The Music Thread

Gorth

333xt4.jpg

http://www.mediafire.com/?jitmzsody1d

Allmusic has nothing to say on this one.

and

goldfrapp08022211470864yo6.jpg

http://www.mediafire.com/?ddxv0vm5tmf

After spending years on the dancefloor with Black Cherry and Supernature, Goldfrapp takes a breather with The Seventh Tree. Allison Goldfrapp and Will Gregory slow down the beats and break out the acoustic guitars on a set of songs that suggest chilling out in a field during a hazy, watercolor summer; this is music for after the party, not after-parties. "Clowns" opens the album with finger-picked acoustic guitar, birdsongs, and Allison's nearly wordless vocalizing, making a statement that's bold because it's so gentle -- the effect is like stepping out into a sunny morning after spending all night in a club. At first, it's a shock, and then it feels great. Avoiding the glammy dance-pop of the duo's previous two albums is a bit of a risk, since Goldfrapp could probably make endless variations on "Ooh La La" and still have plenty of fans. However, The Seventh Tree isn't so much a radical change for Goldfrapp as it is a shift in focus; even if it doesn't sound glam, it sounds glamorous. Sonic luxury has been the only constant in the duo's sound, from Felt Mountain's darkly lavish soundscapes to Black Cherry and Supernature's decadent dance hits, and there's plenty of it here, too. This is not Goldfrapp Unplugged, although acoustic guitars and strings waft in and out of the album effortlessly -- if anything, The Seventh Tree's electro hippie-chic is the duo's most polished and luxe work yet. "Little Bird"'s psychedelic trip-hop builds to a majesty that recalls "Strawberry Fields Forever," buoyed by layer upon layer of guitar, vocals, sparkling synths, and a massive, rolling bassline. "Caravan Girl" is some of Goldfrapp's finest escapist pop, capturing the irresistible appeal of running away with big hooks and an even bigger Wall of Sounds backing them up. Allison uses her voice more beautifully and expressively than she has since Felt Mountain, especially on "Eat Yourself" and the Air-esque "Cologne Cerrone Houdini," where her upper register shines. Goldfrapp expands their emotional palette as well as their musical one on The Seventh Tree, digging deeper into the vulnerable territory they explored with Supernature's "Number One." On "Monster Love" and "A&E," where Allison confesses "think I want you still, but it may be pills at work," the duo pulls off the confessional, folktronic singer/songwriter style with more flair than their peers. "Happiness," on the other hand, offers some surprisingly cheeky irony, pondering how to find "real love" (answer: "donate all your money") while coming across like a cheery cult anthem about trading your worldly possessions for colorful robes. With all the sounds and feelings The Seventh Tree explores, it's clear that Goldfrapp doesn't miss the style the pair perfected on their last two albums, nor should they -- this is some of their most varied, balanced, and satisfying work.
Edited by Pop

Nick Drake - River Man

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Brad Mehldau Trio - River Man

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

ivegotabikeyoucanrideitifyoulikeitgotbaskandbellanda-GAHH

Thanks for reminding :)

Nirvana - Lithium

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Pixies - Bone Machine

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

John Lennon - Working Class Hero

edit: where the **** did I pull Neil Young out :)

Edited by Xard

Ocean Colour Scene - The Riverboat Song

Pixies - Where is my mind

**** this song is acid

The White Stripes - Fell In Love With A Girl

David Gilmour - Murder

Pixies - Winterlong

Radiohead - Just (You Do It To Yourself)

edit: **** yeah, ten posts in da row. Epicness

I hope you bought 40th Anniversary Edition. That CD sounds "true" only as mono.

That said, Syd Barret was ****ing genius.

had piper long before the new edition, so it's not high on my priority to get, some day maybe ... the music industry sucks that way. don't get me started on special editions, limited editions remastered with extra tracks and so on or let's add a dvd for the heck of it, just so we can sell the same album over again.

and yes syd was way ahead of the game .................. in many respects

back on topic

elvis presley - 30 number 1s (entire cd)

Hmh. Astronomy Domine and Lucifer Sam kicks some major ass in mono when compared to stereo. Interstellar Overdrive is dark, brooding acid trip gone wrong. The

Edited by Xard

Pink Floyd - Lucifer Sam

Night prowling sifting sand

Padding around on the ground

He'll be found

When you're around

That cat's something I can't explain

RIP you crazy diamond :)

I used to be a huge Floyd fan, but I just haven't listened to them much in the last few years.

Back in my college years, I saw a pretty good Floyd tribute band play "The Wall" in its entirety, complete with the live stage show. I actually caught one of the blocks of the wall when they blew it up at the end. All in all, it was a pretty cool experience, especially when he kicked the TV set over. That's when I knew those guys meant business.

Wilco - I Thought I Held You

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

That is one of the best classic compositions ever

I used to be a huge Floyd fan, but I just haven't listened to them much in the last few years.

I've never wished I had born earlier than when I heard some high quality bootlegs from In The Flesh tour (77-78) for the first time. ****, Animals played live was one of the most amazing thing I had ever heard. Especially Pigs which was extended into 17 minutes long epoch. Waters was going mad and Gilmour's guitar was at its absolute best. Dogs, Sheep and Pigs were out of this world.

If Animals would've had albums production and ferocity and lenght of live tracks Animals would've been by far best album ever. It is one of the best even now but damn, did I love main riff of Dogs played on electric guitar (guess it was Fender). And the booming, gargantual beat of Pigs. And... well, I stop now :)

The White Stripes - Seven Nations Army

Edited by Xard

124615.jpg

+Transmetropolitan=awsum

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

One of the saddest ones...

Verdi - Dies Irae

This is how all teh epic movie muzik tries to be during the fight that decides fate of the world. Of course they fail horribly.

I prefer Chopin.

Not that they can be compared, him composing for piano and that bearded thing for full orchestra, but damned I got preferences!

Frederic Francois Chopin - The revolution etude

I've never really listened Chopin, guess I should. It's not like I'm fan of Verdi or anything nor that is best classical piece of ever, I merely ment all the "epic" music a la LotR soundtrack tend to go after Dies Irae and ilk but ain't as good :)

Radiohead - Fake Plastic Trees

Their most touching song with Exit Music and Pyramid Song...

Yeah, I'm not a Chopin fan as such, I just like the minimalistic touch he has.

Beta Satan - Sunken Empire

Cleaning Women - Hypercleaner

HY-per HY-per, HY-percleaner!

HY-per, HY-per, HY-percleaner!

HY-per, HY-per, HY-percleaner!

HY-per Hy-per, TURN IT ON!

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

King Missile - Detachable ****

I woke up this morning with a bad hangover

And my **** was missing again.

This happens all the time.

It's detachable.

****, this is epic

damn filters. word was pen0r

Edited by Xard