Movies you have seen lately

SteveThaiBinh

EDIT: While searching for actors who survived being in the Star Wars movies I found out they were making a fourth Terminator movie. *sigh*

I don't think that project is still on. Was only a rumor iirc.

Then again, last time I checked there weren't that many actors confirmed, so it might be official now.

Edited by Pope

On Her Majesty's Secret Service

This is the first time i've ever heard someone refer to this as a 'favorate film', even when just talking about bond titles.

It most closely resembles Fleming's Bond.

Has many "best of" the series

Music

Bond Girl

story

director

Blofeld

action

chase scene

The only thing missing is Connery. One can only imagine how the film would have been.........

Yeah, Lazenby was its big problem. But Diana Rigg instantly negates that.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

His first acting part and it shows. There are a few scenes he really shines - The proposal scene as well as the last scene. Given time he might have grown into the role. We will never know. He surely had the physical assets, he was bad ass in real life - a martial arts expert and a sergeant in the Australian Special Forces. But it worked out alright for him, he is currently the richest of all the actors to have played Bond.

Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom (1984) - You know I really enjoyed it this time. Short round and Wilhelmina 'Willie' Scott usually bother the **** out of me. But for some reason they did not this time. Maybe because I watched half yesterday and the rest today. It's still number #3 in my IJ ranking but I'll give it a 7.5/10 Entertaining and action packed.

"Comedian Harvey Korman, a multiple-Emmy award winner best known for his work on "The Carol Burnett Show" and in comedies such as Blazing Saddles and The Pink Panther Strikes Again, died Thursday at the age of 81. According to a family statement issued by UCLA Medical Center, Korman reportedly suffered complications related to the rupture of an abdominal aortic aneurysm he experienced four months ago. "

RIP

I bought and saw Planet Terror on DVD a while ago and loved it (even the "trailers" for fictive movies were hilarious). Is Death Proof of similar quality?

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

The jury is out on that one, I'm afraid. I enjoyed Death Proof, but the board doesn't seem to agree with me on that one. It's cheesy like Planet Terror.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

The jury is out on that one, I'm afraid. I enjoyed Death Proof, but the board doesn't seem to agree with me on that one. It's cheesy like Planet Terror.

Thats part of what I liked about Planet Terror. Good old cheesy fun that doesn't take itself too seriously :biggrin:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I enjoyed Death Proof a great deal, as well but, as Kor said, a lot of people didn't like it.

It has one of the best car chases I've ever seen. It's just fantastic.

Also, Zo

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I'll keep an eye out for it when I get near a DVD store again :biggrin:

John Rambo. First movie in a long time that wasn't a disapointment. Watched it for a decent war/action flick and that is exactly what I got. :lol:

As for Death Proof, I personally found it very disapointing. Thirty to fourty minutes of bleh dialogue, a car crash, then another twenty to thirty minutes of dialogue for a car chase that just wasn't worth the wait. The story could be contained into ten minutes but it just drags and drags. :thumbsup: I'm kind of interested in seeing Planet Terror though.

Narnia 2 Prince Caspian

This was a strange experience. It was a bit like watching The Two Towers, where I was expecting a lot of magical happenings and childish wonder like in the first, but instead I got a more mature story and slower pacing with talks of political stuff.

Peter and Susan acted like they were almost evil in this chapter and by the end you realize they just don't care anymore.

The beginning was ok but then it dragged on all the way to the halfway point where I found myself waking up to sounds of a battle. From that point it picks up some speed and is a decent high fantasy affair.

But I'm still not sure if I liked it. Thankfully my wife had enough points on her Scene card and I didn't have to pay. Otherwise it would've been more disappointing.

6.5/10

Tarantino thinks he can write awesome dialogue, but he kinda pushed his boundaries here. A lot.

Tarantino is completely insane. I doubt he thought he'd be writing good dialog... actually, there's a good chance he's reached another level of consciousness and doesn't think altogether.

Edited by WILL THE ALMIGHTY

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Rambo. I hate to say it, but Stallone really nailed it this time. He's got it down pat in the current installment. Less talking, more killing. And all in a Saving Private Ryan grotesquely real kind of way. I'll watch this again, and maybe even consider buying it.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Death Proof isn't anywhere near as "cheesy" as Planet Terror. By cheesy I mean it's not as funny - not even in a satirical way - and I don't think it's supposed to be. The two directors (Tarantino and Rodriguez) went in fairly separate directions, imo. Tarantino went for more of a serious homage, while Rodriguez made a tongue-and-cheek/high camp satire. Death Proof was ok, but Planet Terror is consistently more entertaining, and I liked it much much better.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I watched Shinobi: Heart Under Blade this weekend. Shinobi was good. It was not exceptional, though, and I doubt I'll ever watch it again. But I did enjoy it.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."