

With all it's flaws I think TSL is a better game. Why, you ask? I felt more connected to the PC, I empathized with her more than I did with the PC from K1.

That and the TSL has Bao-Dur!!! :ermm:

"They might not call you a Jedi anymore, but believe me, you are. It's not the sort of thing that you just stop being. You're stuck with it, just like you're stuck being the General." ~Bao-Dur, Knights of the Old Republic: The Sith Lords

• 3 weeks later...

I only played KOTOR once at a friend's house and it was not for very long. I can't really say if it is better or not. I do however own and have played KOTOR II.

(Some people here say KOTOR II has more bugs and tech issues than the first? I heard the opposite)

I only played KOTOR once at a friend's house and it was not for very long. I can't really say if it is better or not. I do however own and have played KOTOR II.

(Some people here say KOTOR II has more bugs and tech issues than the first? I heard the opposite)

KOTOR 2 had more bugs. But they were patched up pretty good. For me most of them were just minor, like certain dialouge options repeating themselves or holograms staying after they should've turned off.

In KOTOR 1, I had one crash, that was it.

So all in all the KOTOR series, even though they were made by different companies, have been amongst the more stable games I've played.

Fortune favors the bald.

KOTOR and stable in the same sentance?? lol

Since I got the first one I've learned to save, due to the frequent crashes

(when I save I think it crashes less)

They are buggy games, since except the crashing in KOTOR 2 you could miss some dialogue choices

if you do not select them the first time (with Visas)

And by the light of the moon

He prays for their beauty not doom

KOTOR and stable in the same sentance?? lol

I'm not denying I was lucky.. But KOTOR 2 has never once crashed on my computer and I never experienced any major bugs.

Fortune favors the bald.