NHL

SteveThaiBinh

Great, Ottawa sweeped in the first round. I'm 0/1 in my predictions so far and it's not looking good in my other predictions either :ermm:

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

"Poor little baby Avery. Afraid of the press!"

He has more important things to do - annoy the heck out of Marty "Crybaby Flopface" Brodeur. L0L

The media is irrelevant. Yous ee, Avery is smart. The press tries to do what Avery does to his opponents - annoy them until they say and do something stupid. Avery is smart. He knows what the Press wants, and he avoids giving them some good dirt... except on HIS terms.

Avery is just too damn ssssswwwwwweeeeeeeeettttttttt!!!!!!

The more people whine about him; the better he and the Rangers get.

HAHAHAHA!!

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

HAHAHAHA!!

How about lowering the volume of the confrontational attitude a bit? One could think you were trying to pull an "Avery" on this thread :ermm:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

"How about lowering the volume of the confrontational attitude a bit? One could think you were trying to pull an "Avery" on this thread"

Heh. Okay, I will. I just hope others will stop their personal attacks as well.

Still, the main thing is this: Rangers up 3-1!

P.S. Why isn't anyone talking about Broduer's fish flopping antics or the goonery of wacking/slashing of Lundqvist's stick (illegal) that led directly to a goal? Hmmm... Talk about unsportsmanlike...

Edited by Volourn

Ottawa shouldn't feel so bad. They still did better than Toronto. And at the end of the day, isn't that all that really matters to them?

If it wasn't for that 15-2 run at the beginning of the season, they probably would have had Stamkos...

P.S. Why isn't nayone tlaking about Broduer's fish flopping antics or the goonery of wacking/slashing of Lundqvist's stick (illegal) that led directly to a goal? Hmmm... Talk about unsportsmanlike...

Because only one person here has been watching the New York/New Jersey games? :ermm:

But, they sure were watching when Avery had his fun skooling Broduer, the Devils, and the NHL with his old skool innovation of awesomeness in Game 3.

In 2008, Avery > Broduer

I wonder what kind of changes are going to be made in Ottawa during the offseason. They still need to do something with Ray Emery. I hope he doesn't end up in Edmonton, althought the team does need an enforcer... :teehee:

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

But, they sure were watching when Avery had his fun skooling Broduer, the Devils, and the NHL with his old skool innovation of awesomeness in Game 3.

You didn't need to watch the game to see that. It was on TSN non-stop for about two days. If you had seen any NHL coverage the day after that was pretty much all that was talked about.

Ottawa should have stuck with Emery.

w/ Emery = Finals

w/o Emery = sweep in first round

Ottawa got what they deserved.

I disagree. Ottawa's problems in the first round didn't really have anything to do with Gerber. Gerber played well for the most part and was at times the best Senator on the ice. Ottawa's problem was that they couldn't score. A shutout, 2 one goal games and a three goal game.

I watched the Ottawa games. Except for game 3, they were badly outplayed. Gerber was solid, he didn't make any huge mistakes (that I saw). But the skill of Hossa, Crosby and Malkin combined were just too much for Ottawa to handle. And it didn't exactly help that Alfredsson tried to play injured. He was a shadow of his true self in this series. I'm very surprised to see them being swept like this though. Pittsburgh is a young team and I really thought they'd make more mistakes than they did. Also, I thought Alfredsson would be back in time for this series (which he was, but still injured) and that Ottawa's play-off experience would carry them through this series. I guessed wrong.

In 2008, Avery > Broduer

Avery's actions were all over the highlights.

Minnesota and Colorado are playing like madmen right now! But it looks like Minnesota are somewhat sharper overall. We'll see.

I'm seriously going to go 0/8 in my predictions. ALL "my" teams are on the verge of being ousted! Amazing.. Ok, maybe 1/8.

Must explain their loss. LOL

Does 40-17 in shot advantage for Minnesota tell you anything..? Watch the game at least before spouting your nonsense.

TSN POLL

What has been the biggest head-scratcher so far in the playoffs?

Lack of scoring from Ovechkin - 14%

Defending champion Ducks struggling - 32%

Spezza and Heatley combine for 2 points - 29%

Martin Brodeur looks human - 12%

The Canadiens' power play - 10%

Hasek not so dominant - 1%

29% of voters are easily confused.

Hockey in Montreal is either great or horrible and last night was a total crap fest.

I can't wait to hear what the analysts will say about this terrible turn of events. One of the best known and trusted sports analysts in the province was saying, before the game, that if Montreal scores first they would win 4-1 or 5-2...