LOST

Kor Qel Droma

I wonder how Miles is making out with that grenade in his mouth?

And great episode tonight. I think I'll have to watch it two or three or four times to digest it all.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Yeah this episode had a lot to reflect upon. At first I didn't like the idea of the

time warping consciouses.

but towards the end it was kind of nice I suppose especially fitting for a character like Desmond.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

best episode this season

what I gather from all this is that the island is free from time, which would indeed make it impossible to find

also, very interesting to see Widmore buy the Black Rock captain's log. it's becoming obvious he is looking for the island

Faraday is the scientist? I think his own note to himself is a "just in case" type of thing. Hes not displaying any of the symptoms that the others were.

remember him crying in the short flashback in ep2 though? and the card game with Charlotte in ep4? those might definitely have had something to do with this

I might even dare to speculate that the sickness Rousseau was talking about way back in season 1 is what we've seen this last episode

and I too was moved by the conversation between Des and Penny. one of the most emotional Lost moments, along with Sawyer meeting Cooper

Edited by Pope

Faraday is the scientist? I think his own note to himself is a "just in case" type of thing. Hes not displaying any of the symptoms that the others were.

Hasn't he "spaced out" in past episodes? I'm almost certain, that before he does the rocket timing test, he was all staring into space.

That being said, we don't know, maybe once you have said constant that you stop flipping back and forth. Dez said he was "perfect" and didn't flip post phone call.

Haha, now I feel like a real nerd for explaining all the time travel theories to the fifty year old women at work who watched last nights' episode and said 'WTF?'

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

I knew time warping would come in sooner or later, I'm pretty sure I said that some time earlier or maybe a different forum but I don't have any theories. Can you post some Kor?

I know you wanna :)

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

All I am going to say is time moves differently on the island.

If anything, the calendar on the freighter in latest episode established that time moves exactly the same on the island. The plane crashed September 22nd, 2004. The calendar said December 24th, 2004, which corresponds to the 3 months they've spent on the island.

So, being on the island has no effect whatsoever on how time passes. However, passing the barrier surrounding the island seems to distort time.

Edited by Pope

Well, not distort time, but it seems to dislodge objects going through it from time. Time's still the same, it's the objects in space time that are all worm-holing through time.

EDIT: I think :)

Edited by kumquatq3

This episode was just awesome.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I was just reading on another forum that the Damon Whatshisface gave an outline of the final three seasons. Read at your own risk.

Speaking to the New York Post this week, Lost guru Damon Lindelof outlined this roadmap for the final three seasons: "Season 4 is about who gets off the island and the fact that they need to get back. Season 5 is about why they need to get back, and season 6 is about what happens when they get back."

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Best Desmond episode ever.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Has there really ever been a bad Desmond episode? No, I think not.

I wonder if we'll be getting backstories for the freighter crew. That big guy used to be a pro hockey player.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Has there really ever been a bad Desmond episode? No, I think not.

I wonder if we'll be getting backstories for the freighter crew. That big guy used to be a pro hockey player.

I'm sure we'll see a fashback of what happened on the freighter before the season ends. And I'm betting it will be through Michael's point of view.

It seems so likely that Michael is the spy that I keep trying to think if there is anyone else it could be so that it'll be a surprise when it happens.

I thought it was an okay episode overall; got a lot of information but it pales in comparison with last week.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

And the way the creators write this show, it'll be the last scene of the episode, where you see Michael (probably) walk in and all you'll see is Sayid/Desmonds' face and then they'll say 'You?'. Cue the music and the lights go down...

I didn't mind last nights episode. I'd take a Juliet-centric hour over one say, of , I dunno, Kate.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif