Interesting, prelude to Canon gender before the announcement...

They are all women in the manual, unless different manuals are printed, then every in game picture is of a female. Unlike children, I have good recognition and observations.

To prove such, I will list the pages, their numbers and what the picture is of so others can verify.

Page 7: Shows female character, an Asian portrait, fighting mining droids on Peragus, and yes it is a Female, facial structure and basic observation makes it clear as day.

Page 9: Shows female, blond with short hair portrait on the equipment screen (I will call her Exile 1)

Page 10: Exile 1 portrait shown on the item screen

Page 11: Exile 1 portrait and full body front, verifiying that Exile 1 is in fact a Female character

Page 12: Exile 1 portrait on the Learned Force powers page and on the Character Select page

Page 13: Shows female portrait, Blond, with hair up in the journal screen

Page 14: Shows female portrait, Blond with hair up in the map screen

Page 16: Exile 1 portrait in the Skills screen

Page 18: Exile 1 portrait in the Feats screen

Page 20: Exile 1 full body and protrait on Peragus fighting a mining droid

Page 24: Exile 1 close up to verifty further that it is in fact a Female

Page 29: Exile 1, shown on the Ebon Hawk in front of the work bench, holding 2 swords, the portrait looks a little bright, but it can be clearly made out as Exile 1

Page 30: Exile 1 in front of a lab station

So to say it again, every in game picture in the game manual that shows the Exile, it is a female Exile.

This may have varied for non US versions, but I find it hard to believe that most legitimate US versions would be different.

So again, did anyone notice this prior to the official announcement?

Edited by Darth Hades
wookiedance.gif

I didn't notice it until this post.

And I double checked and that story holds up.

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

Yes I did, but I didn't think it meant anything then, appearance is discretionary, and it was kind of hard to believe even when they announced it that the Exile was a woman, I thought there must be some error or something. It's nice to finally have some ****, I'm tired of supermen, powerful women are much more fun. I'm also happy about the whole game being a tough women show; that's why playing Revan I loved Juhani, and I only enjoyed Bastila after she turned to the dark side.

Probably means nothing. The concept art version of the male exile is on page 1 and 32. Even if LA's (they were the ones who wrote the manual) intention was to make the Exile a female before the game was even released, it doesn't matter. The game was developed by Obsidian, and the Exile can be either a male or a female. It is simply a matter of ones preference. There is no canon, IMO.

• 3 weeks later...

It's amazing the controversy this raises with people, over the "official" gender of the character. Maybe people just need some sort of certainty in their lives. Anyway, surely there should be a cannon face and appearance for the exile now that we know for certain she is female. Likewise wouldn't it make sense to take the same direction with Revan?

Just a thought.

"I tried the most potent Noise Amplification spell once upon a time. Mavellous spell. I could hear the birds speaking to one another in trees over the horizon, I could hear the rustlings as the clouds rubbed against each other in the sky. I could hear the sound a rainbow makes as it arches it's back over the world. Then a dog barked behind me and I burst my left eardrum."

They are all women in the manual, unless different manuals are printed, then every in game picture is of a female. Unlike children, I have good recognition and observations.

To prove such, I will list the pages, their numbers and what the picture is of so others can verify.

Page 7: Shows female character, an Asian portrait, fighting mining droids on Peragus, and yes it is a Female, facial structure and basic observation makes it clear as day.

Page 9: Shows female, blond with short hair portrait on the equipment screen (I will call her Exile 1)

Page 10: Exile 1 portrait shown on the item screen

Page 11: Exile 1 portrait and full body front, verifiying that Exile 1 is in fact a Female character

Page 12: Exile 1 portrait on the Learned Force powers page and on the Character Select page

Page 13: Shows female portrait, Blond, with hair up in the journal screen

Page 14: Shows female portrait, Blond with hair up in the map screen

Page 16: Exile 1 portrait in the Skills screen

Page 18: Exile 1 portrait in the Feats screen

Page 20: Exile 1 full body and protrait on Peragus fighting a mining droid

Page 24: Exile 1 close up to verifty further that it is in fact a Female

Page 29: Exile 1, shown on the Ebon Hawk in front of the work bench, holding 2 swords, the portrait looks a little bright, but it can be clearly made out as Exile 1

Page 30: Exile 1 in front of a lab station

So to say it again, every in game picture in the game manual that shows the Exile, it is a female Exile.

This may have varied for non US versions, but I find it hard to believe that most legitimate US versions would be different.

So again, did anyone notice this prior to the official announcement?

Well, my manual has asian male for all the pictures until page 20 (the second portrait after "mullet man" is used). Page 24, the close up, uses the (almost) bald caucasian male, only pages 29 and 30 use the first blond woman. Plus, the concept design of darkside exile used in the manual is male as well (I don't think that there is a female version of that picture anyway).

If there are multiple versions of the manual, it's suffice to say that they didn't have a canon exile in mind.

If every single version of the manual only used female pictures and portraits, then you may have a point, though it would still be an enormous stretch to see a prelude for canon in it. The way it is know, there is simply no way to use anything from the manual as a sign for canon.

I might as well say that the canonical versions of all your teammates are long-range fighters, because there isn't a single picture showing them with a melee weapon. Not very likely, now is it.

Do you have X-Box or PC?

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

• 2 weeks later...