What are you playing now?

Darque

I'm playing Hellgate London. It's a fun game if you accept it as what it is: A successful Diablo clone.

A lot of my friends say it isn't too good and isn't too much like diablo at all. To me, it certainly doesn't look like Diablo at all.

Maybe it doesn't look like Diablo, but the gameplay is exactly the same, plus you have a Z-Axis now. :)

You got hubs, quest givers, teleporters, tons of l00t and items for upgrading... it really is exactly structured like Diablo. Even the areas are (sometimes) randomly generated, and I must say, the graphics are gorgeous (from an aesthetic point of view). It also plays quick, and has the "Just one quest before I quit" stance to it. To me, it is simply the best thing since Diablo 2. All these other clones (Titan Quest, Harbinger, Restricted Area, Legend etc.) are all crap.

Go for Hellgate if you're a Diablo fan! Although I must admit the slow start and "meh" at the beginning may give people a bad first impression.

I'm playing Hellgate London. It's a fun game if you accept it as what it is: A successful Diablo clone.

People say this kind of thing a lot. I'll never understand it. It's one thing to accept what something is, but to find it fun? What if they simply don't like Diablo?

If "they" don't like Diablo, they most prolly won't like Hellgate either. Duh.

Since there has been some talk on this particular forum about Icewind Dale, I decided to play it again.

Currently on the last level of Dragon's Eye, soloing with a Mage/Cleric and getting my ass kicked on a regular basis. Good Stuff!

I tried 4 char party on hard diff., but the cold wights are giving me a beating!

Well damn, Fireball spam!

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Still playing VMBL...

My female Malkav 'Malissa' (her outfits are just as wacky as the male malkavs apparantly) just managed to bungle the mission to infiltrate the Metalhead Industries warehouse for Mitnick. Time for a reload. Seriously, using obfuscate, there is *no* excuse for not completing that one :)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

A lot of my friends say it isn't too good and isn't too much like diablo at all. To me, it certainly doesn't look like Diablo at all.

Maybe it doesn't look like Diablo, but the gameplay is exactly the same, plus you have a Z-Axis now. >_<

You got hubs, quest givers, teleporters, tons of l00t and items for upgrading... it really is exactly structured like Diablo. Even the areas are (sometimes) randomly generated, and I must say, the graphics are gorgeous (from an aesthetic point of view). It also plays quick, and has the "Just one quest before I quit" stance to it. To me, it is simply the best thing since Diablo 2. All these other clones (Titan Quest, Harbinger, Restricted Area, Legend etc.) are all crap.

Go for Hellgate if you're a Diablo fan! Although I must admit the slow start and "meh" at the beginning may give people a bad first impression.

I believe the initial storm of bad press that Hellgate recieved was more because of major bugs. Has that been patched up well enough?

Maybe it doesn't look like Diablo, but the gameplay is exactly the same, plus you have a Z-Axis now. >_<

I believe the initial storm of bad press that Hellgate recieved was more because of major bugs. Has that been patched up well enough?

I started playing with 1.1b, and I haven't encountered any bugs. 1.2 is to be released for tomorrow, and Flagship continues to add items, monsters, features and areas with each new patch. The servers are also very fast, no lag for me either.

No, I play without any subscription.

Do you feel nerfed by it? I was interested in this game, but the payment model put me off without my actually having that much reserch on it.

I did freaking love Diablo 2 back in the day (it's hands down the best coop RPG out there).

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

Explain "nerfed".

Each patch release incorporates balancing fixes, new features (like in-game mail system, emoticons etc. in 1.2), new items etc. Major patches (Patch 2 to be next) incorporate whole new areas, quests, monsters etc. So I guess the support is pretty good, even for non-subscribers. Most technical bugs (mostly Vista related) have been squashed out already.

I myself did a lot Diablo2 Coop back in the days with my buddies, but currently I'm playing a solo MP game. Too many N00bs around.

Well, I heard that the only real way to get the 'full' experience out of the game was with the subscription, that content updates are only available to subscribers along with the quests to get the 'best' items.

Basically, has anything you havn't had access to been an issue?

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

People say this kind of thing a lot. I'll never understand it. It's one thing to accept what something is, but to find it fun? What if they simply don't like Diablo?

If "they" don't like Diablo, they most prolly won't like Hellgate either. Duh.

It was a rhetorical question. The point is that accepting it for what it is is not the biggest hurdle to overcome to like the game.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Lunar 2: Eternal Blue Complete

The last PSOne game I own that I never beat or gave up on. I even have the strategy guide. Best strategy guide ever made.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

More SoaSE - I'm trying a multi-star map with about fifty planets, and so far I've had no lag at all on either the PC with the P4 or the one with a C2D (I've tried the same map on both).

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

PC: Still playing S.T.A.L.K.E.R., trying to escape from the X18-bas was more difficult than i imagined.

Xbox360: Lost Odyssey, about 40hours in and on the third disc. The main bad guy laughs as Darth Malak :sad:

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

As stereotype comic-book villain as you can get. Don't worry, it's more like a comic relief than irritating.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy