• KOTOR 1 better light side.
    • KOTOR 2 better light side.
    • KOTOR 1 better dark side.
    • KOTOR 2 better dark side.
    • KOTOR 1 better characters.
    • KOTOR 2 better characters.
    • KOTOR 1 other.
    • KOTOR 2 other.
  3. 3. Do you want to see Knights of the Old Republic III?

• Yes, in RPG
    • Yes, in MMO
    • Yes, but not RPG or MMO.
    • Haven't played one of the predessors.
    • Don't care to see KOTOR 3.
    • What's an RPG or MMO?

Somebody said how "echo" was over extended by being used in Neverwinter, besides being over used in KotOR 2. I sort of agree with that. Also the Exile isn't male. Exile is male or female, but female by canon.

exile canon

First time, I played the female that looks like the exile on the case.

Twitter | @Insevin

I'd say KOTOR2, first when I got it (ha... two years after release) I thought it sucked. A lot! But I played it anyway, mostly because I am a huge KOTOR fan, after playing a few times then played kotor one time.. I noticed the advantage that the Sith Lords has, the features (add party members here and there, cooler planets, more realistic characters).

The only things that annoys me is the end, for the first time I was like: "what the f**k?!".. But then I read about the cut content, months later I understood that how it should have ended.

TSLRCM, the mod that Wookieepedia doesn't want you to know about:

http://www.deadlystream.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4

• 2 weeks later...

kinda like compairing apples and oranges to me :* . I want to say that KOTOR 1 is my favorite - because it's an actual finished product (and the big Revan shocker was pretty sweet the first time), but then again, TSL has a LOT more replay for me. There's just WAY more to do in that game. So can I like KOTOR 1 more, but feel the need to play KOTOR 2 more? I'd say it's my favorite too ,until you head to Malachor V - then it's all crap from there. :lol: Naw, if these guys http://team-gizka.org/ EVER finish, I'd probably lean more towards TSL - and you retards should, too. After all this is NOT the Bioware forums. :*

legoK2.jpg

Check out my KOTOR fan vids on YouTube. And no, they're not of legos.

I think some people are going to be disappointed regarding TG's work. Not because of the quality of the work itself (which I am not going to comment on until I get to try it) but because the insane amount of hype the project has generated. Read the beta testers' impressions threads. It's not a huge rework of the game, it just makes it more faithful (hopefully) to what OE had originally intended. More consistent, seamless, less of the "WTF?" feeling.

For me it's K2 all the way, TSLRP or not.

I think some people are going to be disappointed regarding TG's work. Not because of the quality of the work itself (which I am not going to comment on until I get to try it) but because the insane amount of hype the project has generated. Read the beta testers' impressions threads. It's not a huge rework of the game, it just makes it more faithful (hopefully) to what OE had originally intended. More consistent, seamless, less of the "WTF?" feeling.

I'm less certain. After all, the "WTF" ending and the lackluster stroll through Malachor with no sight of the game's companion characters before it are major reasons for most the disappointment voiced at TSL. Most of the critics seem to agree (me too btw) that the game is excellent until the masters gather on Dantooine, marking the beginning of the endgame. Since that is the focus of what will be fixed, Team Gizka's work will be significant, I think. No, the game won't change that much, but where it will change are on points that are very significant.

It won't change any of the "grim mood" or "open ending", however, since those were always intended.

Besides, it's not really that Team Gizka is totally revising the game in the sense of basically creating a new one that is noteworthy in this case. The point here is that TSL has become THE example of a broken game, which will be finished by the fans, because the publisher forced an early release on the developer and then would not allow them to finish their work through a patch.

LA has been notably quiet on the whole matter since the initial KotOR3 project was dropped, which could be taken to indicate embarrasment over the matter. Articles in the gaming industry have also continued to be very critical of the matter, which has probably added to the silence. We also don't know if strained feelings between OE and LA are a reason why KotOR3 is not being developed already. OE has stated that they want to do it, but I get the impression the matter of TSL is still a touchy subject, since both companies have been so quiet about it.

I don't understand LA's position, though. Expecting that the matter will quietly die if they just stay silent is terrible spin. Yes, they can try to limit the criticism by nixing OE's proposed content patch, but since LA has no control over Team Gizka, their work serves as a constant reminder to keep the criticism of TSL alive. I wouldn't be surprised if it's costs LA customers. I may want KotOR3, but because of the rushed state of TSL, I will never again buy a LA game before seing the critical response. LA's continued silence only serves to reinforce the wisdom of that position, since they do nothing to improve the image many customers probably have of them now. It would have been much better to acknowledge the criticism and allow OE to do the content patch, since it would have show that LA cares about happy customers as well as their money. Instead Team Gizka will now finish the Restoration Project, and I don't understand why LA can't see that it will be another blow to their credibility. Because TSLRP will be the horror example for all games with cut content in the future. From now on, whenever a game has content cut for the sake of deadlines - especially for a game published by LA - the game writers will be asking the publisher: "Is this another game the fans will have to finish for you?" It's beyond me why LA is willing to let themselves be put in that situation, because as far as I can tell, it's poison to LA's reputation in the gaming business. I mean, it'll be entirely too easy for any other publisher to answer that question with: "No. Things may have been cut, but this is not KotOR2, and we are not LA."

Most of the critics seem to agree (me too btw) that the game is excellent until the masters gather on Dantooine, marking the beginning of the endgame. Since that is the focus of what will be fixed, Team Gizka's work will be significant, I think. No, the game won't change that much, but where it will change are on points that are very significant.
And that apparently small amount of changes (despite their significance from a narrative standpoint) is what I was referring to when I said some people will be disappointed, perhaps expecting major reworks and/or large content additions where (save for the HK factory) that's not really the focus of the project.

