NHL

SteveThaiBinh

That's a great post, Krezack.

Anyhoo, what's up with the scoreboard being run up tonight? Buffalo scores ten goals, Calgary gets at least six, and Carolina spanks the Oilers for seven?

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

And the Leafs win their third straight. I should be cheering but I think it's too little, too late. We're still a long way from the playoffs.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I was at the Canucks/Kings game last night. Disappointing end but fun watch. Not Luongo's best night.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

5 points is a long way? WOWSERS!

Yes, because 5 points doesn't sound like much when you just say "5 points" like a moron. But if you realize that you have to out-pace the rest of the teams in the run for the playoffs by 5 points for the remainder of the season, the task at hand suddenly comes into a clearer view. The Leafs must keep winning. Not only that, they must keep winning at a more consistent pace than the rest of the teams.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

5 points still isn't 'a lot' no matter how kinky dink and insulkting you try to be. 5 points is a relatively small amrgin, and mostd efinitely isn't 'a lot'.

Then again, you are acting like Leaf fans are as used to losingas Rangers fans; but can't seem to handle it as well. L0L

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I dunno Volourn. It may be a bit early to say 5 points is too much, but I have to think back to last two seasons when the Leafs finished very strong, missing out on only a very small number of points over their last 20 games or so, and still missed the playoffs. Given the parity in the league anymore, 5 points is a lot at the lower end of the playoff bracket. That's without even mentioning the Leafs' utter lack of consistently decent play. Think I gotta go with Kor this time.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

I can't say I really follow the eastern conference that much, aside from my secondary team, Tampa :shifty: . But in the west, Edmonton has already played five games more than the teams that they're chasing.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

I can't say I really follow the eastern conference that much, aside from my secondary team, Tampa :shifty: . But in the west, Edmonton has already played five games more than the teams that they're chasing.

Of those currently sitting behind 8th in the East, Toronto currently has a game in hand on Atlanta, tied with Florida, is three games up on Washington and two games up on Buffalo. They are also two games up on everyone that is sitting in 4th through 8th place. Of the teams out of contention, Washington seems to be making a push as they have gone 7-2-1 in their last ten. Atlanta is the only other team not in contention to have made .500 in the past ten (4-4-2).

Edmonton has it a little tougher as they are currently 1-5 games ahead of the teams it is chasing and everyone of them except Vancouver and Chicago has been playing above .500 in the last ten.

Edited by Deraldin

I'd like to see the Penguins beat the Caps, just to prove that Crosby isn't their whole team. He's a great player, and their best player, but they've got some other talent on the team as well. It was also cool to see Malkin get the empty net to clinch the game the other night, he's a great player too who's in Crosby's shadow to often I think.

I think Malkin will be the best player of all three (Crosby, Ovechkin) in 5 years. He will put up as many points as they will 100-120 and he already is much better on defense.

Of course he'll have to take his place behind my man Vinny Lecavalier who will sit atop the league for the next 3 years or so! :D

If I had a favorite of the three, I'd have to go with Ovechkin. There's something about the way he tries to hit everyone on the ice that impresses me. Plus, he's got all those highlight reel goals.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Malkin's my favorite out of all of them, but you really can't compare Ovechkin and Crosby. Ovechkin can do it all himself, Crosby makes his teammates better, the kind of game they each play are in two different worlds. Malkin falls somewhere in between.

Edited by Krookie

Plus he and AO make like they're going to drop the gloves. Hahahaha. Both players had great games tonight, apparantley. From the highlights it looks like Malkin is a bull when he puts his head down. It's a good thing Scott Stevens is retired. And I still think that Sergei Gonchar is one of the top offensive defencemen in the league.

And I'd like to give a shout out to Pierre Marc Bouchard of the Minnesota Wild tonight. He netted me four points tonight against the Canucks. I'm glad to see he's moving on past his 'Oiler killer' phase and moving on to a new chapter, the 'Nucks killer'.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Ferguson Fired

And so the futile Ferguson era ends in T.O. Can't say I'm sorry to see him go, nope can't say that at all. I dunno what Fletcher will be able to accomplish in th short time he'll be with the team, but they have a long long way to go, to be a contender in the East again.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

I feel bad for Boston fans tonight. They were absolutely shelled by Montreal tonight. Final score was 8-2. Boston outshot Montreal 31 to 24, but most were from the outside with zero traffic. Montreal's checking line scored 13 seconds into the game and managed to score their 4th goal with 1.1 seconds left in the first.

Sympathy for Boston fans? L0L World series, likely to win the super bowl, possibly an NBA championship Boston fans? Sorry, but hard to feel pity for them.

This is the NHL thread. I'm talking about Bruins fans. The other sports can die off for all I care.

Qwerty: :shifty: