Movies you have seen lately

SteveThaiBinh

Uh-huh.

I don't understand why they even titled the movie I am Legend, it has just about nothing to do with the original masterpiece. Enjoyable enough, but after the first half, a real let-down.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

There were bits of it which stood up on their own. The whole isolation and madness thing works. But why go so cheesy at the end? Bastards.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Dragonlance: Dragons of Autumn Twilight (2008) - Except for the bad/terrible voice work, mediocre music, and less than average cheesy 70's style animation, not a bad adaptation. 5/10

The Green Mile (1999) Good Flick, exceptional acting. Me likey 8/10

To any one that cares, they are showing the first 3 Alien movies on Encore this evening starting at 8:00 p.m. PDT Back to back to back

Edited by Kelverin

I Am Legend (With Alternate Ending :( )

It was kind of stupid to try to talk to those things. After all, you tried to kill all of them.

Everybody, is dead!

Book so much better it's not even funny.

I have neither the patience nor the attention span to read the book. I never do :*

geass-1.jpg

Part of Rise of the Sith TSL Mod

The Last Man on Earth is a better, but older, version of the same book - or at least I think that was its name.

Yup, the original version with Vincent Price.

Then there was THE OMEGA MAN with Charlton Heston in the 70s.

And NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD has its origins in Romero's failed attempt to get the rights to film the book.

Last two movies I've seen was Demons and Demons 2.

First one is a lot better, although they're both enjoyable (and both contain the flaw (IMO) of being internally inconsistent in how the demons are handled), but the theater setting gives a nice claustrophobic feel to the preceedings while the high-rise setting of the second film isn't used very well at all.

Edited by Amentep

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Hitman - It was odd. It wasn't terrible from an action movie standpoint. I think it needed to either distance itself fully from the video game (like instead on Agent 47, it's some other guy) or get rid of all emotion and the whole girl scene stuff. It just didn't seem to know what it wanted to be. Timothy Olyphant is also a favorite actor of mine, but he didn't pull off Agent 47 at all.

Ignoring the video game entirely, it was like a poor man's version of the Bourne series. I guess I'd give it a D+. Not unwatchable, but not terribly good.

I just saw hitman also.

The girl scenes did seem awkward, and him looking at that mag was odd too. Then stabbing her neck with the needle. It would have been better if she was just a professional killer. I wish they focused more on his past too, ohwell. I can always go back to the games. Hitman Bloodmoney was a sweet game, I highly recommend it! :)

I was also forced to watch Enchanted.

I actually thought it was entertaining. It was so akward it made me cringe and laugh at the same time. Over all I thought it was funny how they contrasted the cartoons and reality. Pretty good date movie.

Always outnumbered, never out gunned!

Unreal Tournament 2004 Handle:Enlight_2.0

Myspace Website!

My rig

Dragonlance: Dragons of Autumn Twilight (2008) - Except for the bad/terrible voice work, mediocre music, and less than average cheesy 70's style animation, not a bad adaptation. 5/10

The Green Mile (1999) Good Flick, exceptional acting. Me likey 8/10

To any one that cares, they are showing the first 3 Alien movies on Encore this evening starting at 8:00 p.m. PDT Back to back to back

Thats funny, the voice cast and music are generally the only thing people like about that Dragonlance movie. They were certainly the only things I praised.

Last movie I saw was Apocalypto. Not bad, but he would have died horribly of infection and internal bleeding.

Also: http://movies.ign.com/articles/863/863492p1.html

IGN's april fools joke was rather awesome.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Shoot 'Em Up (2007) - Delivers what it promises. Silly, OTT, action flick. Both Clive Owen and Paul Giamatti did a good job and of course Monica Bellucci is always nice to look at. :thumbsup:

Works well if taken as a spoof of other more "serious" action films. I had a blast and the 86 minutes flew by. 7.5/10

IGN's april fools joke was rather awesome.

That is was, although it was sort of obvious in retrospect - but then, I guess a lot of games have been made into movies lately (id est Hitman, Dungeons and Dragons, and Dungeon Siege).

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Knocked Up. Again. I still laugh my ass off at the pink eye scene and all the stoner humor, but I never realized how plastic the hawt chicks belly looked. It needed more stretch marks.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

25 Most Controversial Movies?

1. Natural Born Killers

2. Midnight Cowboy

3. The Last Temptation of Christ

4. Birth of a Nation

5. Song of the South

6. Last Tango in Paris

7. Pink Flamingos

8. JFK

9. South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut

10. A Clockwork Orange

11. Titicut Follies

12. Dogma

13. Cruising

14. Fahrenheit 9/11

15. The Passion of the Christ

16. Caligula

17. Triumph of the Will

18. Requiem for a Dream

19. Deep Throat

20. The Devils

21. Crash (1996)

22. The Message

23. Baby Doll

24. The Cook, the Thief, His Wife & Her Lover

25. The Brown Bunny

I have seen 5 and have 0 in my collection, what about you?

Re-watched Memento last night. It funny how the story hinges on loss of memory, cuz it's one of those movies where I can never keep all the details and twists and turns straight. Wish that would happen to me when I play Torment. Ah well... also saw the trailer for Hellboy 2. It looks like it will be fun. ;)

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

25 Most Controversial Movies?

1. Natural Born Killers

2. Midnight Cowboy

3. The Last Temptation of Christ

4. Birth of a Nation

5. Song of the South

6. Last Tango in Paris

7. Pink Flamingos

8. JFK

9. South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut

10. A Clockwork Orange

11. Titicut Follies

12. Dogma

13. Cruising

14. Fahrenheit 9/11

15. The Passion of the Christ

16. Caligula

17. Triumph of the Will

18. Requiem for a Dream

19. Deep Throat

20. The Devils

21. Crash (1996)

22. The Message

23. Baby Doll

24. The Cook, the Thief, His Wife & Her Lover

25. The Brown Bunny

I have seen 5 and have 0 in my collection, what about you?

I've seen 10 and own 4.

Also, while I thought American History X was great, I didn't think it was particularly controversial.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

It was great reading about all those movies Kelverin. I show The Message every year in class, so I was pretty shocked to hear how controversial it was in 1977. It even got the approval of the University of Cairo, you'd think those pesky terrorists could let it go with taking hostages and shooting a mayor.