What are you playing now?

Darque

You should try the Dragonlance series too. I used to love that as a kid. They were mostly about fighting hordes of really deadly enemies with your band of Knights. Still good games though. They also happened to have the best box-art ever in the history of mankind.

Sothinaction.JPG

The Savage Frontier games were pretty good as well.

And the Ravenloft Games and Dungeon Master ones, but that's a whole different genre altogether.

Edit: Goddamn bandwith-scrooges, can't link to Death Knights of Krynn gamebox, so that's the original art.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Finally beat Pool of Radiance. The last fight was nasty tough, not so much because of the dragon Tryanthraxus, but because of a hoard of lvl 8 fighters protecting him before the battle. I finally beat the encounter with only 1 surviving character.

Now to import to Curse of the Azure Bonds. :dancing:

Oh oh, I remember that fight! First you fought some lame dude that called himself Tyranithraxus.. and the game didn't end. I was like 15 years old or something and could not figure out what I had done wrong. I think it took me THREE YEARS to find that bloody hidden room with the real Tyranthraxus! And once I got in there it turns out all the evil aligned characters in my party betrays me and joins up with Tyranithraxus.. It was like.. 15 against three.

Best end fight ever! Unfortunately Curse of the Azure Bonds is not even half the game that Pool of Radiance is. Secret of the Silver Blades isn't nearly as well done either, even though the interface becomes better the longer the series continues. Pools of Darkness was OK though.

You should try the Dragonlance series too. I used to love that as a kid. They were mostly about fighting hordes of really deadly enemies with your band of Knights. Still good games though. They also happened to have the best box-art ever in the history of mankind.

981708602-00.jpg

I can imagine this game was truly brutal playing it when it first came out. I have the luxury of Gamebanshee to help anytime I get stuck. :) Of course, didn't Pool of Radiance come with a 'clue book' back in the day? I remember the years it took me to beat Kings Quest 2 and Space Quest 1 way back in my Tandy 1000 days. I got held up for months in Space Quest 1 due to typing an improper command. It was 'Put Jetpack On' instead of 'Put On Jetpack', or maybe it was vice-versa... been a long time.

I absolutly intend to try the Dragonlance series after I complete the Pool of Radiance series. I'm going on sort of a retro-replay phase, trying out all the old SSI D&D games I missed. The hardest part isn't so much accepting the older graphics, but getting along with the interface which requires you jump through a million hoops to do something as simple as pass items between party members.

Finally beat Pool of Radiance. The last fight was nasty tough, not so much because of the dragon Tryanthraxus, but because of a hoard of lvl 8 fighters protecting him before the battle. I finally beat the encounter with only 1 surviving character.

Now to import to Curse of the Azure Bonds. :dancing:

Oh oh, I remember that fight! First you fought some lame dude that called himself Tyranithraxus.. and the game didn't end. I was like 15 years old or something and could not figure out what I had done wrong. I think it took me THREE YEARS to find that bloody hidden room with the real Tyranthraxus! And once I got in there it turns out all the evil aligned characters in my party betrays me and joins up with Tyranithraxus.. It was like.. 15 against three.

Best end fight ever! Unfortunately Curse of the Azure Bonds is not even half the game that Pool of Radiance is. Secret of the Silver Blades isn't nearly as well done either, even though the interface becomes better the longer the series continues. Pools of Darkness was OK though.

981708602-00.jpg

I can imagine this game was truly brutal playing it when it first came out. I have the luxury of Gamebanshee to help anytime I get stuck. :) Of course, didn't Pool of Radiance come with a 'clue book' back in the day? I remember the years it took me to beat Kings Quest 2 and Space Quest 1 way back in my Tandy 1000 days. I got held up for months in Space Quest 1 due to typing an improper command. It was 'Put Jetpack On' instead of 'Put On Jetpack', or maybe it was vice-versa... been a long time.

I absolutly intend to try the Dragonlance series after I complete the Pool of Radiance series. I'm going on sort of a retro-replay phase, trying out all the old SSI D&D games I missed. The hardest part isn't so much accepting the older graphics, but getting along with the interface which requires you jump through a million hoops to do something as simple as pass items between party members.

If you get chance and haven't already I can highly recommend the bards tale series! Bare in mind though squared paper is advised.

