Movies you have seen lately

SteveThaiBinh

went to see national treasure right before xmas. good, at least entertaining, but not as much so as the first.

watched the newest harry potter movie the other night. i'm kicking myself for not waiting for the HD version since i don't have any HD player yet (dish is alternating several movies in and out of HD). outstanding either way, IMO.

we watched the transformers before we had HD and it was pretty cool, too. i'm thinking blu-ray is going to win, so i'm probably going to get a blu-ray player soon...

taks

comrade taks... just because.

Hm, the latest Harry Potter film didn't really seem so good to me, too much stuff in too little time, while still much was left out that would've been nice or interesting, important even...

I wanted to watch the rest of In The Woods, but they've taken it off youtube. Sucks, because there was no other way I could find to get to a copy of that :) So I've seen The Cooler on TV instead. Nobody plays a likeable loser like William H. Macy.

Edited by samm

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority

I'm watching King Kong (2005), it was an hour in when I started watching, but that's good because the first hour was boring as crap.

Haha, so true. I always skip the first hour.

Hm, the latest Harry Potter film didn't really seem so good to me, too much stuff in too little time, while still much was left out that would've been nice or interesting, important even...

See, I only read book five after I saw the movie, and honestly, I thought the movie captured the important things in the book quite well, even if a lot of things were switched around and left out (I'd wager to say that, if I were to make this movie, I would do it roughly the same way). And some of it was done much better in the movie.

Personally, I think the only movie that so far wasn't better than the book was Goblet of Fire. I don't really like J.K. Rowling's writing style too much, though. If it reads like filler, is structured like filler and pays off like filler, it must be filler.

Edited by TrueNeutral

I saw Cloverfield. I really enjoyed it. However, if you're the type that's sensitive to the handcam style (like was in Blair Witch), then you'll probably experience what you experienced there.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I saw Cloverfield. I really enjoyed it. However, if you're the type that's sensitive to the handcam style (like was in Blair Witch), then you'll probably experience what you experienced there.

So is it Godzilla or no?

That would be a resounding sorta. :blink:

Saw Sweeney Todd last night. I thought it was well made and well acted but the song lyrics were awful.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Well that's good. I heard a rumor that it was giant spiders, which would be dumb

*cough*

There are smaller spider like creatures as well. About 3/4 the size of a full grown person. You see them fall off the big monster in one scene and there is another encounter with them later on where you get to see them up close.

*cough*

So is it Godzilla or no?

That would be a resounding sorta. :thumbsup:

...ta clarify what Deraldin be alludin' ta, the Big Daddy in Cloverfield shares alot o' the concepts that the original Gojira was idealized as, that bein' "somewhat o' a cross 'tween a Gorilla & a Whale"...dunna wanna spoil anythin' 'bout this incredible movie, jus' be assured that if'n yer tired o' the same ol' Monster Movie plot an' be lookin' fer that genre-redefinin' fresh take o' what it'd be like fer the "meat fillers" o' a MM durin' the chaos, THIS be yer movie...an' see it in theatres; this baby belongs on the big screen!!...

...WHO LUVS YA, BABY!!...

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way

Well that's good. I heard a rumor that it was giant spiders, which would be dumb

*cough*

There are smaller spider like creatures as well. About 3/4 the size of a full grown person. You see them fall off the big monster in one scene and there is another encounter with them later on where you get to see them up close.

*cough*

Yeah, I read on wiki what happens when one of the small monsters bites you. Sounds like a good flick but "shakey cam" pisses me off.