NHL

SteveThaiBinh

I'm surprised he's even in the running to be honest

Yep, this year it's clearly a two horse race. Brodeur has the slightly better stats, but Nabokov has more wins. Granted, he played more games, but I'm not sure if that's a plus or minus. But I'm biased toward my hometown goalie, so I really can't say who deserves it fairly.

Lundqvist had a great season, and I definitely don't discount his ten shutouts. I just think it's probably going to come down to the two goalies who managed to gain 40 wins. I also think the Rangers are an extremely strong defensive team. They kept the shots down all season, but so did the Sharks and the Devils. I suppose it could be any one of them.

One thing that rubs me the wrong way is home teams that boo the opposing countries national anthem. Like Montreal does a lot.

Yeah, I was pretty embarrassed that San Jose did that to Edmonton a couple years ago. Of course, those folks were pretty much called out in the newspaper (at least the section that booed was) and I haven't heard anything disrespectful since. Their was also a bit of confusion, because they had put Chris Pronger up on the jumbotron during the Canadian anthem and I think people were more booing him.

Nominees for the Norris were released today, and it should be - once again - Niklas Lidstrom winning it. The numbers in this case simply don't lie. 70 points, +40, on the top team, and on the best defensive team as well. Slam dunk despite the good years both Phaneuf and Chara had.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

So this years' winner of the Norris Trophy is Nik Lidstrom, again The NHL released the finalists for the Norris today, and it looks like Lidstrom will again get the nod against Chara and Celine Dion Phaneuf.

I'd swap out Phaneuf for Gonchar, personally.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Great. Two of my predictions fell in the last game of the first round. I'm too pissed to count right now but I'm assuming I got like.. 2/8 or something right.

Too bad about the Caps. Now I'm not really interested in any other team. I hate when I don't care who wins the Stanley Cup!

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Roenick was on fiyah tonight!

The matchups for round two look pretty interesting. I wonder if the Detroit / Colorado series will be as nasty as the ones from the a decade or so ago.

edit:and for some strange reason, I can see Philly taking Montreal to seven games

Edited by Kor Qel Droma

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.