Had I more time I'd do the same, though I suppose in way I play alot of retro stuff anyways, but usually it's shooters like r-type.

RS_Silvestri_01.jpg

"I'm a programmer at a games company... REET GOOD!" - Me

Deadrising for teh 360. My friends say its among the best 360 game available. Ive only made it to the mall so I dont know :)

Edited by Kaftan Barlast

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Wait...there is only the mall. That's it, a huge mall.

Well, there's some old maintenance tunnel and some canal, but otherwise you are only going to get a huge mall.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

A bit of JA2 (1.13) and Europa Universalis III (as Muscowy, now unified as Russia).

I think Paradox Interactives next game (EU III with a roman flavour) is very much on my look forward to list :-

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Still playing one of the best games ever in NHL 08. Am in Season 6, and am a dissapointing 6-5-2 despite a strong finish last year. Both Ovechkin, and my guy are doing awesome though as I'm actually in the top 5 for offense this because olf them (they are tied with crosby with 19 points thus far) when I'm usually in the bottom 5. O has 11 goals, and my guy has 16 assists. WOWSERS! My defense is poor thoguh as I'm giving up way too much shots for my poor goalies.

Still in the process of setting up my stats based on line elague. Going well as I almost have a full compliment of players, and have a forum set up for it.

I LOVE THIS GAME!!! :)

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Jumping around a bit. Breath of Fire IV, Silent Hill, and Metal Gear Solid. All from the PSOne.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Jumping around a bit. Breath of Fire IV, Silent Hill, and Metal Gear Solid. All from the PSOne.

I've got that beaten.

I currently (all have been played in the last 48 hours) have games going in

Super Mario Galaxy (61 stars and counting)

Zack and Wiki (Just picked this up today)

Command and Conquer 3 (Installed it again for my little brother and decided to take another run through myself)

Advance Wars: Days of Ruin (On the last mission of the campaign. I absolutely hate AOE attacks)

Phoenix Wright: Trials and Tribulations (Also purchased today)

Z&W and PW:T&T both had recent price drops so I figured now was as good a time as any to pick them up. :D

I've got that beaten.

I currently (all have been played in the last 48 hours) have games going in

Super Mario Galaxy (61 stars and counting)

Zack and Wiki (Just picked this up today)

Command and Conquer 3 (Installed it again for my little brother and decided to take another run through myself)

Advance Wars: Days of Ruin (On the last mission of the campaign. I absolutely hate AOE attacks)

Phoenix Wright: Trials and Tribulations (Also purchased today)

Z&W and PW:T&T both had recent price drops so I figured now was as good a time as any to pick them up. :D

I do that a lot. In fact, I almost put in Final Fantasy Tactics and Jeanne D'Arc as well, today. Only thing that stopped me was my vow to finish these older games before some newer ones.

Edited by Tale

I do that a lot. In fact, I almost put in Final Fantasy Tactics and Jeanne D'Arc as well, today. Only thing that stopped me was my vow to finish these older games before some newer ones.

I don't normally play this many games at once, but in the past 2 weeks I've picked up 7 games. Thankfully none of them was over $30 because of gift cards. On Thursday I have a copy of No More Heroes coming to me and I've just barely been able to hold the urge to buy Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn at bay. :sorcerer:

Edited by Deraldin

WoW. Put pvp on hold for a bit and finally started on getting my dragon mount. About that mount, it states that its 280% faster. Faster then what? A normal flying mount I would assume. Anyone know how much faster it is over an epic flyer?

Edited by Gfted1

Installan games!

Installing Devil May Cry 4. Got tired of Amazon's delays in shipping the game, so I went and bought it at 10% off from Circuit City and got a free $10 gift card to boot. Now upon checking, Amazon won't let me cancel, so I'm about to own two copies of the CE. Time to figure out if I should return it or if I should use it for a contest on another forum.

Edited by Tale

WoW. Put pvp on hold for a bit and finally started on getting my dragon mount. About that mount, it states that its 280% faster. Faster then what? A normal flying mount I would assume. Anyone know how much faster it is over an epic flyer?

its 280 faster than on foot.

I'm playing a little bit of wow and a little bit of DMC4

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.