Movies you have seen lately

SteveThaiBinh

Gone Baby Gone. This was one of the few movies I've seen where it took me nearly the whole show to figure out. Sure I had

Ed Harris pegged right the first time, but I didn't see Morgan Freeman being involved

. Irreguardless, this show left me impressed and depressed at the same time. And man those Boston accents sure get old fast.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Return of the Jedi. It would be nice if they made three movies after this.

It would be even nicer if Lucas let go of the reigns and let someone more talented have a go at it.

:thumbsup:;(:(:) So f'n true! Its surprising the original star wars were as good as they were when contrasting the differences in budgets.

Always outnumbered, never out gunned!

Unreal Tournament 2004 Handle:Enlight_2.0

Myspace Website!

My rig

Star Wars VII VIII IX are a must.

I've seen American Ganster (****1/2), The Kingdom (***), and Bourne Ultimatum (****1/2) recently. Good movies. American Ganster was 3 hours though. :)

Twitter | @Insevin

Star Wars VII VIII IX are a must.

No thank you - I do not want to see them made. o:)

I do.

But not right away, more like in 15 to 20 years and Lucas can write and produce if he wants but he needs to stay away from the director's chair.

He is an outstanding producer and his writing is pretty good if he stays away from lovy dovy stuff...

Id' like to see Eps 7, 8 and 9 directed by 3 different high profile directors. Like Spielberg, Del Toro and Ridley Scott for example. 3 different takes on the subject matter. That, or one big 12 hour film split in 3 for theaters.

Harold and Kumar go to White Castle. Hilarious. Made me want to smoke weed again. Then my wife got angry at me... :teehee:

7/10

It's not going to happen, of course, but I wish they'd just let Star Wars die. I've had enough, and it's like they're effectively trying to take away a bit of my childhood from me. And I think they've succeeded, too.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Isn't there some Star Wars TV show coming out? Not an animated one, either.

No, it's animated, but it's supposed to be pretty well done.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Isn't there some Star Wars TV show coming out? Not an animated one, either.

No, it's animated, but it's supposed to be pretty well done.

There is a live action TV project in the works as well. LINK

There Will Be Blood - Great. The priest was a bigger SOB than Daniel Plainview.

I think the murderer wins as biggest SOB. But it was close.

Zodiac (2007) - "Based on the Robert Graysmith books about the real life notorious Zodiac, a serial killer who terrorized San Francisco with a string of seemingly random murders during the 1960s and 1970s."

Another David Fincher masterpiece, thought he did a great job of capturing life in the late 60's and 70's. Excellent cast as well. Surprised this did not receive more love at the Oscars. Worthwhile.

9/10

Edited by Kelverin

There Will Be Blood: Ahhh....a strange movie. On the one hand, half the movie seems to about literally watching a bunch of dirty men drilling for oil. Watch the drill go up and down, up and down .... on the other hand, there were the great performances of Day Lewis and the guy playing the young preacher. But some supporting characters came and went with nary a word, and it felt disjointed in places. Basically a very slow character study and nothing more. However, the final line in the movie (from Lewis) had me rolling on the floor. It was perfect.

No Country For Old Men: The first hour and 20 minutes or so, I was thinking "Fantastic! Brilliant! Cohen brothers strike again!" The last 40 minutes started a slow slide down to strangely uninteresting, and again, felt kinda disjointed and off-kilter, compared to the first half/first 3/4. So mixed feelings. But that first half was so awesome, I can forgive the somewhat disappointing 2nd part.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Run Fatboy Run. I had a good time watching this. Sure, it won't get too many marks for creativity or anything like that, but it's a decent date movie.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Street Kings - I was pleasantly surprised. I was expecting another bad cop movie like Training Days or The Shield, and I got some of that, but Keanu Reaves isn't really a bad cop. He's just more like a warrior or a soldier, he's got major issues but in the end he's still trying to do the right thing.

If you don't like Keanu Reaves, you'll probably hate it, but if you do, it was surprisingly good.

Street Kings - I was pleasantly surprised. I was expecting another bad cop movie like Training Days or The Shield, and I got some of that, but Keanu Reaves isn't really a bad cop. He's just more like a warrior or a soldier, he's got major issues but in the end he's still trying to do the right thing.

If you don't like Keanu Reaves, you'll probably hate it, but if you do, it was surprisingly good.

Just saw this film last night. I HATE Keanu Reaves, I think he's a terrible actor (except in the Bill and Ted movies :) ), but I actually really enjoyed it. It's got action, suspense, and a few parts even made me inappropriately laugh. ;)

legoK2.jpg

Check out my KOTOR fan vids on YouTube. And no, they're not of legos.

Planet Terror

What a pleasant surprise. I didn't think they made movies like this anymore :thumbsup:

Some of the most fun I've had since watching Peter Jacksons Braindead and Bad Taste for the first time.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

The Forbidden Kingdom

I wasn't expecting much and I was pleasantly surprised.

It is like a melange of LotR, Neverending Story and Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon.

Also quite funny.

The biggest surprise was how good an actor Jackie Chan can be. He seemed very comfortable in his role(s) and showed good range with very nicely delivered lines.

Plus the fights are awesome.

9/10

Juno

Watched 15 minutes and I just couldn't stand it. I profoundly hate those types of "clever" dialogs because no one talks like that ALL the time. Real people may crack a smart joke or reply once in a while but in Juno they overdid it.

It's too much and for me, it was unnearable.

2/10

Planet Terror

What a pleasant surprise. I didn't think they made movies like this anymore :(

Some of the most fun I've had since watching Peter Jacksons Braindead and Bad Taste for the first time.

Be sure to check out the other half of the Grindhouse Double Bill, Death Proof.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Harold and Kumar go to White Castle. Hilarious. Made me want to smoke weed again. Then my wife got angry at me... :ermm: 7/10

there's a new one on the horizon. i've seen a few verts on the tube but i cannot recall what it is called. the first was as stupid as any B-movie i've ever seen, but hilarious nonetheless. no plot, but no need for a plot, either. ;)

taks

comrade taks... just because.