Movies you have seen lately

SteveThaiBinh

So we got around to watching Resident Evil:Extinction.

It was watchable, but not great even for a zombie movie. The previous Resident Evil's were better/more entertaining.

I thought the first 2 were pretty fun but I stopped watching the third one after the bird attack. I don't know why, I was just bored with it. Weird, since it is pretty much just MOTS. I was really looking forward to it as well. Maybe my expectaions were too high.

I saw Iron Man tonight. It was all right. If I had been by myself I would have walked out of the theater at about the halfway point, not because it was so awful, just kinda meh. An hour was really all I wanted to see. But I was with other people and had to endure it in silence. They all loved it. God knows why. Superhero movies just don't do much for me. Except for Hellboy. WHich I like a decent amount.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

I stopped watching the third one after the bird attack.

Because the bird attack was like the offspring of Hitch**** and Woo had the two of them been siblings. There's a terrifying attack by zombie birds and a guy runs out, leaps through the air, and fires two pistols in slow motion at them and it works! AGAINST BIRDS!

It was god awful. The entire movie was more bad scenes just like that with poor pacing splitting them up. This is the only movie I've ever seen that I wanted to walk out on. The only reason I didn't was because of how glowy and delicious Milla's airbrushed beauty was.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Cloverfield.

Awesome movie. The camera really helped to make it more "presonnal" and the monster looked awesome.

Did you ever feel for like a split second you were watching a Youtube video?

Cause I did.

Nope, but now that you mention it, I suddenly lose all interest in watching the movie again. :'(

Edited by WILL THE ALMIGHTY

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

It was god awful. The entire movie was more bad scenes just like that with poor pacing splitting them up. This is the only movie I've ever seen that I wanted to walk out on. The only reason I didn't was because of how glowy and delicious Milla's airbrushed beauty was.

Its sad cause I was actually looking forward to it. Probably the only person in the world who was actually looking forward to a third resident evil movie. And I couldn't sit through it. I still don't understand how someone can srew up a zombie movie. If I liked the first 2, then I should have liked the third. But I didn't.

I watched Blood Diamond tonight. Fourth or fifth time I've seen it now. One of my most favorite of recent films. Not in a haha isn't this a jolly good time sort of way, but it is an enthralling film, however disturbing it might be.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

I saw Stardust, and really liked it. I thought Claire Danes was perfect for the role, equal parts stunning and other-wordly. Has anyone read the book? I was thinking I might look out for a copy.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

I saw Stardust, and really liked it. I thought Claire Danes was perfect for the role, equal parts stunning and other-wordly. Has anyone read the book? I was thinking I might look out for a copy.

no ive been wanting to check it out though

most movies that have been based on books, i've preferred the books (eg Fight Club, The Princess Bride)

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

The book is a good deal different than the movie. I read the book a few years before seeing the movie, and so my memory had faded enough for the changes not to trouble me much. The book is a great lighthearted fairy tale though, much less dark than Gaiman's other stuff.

Cloverfield.

Awesome movie. The camera really helped to make it more "presonnal" and the monster looked awesome.

Did you ever feel for like a split second you were watching a Youtube video?

Cause I did.

Nope, but now that you mention it, I suddenly lose all interest in watching the movie again. :'(

Maybe the fact that I was watching it on a laptop had something to do with it.

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

To put it concisely, Steven Spielberg is no Steven Spielberg. Now you may wonder "what the **** does that mean? How can someone not be themself?" you'll feel how I felt when I watched this movie. How can an Indiana Jones movie not be an Indiana Jones movie? Sure, it's got all the trademarks. Indiana, a sexual tension interest, a sidekick, bad guys, a whip, a treasure, pretty much everything you'd expect. But it still feels a stranger.

What stands out most in contrast to the older movies is visually. The movie is more akin to a Pixar film than Indiana Jones. It's colorful and it's notably overlit. Retardedly overlit. You won't confuse anything in this movie for natural lighting. It's like next-gen bloom.

This visual style seems appropriate for the new movie. It appears to be going for a more family friendly approach than any of the predecessors. It, at least, continues the trend of Last Crusade in being less serious than all 3 prior movies. The villains are not quite as evil (you may expect Cate Blanchett to make a comment about looking for Moose and Squirell), Jones is not quite as gruff and angry, and there are no real surprises to be found.

Overall, I did enjoy the movie. But about the time I saw someone

Tarzaning their way through the jungle surrounded by a monkey army

, I had to wonder if I would have liked it had it not been called Indiana Jones and someone other than Harrison Ford had been the lead.

Edit: Forgot a period.

Edited by Tale

Who's this Stephen Spielburg person?

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I have no clue what you're talking about.

Who's this Stephen Spielberg person?

Heja Sverige!!

Who's this Stephen Spielberg person?

Acliamed director, sreenwritter, producer, oscar winner, friend and colleege of George Lucas

he has directed and or produced

All 4 indiana Jones movies

The Color Purple

The Goonies

Shindler's list

Jaws

ET

Close Encounters of the Trird Kind

AI

War of the Worlds (the remake)

Jurasik park

Saving Private Ryan

Munich

hook

Always

Transformers

Pinky and the Brian

Poltergoist

Minority Report

Cath Me If You Can

Th e Terminal

Band of Brothers

Memoirs of a Geisha

all three Back to the Future movies

the list goes on and on I'm supprised that you havn't heard of him.

Your not all ways being honest when your telling the truth.

Everything slows down when water's around.

Hahahaha!

Heja Sverige!!

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

To put it concisely, Steven Spielberg is no Steven Spielberg. Now you may wonder "what the **** does that mean? How can someone not be themself?" you'll feel how I felt when I watched this movie. How can an Indiana Jones movie not be an Indiana Jones movie? Sure, it's got all the trademarks. Indiana, a sexual tension interest, a sidekick, bad guys, a whip, a treasure, pretty much everything you'd expect. But it still feels a stranger.

I don't think I could disagree more with this statement. In fact, the problem with this movie was the exact opposite. It didn't feel like a stranger at all. It felt much too familiar, much too comfortable. There is never a moment that, while we sometimes don't know exactly what will happen, we don't know in what way it will happen. There is never any danger because it never challenges itself into there actually being a real danger. In Raiders, we were kept on the edge of our seats because Indiana, even though he tries so damn hard, constantly fails in his mission (loses the girl, bluff gets called, the ark gets taken), so we feel like he could fail again anytime. Not being comfortable is a strength. There is none of that in this movie.

They did do a good thing in

bringing Karen Allen's Marion Ravenwood back

, though.

P.S. I know it was Ray Winstone who played Mac, but I constantly felt like I was watching Bob Hoskins. D:

It's nice to read something different on Indy 4.

All the bads I've read so far have mentioned mostly how the visual are too much of a digifest.

Here is the first site that puts something else on the table.

I feel like I will know a bit more of what to expect when I finally see it this weekend.

So thanks guys.

Every once in while I'll think of the scene on the pirate ship where Sloth is getting upset about being dropped as a baby and I'll giggle uncontrollably.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.