kotor - was revan meant to be dark or light

was revan meant to be dark or light  

29 members have voted

1. 1. was revan meant to be dark or light

• light
    • dark

That doesn't make any sense.

We're talking about fictional universe here

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Arrogant. Facts are thrown out the window. Usually life isn't canon, and things that are are subject to opinion otherwise.

We are not talking about life, we are talking about a science fiction universe where a certain character has been canonized as a Light side Male and for the sake of it, the other has been canonized as Light side Female.

Opinions don't mean a damn thing and in this instance, this canon is undisputable fact.

Silly children, can't even distinguish between science fiction and reality. When and if you finish high school, come back and talk, hopefully then you will have some common sense.

Edited by Darth Hades
wookiedance.gif

Opinions don't mean a damn thing and in this instance, this canon is undisputable fact.

Silly children, can't even distinguish between science fiction and reality. When and if you finish high school, come back and talk, hopefully then you will have some common sense.

Silly children, can't even realize that anything can and will be disputed.

I'll dispute it right now. Dispute. Fiction is easier to dispute than reality. Reality isn't subject to retcons.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Oh yeah? Prove it!

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

Arrogant. Facts are thrown out the window. Usually life isn't canon, and things that are are subject to opinion otherwise.

We are not talking about life, we are talking about a science fiction universe where a certain character has been canonized as a Light side Male and for the sake of it, the other has been canonized as Light side Female.

Opinions don't mean a damn thing and in this instance, this canon is indisputable fact.

You have the incapacity to imagine if Revan were not LS. o:) He is LS as stated canon and so you have made your point and may now leave- but as for others, they may like to think Revan should (or was meant) to be DS. Though contrary to Lucas Arts specific canon, yes. The fact that Revan is canon LS makes this (opinions too) irrilevant to those only interested in facts and with no imagination. Tell me, is the only SW media you own SW Fact Books? This is possibly still something of minor interest by some on an online forum based on the particular game(s)/stories. Oh, and I suppose you're an old geezer fending off children? Go eat your grape nuts and take your Lipitor, old kook... :lol:

...We should listen to that one guy though:

"Oh, c'mon. Go **** slap each other into private messages or something.

To quote my gothfag friend: 'I can't bear to see this travesty unfold'.

I mean, he is gay without trying, while you two have to write several paragraphs..." :(

Edited by walkerguy

Twitter | @Insevin

This has nothing to do with preference. Title of the topic is "was Revan ment to be dark or light" not "wut revan shud b?"

This has nothing to do with preference. Title of the topic is "was Revan ment to be dark or light" not "wut revan shud b?"

Excuse me- I created the topic. It is a poll. It IS an opinion topic, smart one. The hell with canon.

If you give people a choice, then they'll pick the one they like better, canon be damned.

Especially in Revan's case...

Thank you for being openminded Jediphile, unlike Darth Hades and Xard you understand what this poll topic is about.

Twitter | @Insevin

Excuse me- I created the topic. It is a poll. It IS an opinion topic, smart one. The hell with canon.

If you give people a choice, then they'll pick the one they like better, canon be damned.

Especially in Revan's case...

Thank you for being openminded Jediphile, unlike Darth Hades and Xard you understand what this poll topic is about.

Jephile just commented on the matter, it's not like he was being openminded.

And congratulations for creating topic, now you should learn to write. Or rather use right words. "What was meant to be" is entirely different thing from "what you think is"

Canon does matter, but also opinion.

Canon matters only in the greater perspective of Star Wars lore and history of the Expanded Universe in its entirety.

Within the games it matters not in the slightest.

For example, the exile always has an always will be male to me, when I play the games. Period. Nothing will change that (and if KotOR3 did, I would consider that discrimination, since Revan's gender was optional in TSL).

However, if the exile appears in the KotOR comic book or is referred to by material set in a later time period, then the character will be female. Still, given how far LA has gone to dodge defining Revan's gender in published material, I doubt that will happen. After all, Revan might be male and light-sided at the end of KotOR, but that still doesn't tell us what he really looked like. Did he have long hair or any at all? Did he have a beard? What was his skincolour? Canon has not decided that, and so while Revan has appeared in the KotOR comic, he (or even she) has always been robed so that the character was unrecognizable, even when it comes to gender.