Movies you have seen lately

SteveThaiBinh

I Am Legend. Movie was pretty sweet imo. It had some things I liked and some things I didn't like. But let's get right down to it. Will Smith, greatest actor ever or almost greatest actor ever becuase Edward Norton is pretty insanely awesome as well? All Will Smith movies come with the complimentary 2 minutes of how much of a man hunk he is and gawd I wish I had a bod like that, completely hetero btw.

I liked that the film was realistic, in an emotional sense. The explanation of how the virus spread was perfectly fine to me and pretty rational, I like how the majority of humanity just died, instead of every single person being infected and could be spread through the air, unlike 28 days/weeks later which viral spreading was pretty stupid. But I digress, emotionally Neville is insane, frightened, and extra crazy and determined about his work, which is realistic and explains his actions towards the end of the film.

What I wasn't too fond of is the vampires. I've read that in the book the vampires have some form of consciousness and in the film they do somewhat but what I have problem with is the super human strength/speed/over 9 thousand micheal jordan on roids jumping. The design for the vampires was a tad awkward but I was fine with it. As for the end I wasn't a big fan but I wasn't exactly pissed either, which is quite surprising actually. Probably becuase it was spoiled for me. Either way he could have just waited and thrown it down and left with them.

Besides all that stuff, the story was cool but a tad shallow (but hey its an action movie and like less than 2 hours long). All in all I give it....<Drum Roll>

8.5 Walshingham's black lungs that lead to viral infection resulting in 99% of the world dying and/or turning into zombies out of 10

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

8.5 Walshingham's black lungs that lead to viral infection resulting in 99% of the world dying and/or turning into zombies out of 10

Ironically, I'd still have friends, because so many of them love zombie movies.

I've read the book, and frankly, as the author said in a recent interveiw "Why does Hollywood bother to buy the rights to books when it ignores them?"

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

- "No Country for old Men" 9/10. Simply an excellent movie. Even without a sountrack, the movie kept me on its toes. Coen brothers have yet not dissapointed me.

- "Superbad" 7/10. Suprisingly good, even though the two cops stole the show.

- "Pan's Labyrinth" 9/10. Probably the best film of 2006, the oscar should've gone to this movie instead of The Departed.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Fool's Gold

Not as bad as believed it would be.

Very funny in some places but chemistry between the two main characters is practically non-existant.

It has some great secondary characters though, including Ray Winstone which I'm really starting to like a lot.

Donald Sutherland is completely wasted and looks bored out of his mind in a little sub-plot with his daugther that just seemed kinda creepy...

The treasure hunt is actually pretty good in this film, they have maps and old stuff with boats and scuba gear etc. Reminded me of Romancing the Stone a bit.

It's a fun film.

7/10

Hey, where did my post about Dexter go? Anyway, I've watched all of Season 2 and I'm not really sure how I feel about the character now.

By the end of it I actually kind of liked Doakes, and really didn't want to see him die, although I suppose there was really no way he was going to survive. Dexter might not have killed him, but he's definitely responsible for his death, and it just seemed wrong to see Dex so joyful at the end. At least at the end of S1 you could sympathize do to the death of his brother but here you get nothing.

I really looking forward to season 3, provided it avoids the craptitude of the latest novel.

Dragonlance: Dragons Of Autumn Twilight. Not bad if you're a fan of the books, I guess, but aside from that there's not a lot to this movie. The animation is a little sketchy. This show seemed a little too Saturday morning cartoonish for me.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Apacalypse now redux 10-10 bet movie iv'e sean in years

great use of ironic music to give the fill an offsetting feeling.

This quality i find is the best way any otherway would be too much an audience to take

Your not all ways being honest when your telling the truth.

Everything slows down when water's around.

Into the Wild - Made me want to pack my bags and go hiking...

Until the end.

Then I changed my mind.

9/10

Rambo - Yes, Rambo. From reviews I thought it would be bloodier. The last ten minutes are true carnage rarely seen on film but somehow I was expecting even more. After seeing a few heads pop in gory detail I was used to it. Sad.

It's a depressing film I thought with the final ending coming way too fast(Rambo guts a guy, looks at the survivors/CUT/Rambo is home at last). Overall I enjoyed it. But more of a rental.

7/10

GI Joe miniserie "The Mass Device" - Awesome.

9/10

Be Kind Rewind - funny and heartwarming. I enjoyed it, thought it was pretty clever. Mos Def and Jack Black always entertain me, though, so if you don't care for either then you probably won't like it.

The Wicker Man - I tivo'd it and then fast forwarded through a few parts. It was awkwardly directed, and I think the story and cast probably could have pulled of a decent flick if it weren't for the bad directing. It was just terrible in the dialogue department, it really felt like Nicholas Cage and whoever he was interrogating were speaking different languages.

Stardust - It had been awhile since I read the book, but I was happy enough with the changes made in the film. I thought it was pretty charming. It wasn't fantastic, but it kept my interest and Claire Danes looked great. It did seem a bit torn about whether to be a children's movie or an adult fantasy. I wish they gave the dead brothers more screen time.

Guest The Architect

Once Upon A Time In America

An epically awesome gangster movie that's almost 4 hours long! The film was split into two discs so after the first I took a break for about half an hour before watching the second disc. If you have no beef with very long movies, and you just love a good gangster flick like me, I recommend this.