LA has been notably quiet on the whole matter since the initial KotOR3 project was dropped, which could be taken to indicate embarrasment over the matter. Articles in the gaming industry have also continued to be very critical of the matter, which has probably added to the silence.
Perhaps this guy would have something to say about it.

I don't understand LA's position, though. Expecting that the matter will quietly die if they just stay silent is terrible spin. Yes, they can try to limit the criticism by nixing OE's proposed content patch, but since LA has no control over Team Gizka, their work serves as a constant reminder to keep the criticism of TSL alive. I wouldn't be surprised if it's costs LA customers. I may want KotOR3, but because of the rushed state of TSL, I will never again buy a LA game before seing the critical response. LA's continued silence only serves to reinforce the wisdom of that position, since they do nothing to improve the image many customers probably have of them now. It would have been much better to acknowledge the criticism and allow OE to do the content patch, since it would have show that LA cares about happy customers as well as their money. Instead Team Gizka will now finish the Restoration Project, and I don't understand why LA can't see that it will be another blow to their credibility. Because TSLRP will be the horror example for all games with cut content in the future. From now on, whenever a game has content cut for the sake of deadlines - especially for a game published by LA - the game writers will be asking the publisher: "Is this another game the fans will have to finish for you?" It's beyond me why LA is willing to let themselves be put in that situation, because as far as I can tell, it's poison to LA's reputation in the gaming business. I mean, it'll be entirely too easy for any other publisher to answer that question with: "No. Things may have been cut, but this is not KotOR2, and we are not LA."
They have it easy. They sell SW games. Not much more to be said...

Guest Accept

Yes, in RPG - 44

Yes, in MMO - 0

There's just this feeling I have that the people seems to prefer KotOR III to be a RPG.

Yes, in RPG - 44

Yes, in MMO - 0

There's just this feeling I have that the people seems to prefer KotOR III to be a RPG.

Considering that both games were firm CRPGs with strong focus on character depth and plot (especially TSL, which people on this board is more likely to be in favour of), I don't find that surprising.

Then again, a character/plot-driven CRPG obviously makes for a better game than a sandbox MMORPG... :)

Well, considering that the majority of the prominent forum members put both BG2, Fallout 2, and Bloodlines in their top ten games of all time - I do not find that very surprising.

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

• 2 weeks later...

KOTOR1 was finished...

And yet it had...

Worse story

Bland locations

Average pacing

God awful twist

Pathetic End Boss

Aggravatingly annoying and poorly written companions

Bad combat

Worse game overall with fewer bugs.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

KOTOR1 was finished...

And yet it had...

Worse story

Bland locations

Average pacing

God awful twist

Pathetic End Boss

Aggravatingly annoying and poorly written companions

Bad combat

Worse game overall with fewer bugs.

I agree the story was worse in the sense of being highly derivative of the original trilogy's plot, that it had a godawful twist (how many games do we have to play as an amnesiac who needs to find out, who he is?), and that it had a pathetic end boss... Well, it was Malak, otherwise known as Mr. Cheesy. Just listen to him laugh once to get a good idea of how he lost his jaw...

I don't see that the locations or combat were any worse than TSL, though. Certainly any part of K1 is better than Malachor V in TSL, sadly.

Overall I think I like the K1 companions as much as the TSL companions. I like their interaction in TSL better, though the rushed state of the game makes K1 look a lot more polished by comparison.

I definitely think the pacing is better in K1, though. Being a more finished product that incluces dramatic pacing, and TSL is told terribly in places, some of which are key to the plot. As much as I like TSL, I too went "WTF?!?" on first finishing it - it's not that plot doesn't hang together. At all. Indeed, it makes perfect sense, but you need to play through the last third of the game a few times to pick up on it all. That's bad dramatic pacing. TSL suffered a great deal in that regard from the rushed deadline.

KOTOR1 Was finished...

Predictable story

Predictable locations

Inconsistent pacing

Predictable twists

An awful End Boss

More annoying companions

Worse game overall with less bugs. :(

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

I was expecting TEH PLOT TWIST in KotOR

since the arrival on Dantooine. Revan is the only character present in both visions.

Seriously, the only way not to see it coming is not to think about the story at all.

Edited by H
20795.jpg

Actually, they made the twist so obvious, that I thought it was a trick.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Don't get me wrong, people who are surprised by even the most predictable plot twists are not necessarily dumb. No matter how smart you are, if you relax, turn your brain off while you're playing a game and don't even try to give the plot some thought, you'll be easily surprised by pretty much anything.

20795.jpg

So, I finished Kotor 1 today and I must say I enjoyed Kotor 2 more.

Kotor 1 was too average in every way. At least The Sith Lords tried to do something differently. The story was truly orginal, Kreia is one the most intriguing characters ever made and Influence system is way superior to "u gained a lvl. Now I tell u stuff".

Edited by kirottu

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

I'm wasn't used to RPGs when I first played KOTOR1 and I didn't see the Revan thing coming. I thought it was terrible until they're like: guess what? You're revan! HaHaHa!! Malak was a terrible boss though. All you have to do is bash all the stasis jedi.

Twitter | @Insevin

Guest The Architect

You didn't have to be experienced with RPG's to see the Revan plot twist coming. Apart from Deus Ex and a bit of Deus Ex 2, KotOR was the 3rd RPG I ever played and I figured out the plot twist well before the revelation, although I can understand why having familiarity with RPG plots would help figure the twist out since it's probably a fairly commonly used plot device.