Just in case you were wondering

Plano Skywalker

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

You may all beat down on Tim Cain, but he's a damn fine programmer.

I've got no beef with him. I only recognise the name. There's nothing in the folder, so to speak.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

The bugs in Temple of Elemental Evil say otherwise.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

But Vampire: The Masquerade: Bloodlines::::: : : was flawless.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

But Vampire: The Masquerade: Bloodlines::::: : : was flawless.

Here is a fact, all software tends to contain bugs of some nature.

Here is another fact, an incomplete or buggy product doesn't mean that ALL the code is bad, it just means that its unfinished.

The reason why I say Tim Cain is a good programmer has more to do with articles I've read written by him in regards to programming than products that he's worked on. Having read some of his code, I can express an opinion which is valid based upon observation and experience opposed to yourselves having suffered some bugs in some software.

It's kind of like saying "Tolkien is a crap author, the LOTR's movies sucked", and having obviously never read the books.

Edited by @\NightandtheShape/@

RS_Silvestri_01.jpg

"I'm a programmer at a games company... REET GOOD!" - Me

The guy could be the bastard child of Vishnu and it wouldn't matter. The last thing the world needs is another MMO.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

The guy could be the bastard child of Vishnu and it wouldn't matter. The last thing the world needs is another MMO.

As a sort of embittered non-MMO survivalist I agree with an enthusiastc "Yee-ha!" and fire my six guns in the air.

-Elwood Blues

I keep hearing about this MMO game... I should look it up on Wikipedia some day :-

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Tim Cain rules. Glad to see he's still in the business.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

I keep hearing about this MMO game... I should look it up on Wikipedia some day :-

well, I checked and it just doesn't say....apparently, the firm he is with is like a subcontractor of NCSoft, the makers

of Guild Wars, City of Heroes, etc.

I wonder if it is a pre-existing title like that or some new deal....

ToEE was an epic failure in programming, design, story telling, and quality assurance.

Bloodlines... Not so much, but it still had a good amount of faults.

Edited by Sand

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"