Crashing after character creation

What are your system specs??? We need to know Your CPU (brand, model, and GHz), ram(amount, speed does not matter) , graphics card (make, model, and amount of memory, what drivers you are using{driver version number}), your OS (operating system XP or Vista) get us all or some of this information and we will be able to try and help you. If you can not locate this info we could take you step by step and try to help get it. Also did you update the game.

I'm going to bed so you might have to wait till tomorrow for a response.

Edited by mkg

Thanks for the reply. Its a pentium 3Ghz, 1024 ram, with a ATI FireGL V3100 128mb, running XP. And yeah, I'm all patched up. I'm guessing its probably something to do with the graphics card (which has an old driver (6.14.10.6476), but updating this is an issue, so I'm hoping someone has some other advice that doesn't involve this).

Cheers

Edited by Lysh

Have you tried turning off movies? The movies are what really strain your stystem. But I think your graphics card might only be 2d and not the requied 3d.

Your not all ways being honest when your telling the truth.

Everything slows down when water's around.

Okay a Driver for this is here. Here are some instructions to install them.

1. Download the driver (save it somewhere you will remember)

2. Click on the start menu

3. Click on control panel

4. Click on add and remove programs (it will take a might take a little time to get every thing loaded)

5. Find the Ati uninstall utility

6. Click uninstall (this will not remove the the utility just start it)

7. Go through the pop up window

8. Restart your computer (when your computer restarts the desktop may look blocky because windows will turn down the resolution so that any card will be able to run also windows will ask to find the driver click cancel)

9. Find where you saved the driver

10. Double click it and follow mainly click next through the hole thing.

11. Restart your computer

12. When the computer restarts right click the desktop

13. Click properties

14. Click settings

15. Drag the slider to the highest working resolution. (or which ever one you used previously.)

And that will update your driver. I think your card should run the game. On some forums I read that this solved the problem with alot of games.

Edit: if you want you can first go to System Requirements Lab and click this game and it will tell you if you can run it.

Edited by mkg

I did some research and I found out that your Driver number is 4.12 ( 6.14.10.6476 is the reference number) and was released in 12/13/04. That is more that three years ago and Kotor 2 came out 2/8/05. So that means that there is no way that driver will work, the game was still 2 months away from release. The one I gave the link for is 8.44 and was released on 12/20/07 and it should run the game. Hope it helps.

• 2 weeks later...

8. Restart your computer (when your computer restarts the desktop may look blocky because windows will turn down the resolution so that any card will be able to run also windows will ask to find the driver click cancel)

Okay, not sure this is really the place to ask it, guess I might have to find an ATI or windows forum, but thought I'd try here first! I tried to uninstall the old driver, but when I restart windows after removing it, it doesn't ask me about installing new drivers, but just automatically installs some old ones its already got lying around somewhere. And I'm having trouble finding out how to stop it. Any ideas?

Cheers.