New Fallout 3 screens

sharkz

And It has been a while since I played fallout 1/2... but with a targeted shot to the head + bloody mess... people would explode and body parts fly off? That I don't remember.

A little over 1 minute into the video he uses a gause rifle -> http://youtube.com/watch?v=EYd59yMIDz8

He makes a targeted shot at the eyes but the enemy loses a limb and a big chunk out their torso.

And It has been a while since I played fallout 1/2... but with a targeted shot to the head + bloody mess... people would explode and body parts fly off? That I don't remember.

A little over 1 minute into the video he uses a gause rifle -> http://youtube.com/watch?v=EYd59yMIDz8

He makes a targeted shot at the eyes but the enemy loses a limb and a big chunk out their torso.

heh I guess I never noticed that. Amusing.

Watched the vid, t hanks Jaesun.

Sadly, I'm already bored of VATS after that. I mean, the originals' combat weren't that great, but basically this is your standard shooter game, except sometimes, you can make people go boom with lots of splats!

Really, all of these complaints aren't anything that couldn't be levelled against the original games. You could blow a chunk out of a guy's torso with a BB gun if you really tried. And bloody mess w/ unarmed has already mentioned (which likely will not show up in Fallout 3, so it all evens out). As for the grenade not really working out, well, if you think about it, it worked the same way in the original games. You aimed a grenade based on where the target is when you throw it, not where he will be when the grenade lands.

Besides, as I said earlier, this is an obvious prefab demonstration. The game itself may work differently.

Edited by Pop

The combat in this game is definitely over the top and silly. Though, I think I might be able to enjoy it if three things are achieved.

1. That I'm able to forget how non-sensible some of the weapons are and just enjoy the silliness of it all

2. They fix the poor AI seen in the demonstrations

3. They have an option to disable the slow motion bullet cam

Taking this game with any sort of serious intent will probably just lead to me disliking it ;)

Edited by LostStraw

I almost laughed at the teddy bear cannon.

It's awesome, as long as you're not serious about it.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Not a fan of the FPS-esque part of the combat. It might be interesting to try, but I hope I never fail missions because my twitch-ability lets me down.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)