New Fallout 3 screens

sharkz

Well, the headshot was cool.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

That does look sort of decent.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Oh and also Bethesda devs should try and figure out how to use bloom properly. Oblivion had awful bloom, and by those screenies, Fallout 3 is going the same way.

Heja Sverige!!

While I don't really go for the whole urban post-apoc thing, my preferences being of wastelandish origin, they did get the feel right.

Shame about the bloom though. In the pics it's rather erratic.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

That does look sort of decent.

What really?

I think it looks generic 101...

The textures are the worst part, blah.

Well, this is a 360 game.

Heja Sverige!!

If they are going for Space Marines vs. Orks shooter game, they might as well have done a Warhammer 40k game.

It may be a decent game or not, but nothing so far says "Fallout" to me :sad:

More like S.T.A.L.K.E.R. with less scary opponents.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Wow. So hideously ugly. Bad art. Some of it looks like simply poorly rendered pencils. Not that it is, just looks like that way.

That head pop is terrible. A lot of this must be placeholder stuff. I can only hope.

Actually I don't really care. FO3 isn't really on my list of must buy games.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

The whole thing looks a lot more like Resident Evil / 24 Days Later, rather than Fallout (keeping in midn the huge differences in graphics, yes. It's all about feel), but if one gets past that, I think they did a lot of work to really put signs of decay everywhere they could.

The screenshots are way to trigger-happy with Bruce Willis hollywood action chreography, but hey, they're screenshots, that's sort of inevitable. I'd say the weakest parts are the design decisions on characters and monsters, and the strongest areas are the environment itself (e.g. look at third from last shot with no characters; it looks the best IMO.)

They're ugly,

the only good thing that can be seen on those is architecture that looks similar to Fallout.

Very bad art direction, even the technical standards - they look 2 years old, and it's still a long way for the game to be published.

This Super Mutant (?) with skulls looks stupid.

Edited by Dagon

It looks kind of "meh."

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

The color-palette is non-existent, and the art is dreadful. Other than that, it looks mediocre enough to keep my interest.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

My gripe. Supermutants aren't supposed to be 20 feet tall, right?

And how about some screens of ghouls, radscorpions, or a deathclaw? SOMEthing else.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

Those aren't super mutants.

They are super duper mutants! :grin:

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

Ugly graphics, probably a sucky story, lame console port. Way to go and f*** up a good series Bethy! :grin:

It would have been f-ed up with FOBOS, amirite?

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

WOW good to see people remaining objective about Fallout....

Next thing there will be console bashing.... wait...wait for it...

Well, this is a 360 game.
lame console port

Oh it happened already. At post 7 and 19.

Could some people please tell me what you could possibly do different with a post-apocalyptic world? I mean the graphics aren't earth shattering but Fallouts 1 & 2 weren't either. As for bloom well it is Bethesda, and if thats the only thing you can find to pick about.

cylon_basestar_eye.gif

I will judge Fallout 3 based on the series past games of Fallout 1 and Fallout 2. So far I haven't really seen anything that I liked. It makes no difference to me if it is on console or PC, or even both, but if this game is to be part of the series it needs to look and play like it. Fallout 1 to Fallout 2, BG1 to BG2, NWN1 to NWN2, KotOR 1 to KotOR 2, and so forth have all done this. Fallout 3, it appears, will not.

I will judge Fallout 3 based on the series past games of Fallout 1 and Fallout 2. So far I haven't really seen anything that I liked. It makes no difference to me if it is on console or PC, or even both, but if this game is to be part of the series it needs to look and play like it. Fallout 1 to Fallout 2, BG1 to BG2, NWN1 to NWN2, KotOR 1 to KotOR 2, and so forth have all done this. Fallout 3, it appears, will not.

I not going to run out and buy this game, I'll rent on 360 before buying it on PC, but I'm not simply going to ignore it and pick it to pieces, just because it doesn't have the same camera as the previous two, or because its no longer 2D etc etc. Those thing didn't make Fallout good IMO, it was the story, the characters and the gameplay. If Beth can't produces these things, then its not Fallout IMO.

Edited by Bos_hybrid
cylon_basestar_eye.gif