What are you playing now?

Darque

What clan are you playing this time round? I just finished up a game with a Malk, and I might run through with either a Brujah or a Toreador soon.

Malkavian, female this time (my very first game was with a male Malkavian). I've since completed it with a Toreador, Tremere and Ventrue (all males) and a female Nosferatu (my all time favourite play-through). For some reason, Brujah and Gangrel just doesn't appeal very much to me :sad:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Well, Gangrels can be interesting to play -although I don't really like them either-, and it is hard to find a clan that can beat either one in a hand-to-hand brawl. If you ever did want to run through using only your fists, one of those two clans would be the one to choose. :lol:

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Well, Gangrels can be interesting to play -although I don't really like them either-, and it is hard to find a clan that can beat either one in a hand-to-hand brawl. If you ever did want to run through using only your fists, one of those two clans would be the one to choose. :)

I have considered it a few times. Just not sure what the deal is with giving in to your inner beast. Is it a downward spiral that you can't get out of again with the humanity losses and increasing berserk rages?

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I've been able to play through with relatively high humanity with both clans -of course Brujah does not have the issue you mentioned- and the "giving in" is more along the lines of becoming like a Nosferatu - a beast that should not be seen by the common humans. Gangrels do have the tendency to go berserk more often, depending on what powers you use, but if you figure out how to play them you can manage those. If you do decide to play one, I'll talk to a friend, who only plays as clan Gangrel, for some pointers and post those.

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

I've been able to play through with relatively high humanity with both clans -of course Brujah does not have the issue you mentioned- and the "giving in" is more along the lines of becoming like a Nosferatu - a beast that should not be seen by the common humans. Gangrels do have the tendency to go berserk more often, depending on what powers you use, but if you figure out how to play them you can manage those. If you do decide to play one, I'll talk to a friend, who only plays as clan Gangrel, for some pointers and post those.

That would be nice :)

Fired up NWN2 today for the first time since last August and was greeted by a few patches, and a new camera/controls system that threw me for a loop. However I got things back to the way I prefer them so all is well.

Performance has been improved quite a bit. I'm playing at 1920x1200 with character/environment shadows for the first time since the game's release, and still have more FPS than I had before (when I played at lower resolution). Also helps that I have a newer X-Fi sound card so 3D sound is more reliable. Still can't enable water reflection or FSAA without too much of a performance penalty. I've ordered MotB despite the "hunger" mechanic (AFAIK it can be disabled if I find it too annoying). Mostly looking forward to once again having control over who's in my party.

Spent most of the last week replaying Star Trek Elite Force, and playing for the first time Star Trek Elite Force II. One fun part of playing older games is I can crank up settings with nhancer for super AA and other stuff I couldn't have dreamed of doing on the computer I originally played them on. Had to disable stencil shadows in EF2 though; that game's got nothing on NWN2 when it comes to character shadows.

Was reading up on LucasArts' The Force Unleashed, which has some sweet gameplay elements, but alas is limited to console systems. People can contact LucasArts if they want to see a PC version, but it has to be done via the contact info on their site; they don't monitor their own forums. However, I don't want a PC version if it's just a lazy port from console and I end up having to deal with a gamepad-preferred interface.

Edit: added url for Force Unleashed site.

Edited by Wistrik

"Lies make the lord of battles cry."

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

"Lies make the lord of battles cry."

:D

Been there, done that.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

However, I don't want a PC version if it's just a lazy port from console and I end up having to deal with a gamepad-preferred interface.

agreed

that just reminds me of Deus Ex 2 *shudder*

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

Breath of Fire IV. I actually purchased this game back in 2000, but never made time for it. It doesn't seem (and common opinion seems to agree) to be as good as III (which I borrowed from a friend, so have no copy of my own), but it seems good.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

BoF4 was fun, but dragged on a bit. Fairly average by todays standards (save graphically) but still good fun.

It's especially dated now. One thing that is literally annoying me to hell and back is that each map is made angled, like X, but default left, right, up, and down are normal +. If you want to move along a path that follows the map's straight lines, you have to move at an angle. Which requires you to press and hold the d-pad at an angle or to use the oversensitive analog stick. Simply moving around the map is a chore. Maps should be made to go along with how the character moves. Not have one angled and the other not.

It's annoying enough that I'm considering playing Wild Arms instead and never touching this game again.

Bought a DS today. Playing Pokemon Diamond, anyone got any recommendations for any other games?

Ace Attorney, all 4 of them.

Edited by Tale

Yeah, I remember that being an issue too. BoF4 is the superior game to the original WA though, as much as I love WA3.

30 minutes ago I would have agreed with you. But I got to the woods with the traps. Where the paths are not only at angles that are a chore to move the character along, every 5 seconds they turn. Meaning I have to adjust the camera to even see where the character is going. Which is an idiotically slow process.

Thank god games have done away with moving characters according to a grid using direction keys and having to stop moving to adjust cameras.

Edited by Tale

hahahahaha, I remember that crap. Yeah.

Pretty much the only thing that carried me through the game was the relatively interesting (for the time, cirtainly) battle system which FFX later borrowed elements from.

Likewise, the thing that ultimately got me bored of WA was the completely mundane battle system.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

Bought a DS today. Playing Pokemon Diamond, anyone got any recommendations for any other games?

Lunar Knights

Zelda: Phantom Hourglass

Animal Crossing

Nintendogs

Castlevania games for the DS.

Ninja Gaiden Dragon Sword

Contra 4

Don't forget you can play GBA games on the DS too.

Lunar Knights

Zelda: Phantom Hourglass

Animal Crossing

Nintendogs

Animal Crossing sure is a addicting game. me and my girlfriend loved it. I hope they make a console sequel! :thumbsup:

Always outnumbered, never out gunned!

Unreal Tournament 2004 Handle:Enlight_2.0

Myspace Website!

My rig