Movies you have seen lately

SteveThaiBinh

I watched Conan the Barbarian this morning. This film still holds up fairly well after all these years, although some of the special effects seem a little dated now. I'm currently making my way through Conan the Destroyer, but I'm breaking it up into sections on account that it's so damn cheesy and predictable. Although Olivia D'Abo = hawt, Grace Jones = not.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

I watched Conan the Barbarian this morning. This film still holds up fairly well after all these years, although some of the special effects seem a little dated now. I'm currently making my way through Conan the Destroyer, but I'm breaking it up into sections on account that it's so damn cheesy and predictable. Although Olivia D'Abo = hawt, Grace Jones = not.

Go for Red Sonja after...

I watched The Mist. 9/10

I was pretty angry at this film for it's ending for at least a couple of hours, then I realized how strong the ending was because it gave me the strongest emotional reaction to a film that I've ever had (and it was for content, not quality). I don't know if I could do that to a character that I had been with throughout writing the story.

Not a 10/10 because I thought there was some untapped potential, but still an EXCELLENT flick. And I say that word with "Bill and Ted" type enthusiasm.

Edited by TrueNeutral

Another old film: To Die For, w/Nicole Kidman. I'd forgotten how enjoyable the movie is to watch. It's not a belly-laugh film, but a good piece of satirizing America's unending fascination with crime in media.

Also rented I Am Legend. Great special effects and atmosphere - loved seeing the overgrown/untended NY - but mostly a big snore. Maybe I was expecting more action than the movie actually gives you and should watch it again with less expectations in that area. Oh...that one 'zombie' male they kept showing ... every time he opened his mouth to do a CGI zombie scream, all I could think about was the mummy's water/sand/dust cloud open-mouthed faces in The Mummy Returns. Heh.

Haha, thats what I pictured.

I am Legend was pretty boring for me too. Please Will Smith or whoever is responsible, stop making mediocre movies out of excellent books. I Robot was enough. Just stop. Please stop.

Great...now all editions of I am Legend will have Will Smith's image plastered over them. :grin:

I watched Predator over the weekend. Still fun after all these years.

To be fair, the movie I, Robot was never intended to be an adaption of the Asimov book (and in fact, is more like the Eando Binder (Earl and Otto Binder) short story, I, Robot that was the first part of the Adam Link, Robot series; Asimov wanted his book to be named Mind and Iron anyhow). The movie was an original script (called Hardwired); it was only after the studio optioned the spec script that it grafted the Asimov connection to the film (as it owned the option on the novel).

I AM LEGEND started off strong but goes all wrong as it goes on (and diverges from the novel further and further...)

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I'm pretty sure that, if you aren't a fan of Will Smith, it's a bit silly to go to one of his movies and expect to like. Fortunately I really enjoy Will Smith as an actor, and soI enjoyed pretty much every movie he has done. Even Hitch.

Just finished watching Shoot 'Em Up. One of the funnest action romps I've seen in a long while. Its a rather absurd movie, but thats part of its charm.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Watched THE HEAD, low budget German Horror film from the producer of The Horror of Spider Island. Silly film - possibly poorly re-edited in English as certain sequences seem to be out of order.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Jason and the Argonauts & The Wizard of Oz.

Sometimes I love the Turner Classic Movie channel.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I had a phase of "Leone" this weekend. Bear in mind, i haven't watched these movies since i was a little kid on a 14" TV on a VHS. This time around, it was the extended editions on DVD, played on the PS3, upscaling them to 1080i to my HDTV, and add Dolby Digital 5.1 sound theatre for the sound:

- A Fistfull of dollars - 8/10: Good story, the cinematography is beautiful to say the least.

- For a Few Dollars More - 9/10: Better characters and story this time around. The "bad" guy was well written and acted. The end duel was breathtaking.

- The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly - 10/10: The whole movie is a pure bliss, basically excellent on all areas: Characters, music, direction and cinematography. If someone asks "what makes movies art?". Then just show them the last 30 minutes, starting from when Tuco finds and runs into the cemetary to the ending duel. This is a movie that anyone should watch. I thank you Leone and Morricone *hats off*

- Once upon a Time in the West - 9/10: Of all the previous ones, this one has the best intro. Just see it to believe it. Sadly, it suffers from some irregularities in the story progression. However, Henry Fonda makes up for it, being a perfect bad-ass villain.

Edited by Meshugger

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Guest The Architect

Insomnia.

If you're suffering from it, then watch this movie.

Not really. It's pretty good.

Edited by The Architect

The Mist. I wouldn't really call this show scary or anything, but I was still pretty entertained throughout. Some of those larger cgi monsters looked imposing, while the smaller ones, notsomuch. I found the ending to be pretty interesting.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

I Am Legend (With Alternate Ending :brows: )

It was kind of stupid to try to talk to those things. After all, you tried to kill all of them.

Everybody, is dead!

Book so much better it's not even funny.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.