Movies you have seen lately

SteveThaiBinh

Finished Season #1 of Rome. Most excellent :thumbsup:

Now I just have to wait until I can get my hands on the second season. I'll probably watch a lot of the extra material on the dvds while waiting.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Cloverfield

As some have said, I didn't get too attached to the characters either so I more or less cared about what was happening to them.

As a fake-home-movie film though I thought it was very well done. Better than Blair Witch, although Clover is less about horror and more about suspense which would've been so much better if the characters were more fleshed out.

I wished we knew more of the creature.

8/10

Alien 4 Resurrection - Directors Cut

It could have been so good... :sad:

Cool characters, interesting story, decent production values, aliens, Sigourney Weaver, Ron Perlman... how can you possibly go wrong?

To whoever did the casting and added Winona Ryder to the cast: "ARGHHH!!!! What the heck were you thinking?!?". She was so completely out of place in that movie (with all the acting skills of a dead fish), that I think she singlehandedly managed to ruin it for me. The casting person should be sentenced to 24 months of forced labour as an assistant to Uwe Boll. No less can do it. :(

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I'm wondering if anyone has seen the Blue Harvest movie. I just rented it and loved it.

Apparently, it is a compact version of Season 1 of Family Guy: Blue Harvest (which I haven't seen yet).

I'm not normally one for toilet humor, but, combined with the Star Wars motif, I was laughing my ass off.

I'd highly recommend it.

I just saw The Kingdom actually very taut film, with enough of a plotline and outside significance that I was interested, but no so much it became another Syriana. Eminently enjoyable. 8/10

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I can tell you what I didn't see all the way through: Juno.

I can also tell you what I did: Kyle XY.

I hate myself so much, sharpened blades and cyanide, etc.

Eh?

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Well, how was it, Bales? Lots of Jenn XX?

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

War - An action movie with Jet Li and Jason Statham. It was very enjoyable, great action and Statham is always enjoyable to watch (except maybe in the Dungeon Siege movie.) It wasn't high art, but it was fairly dark for this type of film. If you are looking for a decent run and gun flick, this will fit the bill.

Season 1 of Dexter, moving on to season 2.

Get ready for some pure unadulterated extreme awesome. Especially in the middle.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

"Juno"

Probably the most pretentious, hipster "har-har, look how clever dialogue we have"-film that i've seen in a long time. This movie was so full of itself that nothing was interesting about it. One-dimensional characters? You got it! Uninteresting dialogue? You got it? Most over-rated movie of 2007? You got it!

What the hell was Hollywood thinking?

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Torchwood. Pure undiluted insanity. If you thought The Core had some mad science and suppositions then you may not have the guts to stomach Torchwood.

-Elwood Blues

A Night on Roxbury. Awesome movie from the SNL skit.

Did you just grab my ass? I mean thats cool because you're a chick right........right? :'(

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

3:10 to Yuma.

Great movie... up until the last 20 minutes. I was extremely pissed and depressed at such a cheap and horrible ending. Haven't been this mad at a movie since the Departed.

Why do producers think killing off everyone of your characters is a nice ending? It's cheap and makes the viewer feel ripped-off.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

3:10 to Yuma.

Great movie... up until the last 20 minutes. I was extremely pissed and depressed at such a cheap and horrible ending. Haven't been this mad at a movie since the Departed.

Why do producers think killing off everyone of your characters is a nice ending? It's cheap and makes the viewer feel ripped-off.

Not sure if you are aware of it, but this a remake from 1957, not sure how faithful it is to the original though.

Dexter is really awesome!

also, he's incredibly lucky.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

AI Artificial Intelligence

Some excellent imagery, and surprisingly some excellent thoughts.

Most Bonkers Ending Ever.

-Elwood Blues