Al Qaeda recuiting child soldiers

Walsingham

Al Qaeda now recruiting child soldiers. Not the de rigeur 15 year olds of Africa, but 11.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/7231829.stm

Echoes the sentiment:

http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?showtopic=48888

That they are getting increasingly desperate. The news in general is full of stories of locals being sick and tired of jifascists running around slaughtering anyone they suspect of impurity and whatnot.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I guess the natural evolution of this process will eventually lead to the use of Downs Syndrom children?

Is that a joke?

They already used retarded kids....

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

I guess the natural evolution of this process will eventually lead to the use of Downs Syndrom children?

Is that a joke?

They already used retarded kids....

Well, yeah, it was a joke. Wasnt there just a thread about them using Downs Syndrom women in a bombing? So I combined that with kids. See what I did there?

I think they have to be gunning for outrage. Next stop: flinging the Queen Mother's corpse at Buck House, from an orphan burning steam catapult.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Al Qaeda now recruiting child soldiers. Not the de rigeur 15 year olds of Africa, but 11.

Echoes the sentiment:

That they are getting increasingly desperate. The news in general is full of stories of locals being sick and tired of jifascists running around slaughtering anyone they suspect of impurity and whatnot.

Seems Al-Quaeda is catching up with modern guerilla tactics.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Echoes the sentiment:

Seems Al-Quaeda is catching up with modern guerilla tactics.

Possibly. Or they could be way out of step. Pure savagery worked in Vietnam. But now it just seems to have angered the Iraqis and Afghans.

-Elwood Blues

It's a very different situation, as the pure savagery that the Al Quaeda are deploying is often affecting the civilians more harshly than the military troops. Coupled with the fact that most Al Quaeda are outsiders in Iraq and Afghanistan, and it's no surprise that the populace is turning against them. It's really just them trying to choose the lesser of two evils. Everything the populous is taught leads them to believe the Western world is evil and will corrupt their culture, so they sided with the militant extremists, but as this goes on, it's becoming obvious that the real evil is the people that kill indiscriminately. So it isn't a war that the US will win, it's a war that the Iraqi and Afghan people will eventually win, and it's good to see they are moving towards that.

It's a very different situation, as the pure savagery that the Al Quaeda are deploying is often affecting the civilians more harshly than the military troops. Coupled with the fact that most Al Quaeda are outsiders in Iraq and Afghanistan, and it's no surprise that the populace is turning against them. It's really just them trying to choose the lesser of two evils. Everything the populous is taught leads them to believe the Western world is evil and will corrupt their culture, so they sided with the militant extremists, but as this goes on, it's becoming obvious that the real evil is the people that kill indiscriminately. So it isn't a war that the US will win, it's a war that the Iraqi and Afghan people will eventually win, and it's good to see they are moving towards that.

I really hope so. I've only ever wanted a win for the Iraqis and Afghanis. :brows: However you look at it, they deserve a break.

-Elwood Blues