No Country For Old Men - 7/10

I would give it a higer score than that, but the ending really annoyed me. I felt like the Coen Brothers left me hanging with no good resolution. I mean, I like open to interpretation as much as the next pretentious critic-wannabe does, but this one, I just felt it went too far with it. I mean, the tension was building up great, and bang, suddenly the guy who seemed to me to be pretty much the main character is dead? From that point the movie just seemed to fall apart for me, following that up with a whole crapload of even more infuriatingly open-ended scenes.

Aliens vs. Predator 2: Requiem - 6/10

I know this score is actually much too high, because honestly, it really isn't a good movie. Bland, uninteresting characters, almost no discernable plot to speak of and a desperate need for a bigger budget so they could afford a freaking spotlight. This is basically a high budget, sci-fi slasher flick. But you know what? The trailer had me expecting that anyway. What I didn't expect was that there would be a lot of these really cool touches and scenes peppered throughout. So really, I got a better movie than I expected.

Apacalypse now redux 10-10 bet movie iv'e sean in years

great use of ironic music to give the fill an offsetting feeling.

This quality i find is the best way any otherway would be too much an audience to take

Excellent choice :* Worth evey praise it gets.

Once upon a Time in America

...and another excellent choice!

How this movie didn't get the best movie award at the Oscar's (Went to Amadeus) is beyond me.

Edited by Meshugger

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

The Matchstick Men: I've had mixed feelings about Nicolas Cage. I mean the dude was in Face Off, The Rock, and a few other movies that were quite awesome when I was just a young lad. However, with movies like National Treasure, Next, Ghost Rider, etc, how are you supposed to respect someone like that? But this movie was quite good in my opinion. It was playing on cable and I missed the begining but I'm pretty sure I came in early enough so that I didn't miss anything too important and Cage did pretty well playing his character. The story was fresh, the characters and acting were very good, and I honestly can say there was nothing about the movie that I didn't like as far as I can remember.

8.5 prison inmate beatings because you inappropriately touched your hot loli daughter out of 10 except she was like 24 in the movie so it's all natural yeah buddy.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Once Upon A Time In America

An epically awesome gangster movie that's almost 4 hours long! The film was split into two discs so after the first I took a break for about half an hour before watching the second disc. If you have no beef with very long movies, and you just love a good gangster flick like me, I recommend this.

Good flick if you have not seen C'era una volta il West (Once Upon a Time in the West) I highly recommend that, same director, better film. If you don't mind westerns that is.

How this movie didn't get the best movie award at the Oscar's (Went to Amadeus) is beyond me.
I thought Amadeus was a great film, however they tore this film apart (took out about an hour and a half) when it was first released, the film that opened that year barely resembles the 4 hour masterpiece. It is a fascinating story, look it up.

The Matchstick Men: I've had mixed feelings about Nicolas Cage. I mean the dude was in Face Off, The Rock, and a few other movies that were quite awesome when I was just a young lad. However, with movies like National Treasure, Next, Ghost Rider, etc, how are you supposed to respect someone like that?

You should try Bringing Out the Dead. I think you'd like it and it's a class Nicholas Cage film.

I just got back from watching Cloverfield. I'd like to be generous, because it tried to do a number of good things.

1. no sappy ending.

2. no explanations of the bigbad.

3. some nice destruction shots

4. Some really creative camera-work to make the best of a low budget

But there were several things that went horribly wrong:

1. I was expecting to get tired of the camera work, but I felt really ill at several points. There was no need to have it ALL shot badly. In fact I thought it detracted from the drama of some points.

2. I loathed and despised all the characters except the cameraman. Particularly the spoiled rich kids. Mainly because...

3. Disaster movies are supposed to have panicky imbeciels in them. But define the entire film around panicky imbeciles?

This may be why the Army let them go after their friend, rather than forcing them to evacuate as ordered. There is no way a staff sergeant in a crisis is going to let a snotty kid tell him what is going to happen. He'd have punched him and tossed him in a humvee. Therefore I can only conclude that the Army hated them also and opted to see them wander off and be eaten.

Lessons learned:

1. If you live in Manhattan, you should practice evacuating the city at least once a week.

2. Ideally, when visiting Manhattan, carry an emergency radio, first aid kit, crowbar, and life vest AT ALL TIMES.

If someone tells you three options, and all of them involve dying horribly THINK OF SOME MORE GODDAMN OPTIONS

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Shoot em up. I had heard this movie was good from someone who only a few days ago I thought I could trust. I wasn't too impressed. I'm a mild fan of Clive Owen and he did a fine job but I suppose this movie just wasn't for me. I'm not a huge fan of over the top action and this was no short of being ridiculous but even so there were other problems. They tried to introduce backgrounds of the characters in horribly action cliche ways that were entirely retarded and unwarranted. I can understand that this movie was a parody of action movies but it just wasn't funny or all that awesome. Blood splatter and crazy gun shot wounds were cool but for the most part it was just all over the place and not awesome.

6.5/10 - Needed more bewbies and less trying to satirize action movies.

Justice League - The New Frontier . Going into this flick I was a little afraid after seeing quite a few lackluster animated comic movies. But I found this to be a decent take on the Silver Age of DC superheroes. Worth a rental, at least compared in relation to its competition.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.