Movies you have seen lately

SteveThaiBinh

Saw Iron Man last week. Really strong film with great performances from most of the cast and a solid plot. And good humour! Been awhile since a superhero film hasn't taken itself overseriously.

Saw Speed Racer today. Fun film, goofy and frothy fun. Had a grin on my face for most of the film.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Death Proof. Was so looking forward to this hearing how great the car chases were. What a massive disapointment.

Hour and a half of boring @$$ dialog for a ten second crash, then another thirty to fourty five minutes of BS for a car chase that was so NOT worth the wait. Can't believe this movie has recieved such high reviews. Atleast Kurt Russell was hilarious at the end. ;)

From Hell. I've watched the first ten minutes of this show numerous times but never seemed to make it past that without changing the channel/falling asleep. I actually managed to keep attentive this go around. 'Twas a bloody tale indeed.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

i should add that we watched bridge to terabithia recently. i was really getting in to it then... WTF!!! nobody ever said anything about THAT!!! arrrrrgggghhhh!!! my wife was in tears. i'll admit to nothing other than screaming at the tube for a second or two.

taks

As much as I hate to admit it becuase it would mean I'm a little wussy girl, I got pretty choked up at the ending. It was on a flight across the U.S so I was trapped and was forced into the story and it just came out of freakin nowhere. Not to mention my friend was next to me so I had to hold back and it was a true test of emotional restraint. :'(

Yeah, I did quite a bit of sniffling at that part. I hadn't gotten so sad over a movie since I saw Draco die in Dragonheart when I was 8.

I didn't scream at the tube like taks did though. The only movie so far to actually piss me off so much that I had to yell at the TV was Stephen King's The Mist. Goddamn I hate the ending of that movie.

Death Proof. Was so looking forward to this hearing how great the car chases were. What a massive disapointment.

Hour and a half of boring @$$ dialog for a ten second crash, then another thirty to fourty five minutes of BS for a car chase that was so NOT worth the wait. Can't believe this movie has recieved such high reviews. Atleast Kurt Russell was hilarious at the end. :p

That's because you don't understand the genre. The movie is supposed to be campy and it should be watched as part of the complete Grindhouse Double feature. The film is a solute to those historic explotationist poar quality double feture films of the past.

Always I recently saw

Once upon in China

and

Carlito's Way

Your not all ways being honest when your telling the truth.

Everything slows down when water's around.

I saw Planet Terror. I liked it a lot more than Death Proof...Death Proof was decent, imo, but PT was a lot more amusing. The whole BBQ thing, all the silly one liners, hammy over-acting and 'bad-horror' dialogue, etc. Fun stuff.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I saw Iron Man and Speed Racer this weekend.

Iron Man was a wonderful movie that anyone could enjoy and I will probably go see again.

I adored Speed Racer. I loved the cartoon as a very young child and the movie managed to capture all the coolness and magic that the cartoon was in my five year old mind. I will definitely be seeing it again and buying the DVD.

Anybody here catch that? All I understood was 'very'.

Cloverfield

We just watched that today, too. I thought the beginning was really slow...after that it picked up. Not quite as fun as I expected it to be, but not bad, either. Camera shake didn't bother me either, altho I could see why it might bug some people.

But I think I might've liked it more if the guy holding the camera hadn't been such a dufus. :)

We were going to watch Resident Evil:Extinction, too - monster/horror double-bill! - but hubby went to take a 20min nap and he's still snoring away. heh

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Little Shop of Horrors http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091419/

I probably listened to it more than I watched it, as I had just bought a handful of new Warhammer Fantasy/40k books :)

Time to dust off some of the old W.A.S.P. cd's, they'll probably do better as background ambience for those books than a musical.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

The Green Mile. This film = fantastico.

you like anything set in a men's prison

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

And that's what brings you two together.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Cloverfield.

Awesome movie. The camera really helped to make it more "presonnal" and the monster looked awesome.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

So we got around to watching Resident Evil:Extinction.

It was watchable, but not great even for a zombie movie. The previous Resident Evil's were better/more entertaining.

Oded Fehr is not nearly as hot when he's mostly clean-shaven. Plus, what was up with all the CGi airbrushing of Milla Jovovich's face?

Also, the season finale of CSI:Las Vegas really threw me for a shocked "WTF" loop, since prior to watching it I had no idea what was going on w/Gary Dourdan. Now that I do, it makes more sense, but it's still shocking. And I hear Grissom won't be in too many episodes next season. Maybe time for CSI:LV to hang up it's hat...

Actually, I didn't notice it at first either, since I was personally more concerned with watching Mr. Fehr... o:)

It was hubby who mentioned it, so I noticed. On close-ups her face would look fuzzy and brushed. Several articles I read later mentioned it as well. It's surprising mostly because she doesn't need any airbrushing, far as I know.