Movies you have seen lately

SteveThaiBinh

I should have been born five years earlier or so... Anyway: I've seen Iron Man lately and actually consider it to be an entertaining movie despite my general dislike for super-hero stuff.

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority

I watched Indiana Jones: The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

I have to say that as a movie it was entertaining and I liked it. Aside from that, it felt quite a bit more exaggerated than the other movies and that disappointed me. That's not to say the other movies weren't "super hero-ish" but IJ4 was highly more-so than the original trilogy.

I grew up on Indiana Jones, though. I'd go see it again.

Stand Your Convictions and You Will Walk Alone.

Indy 4

Made me want to watch the originals again... to stop the pain.

George did it AGAIN!

Another childhood memory raped.

First, although bringing back Marion was a good idea, Karen Allen had what... 3 lines in Indy 4 and I REALLY missed her drinking ways. She was smiling WAY TOO MUCH. The quicksand scene though was very entertaining.

Second, all the rumors are true, about where the skulls are from and about who Shia's character is. I won't go any further into this because:

Third, the entire mystery/suspense package is revealed within the intro sequence, about where the "story" is going, and as soon as Indy rolls out of that fridge, the rest of the film is a series of action scenes with nothing holding it all together because the entire plot is EASILY figured out, especially after the trailers...

I found the CGI stuff overall pretty transparent(a good thing), except for a jungle pursuit scene where some major flaws show the use of George's toys a bit too much.

Aside from Harrison, who is very dissapointing, the performance of the actors were very good. I was quite surprised with Shia LaBoeuf and as usual, Cate Blanchett is awesome to watch even though her character is no Elsa Schneider...

Oh and the ending is completely horrible in every way.

6/10 (for an Indy movie, from a fan who regularly watches the originals, this is a terrible score)

all I have to say is: lamest artifact ever

and no sidekick will ever match Sean Connery or John Rhys-Davies

The exclusion of JRD is truly sacriligious. I know he had some contractual constraints(I hope it wasn't Dungeon Siege...) but we've waited 19 years so one or two more to accomodate the gentle giant wouldn't have hurt. It may also have given them time to do more rewrites which, as hard as it is to believe, the movie needed.

Also, I really think that actors meddling in scripts is a bad idea...

Because

aliens

are less farfetched than ghosts out of a golden box melting faces?

I mean, I'm disappointed that all Spielberg and Lucas managed to come up with is

aliens

again, but in the context of this series it wasn't even a stretch.

Edited by TrueNeutral

As far as I can recall, Temple of Doom and The Last Crusade weren't particularly well received at the time of release, so I'm guessing all the complaints about Crystal skull will fade away and everyone will like it as much as the rest of the series.

As for Rhys-Davies not appearing, he wasn't in Temple of Doom either, so I don't see what's sacrilegious about it.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Because

aliens

are less farfetched than ghosts out of a golden box melting faces?

I mean, I'm disappointed that all Spielberg and Lucas managed to come up with is

aliens

again, but in the context of this series it wasn't even a stretch.

well that's Spielberg's style.

I really enjoyed the movie. I try to enjoy movies not critises them.

I also rented

To Catch a Thief

a classic Hitchcok mystery film

Master of the Flying Guillotine

great martial arts film featuring one of the baddest weppons ever seen and a turnament of martial styles.

Your not all ways being honest when your telling the truth.

Everything slows down when water's around.

Indiana 4

Pretty damn bad movie, actually. As usual

the ending is composed of the bad guy/girl getting what she wants and dieing in the process, all they added was E.T.

The plot was ridiculously easy to guess, and the action wasn't all that worth it either.

Don't bother.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

As far as I can recall, Temple of Doom and The Last Crusade weren't particularly well received at the time of release, so I'm guessing all the complaints about Crystal skull will fade away and everyone will like it as much as the rest of the series.

As for Rhys-Davies not appearing, he wasn't in Temple of Doom either, so I don't see what's sacrilegious about it.

Which is why ToD is regarded as the least appealing of all four Indy films. That, and no other reasons whatsoever.

I like Temple of Doom most of all. Heart ripping cultists that burn their still living victims with magma gets me every time.

Crystal Skull is midly entertaining and worth the $5 I spent on it. George Lucas is like Bioware. Just as Bioware does with their games, Georgie-boy delivers a formulaic movie that is entertaining to the masses but not innovative nor risky within the genre. There are far far worse movies and their are far far better ones as well, but it has that fine niche of being a good popcorn movie and that is good enough for me.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Temple of Doom is much better than The Last Crusade.

@Sand: The failure in that logic is that while Bioware makes competent if uninspired games, Lucas has been part of some truly atrocious pieces of film making. Like Howard the Freaking Duck, or The Phantom Menace.

Heja Sverige!!

Which is why ToD is regarded as the least appealing of all four Indy films. That, and no other reasons whatsoever.

No it's the most underrated and unknown one of all.

My favorite is the Last Crusade for some reason maybe because I like Sean Connery's performance.

Edited by ghosta

Your not all ways being honest when your telling the truth.

Everything slows down when water's around.

@Sand: The failure in that logic is that while Bioware makes competent if uninspired games, Lucas has been part of some truly atrocious pieces of film making. Like Howard the Freaking Duck, or The Phantom Menace.

Neverwinter Nights 1 was Bioware's Howard the Duck, and KotOR was their Phantom Menace.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

WHAT

lolno

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

lolyes?

Heja Sverige!!

Yes it was.

Well, I *meant* to go see Indy this weekend... but I didn't make it. I will say that my favorite Indy movie is the Last Crusade. Something about the on screen chemistry between the entire troupe is just fantastic.

Anyhow, what I did see this weekend was Speed Racer at the IMAX. I'd seen it once and couldn't pass up the chance to see the IMAX version. I have to say, I liked it even better the 2nd time. I was hyper all day, looking for my jump-jack button on drive home and I'm still humming the theme song 3 days later....

:D

Anybody here catch that? All I understood was 'very'.

lolyes?

Explain yourself. You and Sand has been first persons ever to prefer Temple over Crusade as far as my experience shows. It is also the most critically slacked movie of three and no wonder

Third one has Sean Connery as Indy's dad. That alone makes it better than stupid CGI-fest that was Temple of Doom

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)