Surfer Girl rumor on the games to be published by Sega

funcroc

http://softrockhallelujah.blogspot.com/200...ght-things.html

January eight things

2) Sega is publishing an action-RPG called The Dark Brotherhood from a Western developer.

4) BioWare's Sonic Chronicles is easily the most inspired game in the Sonic franchise in years and is the best since Sonic Adventure for the Dreamcast.

Added: she answered someone's questions at the commment

gwynplain: I don't know the title attached to that project [obsidian is working on], The Dark Brotherhood does sort of fit in with the description I have heard.

gwynplain: I heard something along the lines of "an action-RPG thriller in which the most sinister conspiracy of modern times is unveiled." The CIA bit is possible, that's the first I've heard of it. The title does sound medieval, but it still seems to fit with the description I was told.

Edited by funcroc

Western Develper... Obsidian!

:thumbsup:

The Aliens thing was just a smokescreen. REALLY! :wowey:

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

The Dark Brotherhood. That sounds like it could be from Obsidian!

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

However it does sound like something out of a Bethesda game. Hmmmmmmm... :thumbsup:

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

Sonic Chronicles for DS. L0L Tsk, tsk. I've never been a fan of Sonic. Tsk, tsk BIO.

Two strikes:

A. A Sonic game.

B. On a platform I don't own, and don't see no reason to buy unless your game gets 100% across the board, or I get a raise at the job.

Seriously, a Sonic RPG? I'm sure it'll be a good game consideirng whose making it; but meh.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Hey, we have a Mario CRPG so we might as well get a Sonic CRPG. What I am waiting for is a Crash Bandicoot CRPG! That would rock! :thumbsup:

If I were to just throw out a guess, I'd say "The Dark Brotherhood" might refer to any of the (in)famous Ivy League secret societies (Skulls & Bones, etc.) from which the foreign intelligence services heavily drew their membership from in the early days of the agency. It's fertile ground for conspiracy nuttery, obviously. It's only a stone's throw away from the Illuminati or the Majestic. Men in the shadows pulling strings for some enigmatic purpose.

Edited by Pop

Its not for some enigmatic purpose. The purpose is quite clear. Its purpose is to find out a way to brew the most perfect cup of tea. :thumbsup:

If I were to just throw out a guess, I'd say "The Dark Brotherhood" might refer to any of the (in)famous Ivy League secret societies (Skulls & Bones, etc.) from which the foreign intelligence services heavily drew their membership from in the early days of the agency. It's fertile ground for conspiracy nuttery, obviously. It's only a stone's throw away from the Illuminati or the Majestic. Men in the shadows pulling strings for some enigmatic purpose.

Whether it's about the CIA, Illuminati and Skulls&Bones or not, i am getting a nice Deus Ex-wibe here.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I just hope that The Dark Brotherhood is a project name, ugh.

Otherwise, if what Pop is musing has any merit, I'm pretty excited.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

The Dark Brotherhood

Now that's lame. Really, really lame.

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Dark Shadows? I just got an image of a overly melodramatic soap opera about vampires done in Avellone styled stick figures. Ugh... :lol:

Dark Shadows? I just got an image of a overly melodramatic soap opera about vampires done in Avellone styled stick figures. AWESOME :lol:

fixed

Yep, CIA thriller - Dark Brotherhood - checked. Since that guy said "January eight things"...does that mean SEGA is going to make some major announcements in January?

good find!

I still hope that as it was said earlier both Obsidian games made for Sega will come to PC as well. I hate and don't have any console.

Yep, CIA thriller - Dark Brotherhood - checked. Since that guy said "January eight things"...does that mean SEGA is going to make some major announcements in January?

"January eight things" means they're items posted on January 8th.

The title lacks some dramatic kick. How about "Dark Shadows: The Legacy of the Brotherhood"? I know console-gamers love that sort of stuff...

Yeah, console gamers love long dramatic titles, like Neverwinter Nights 2: Mask of the Betrayer, and Vampire: The Masquerade: Bloodlines.

Mass Effect, Gears of War and Guitar Hero especially bring out that point, being almost overly long.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

Or the coveted "Halo."

I had to stop to take a breath with that one.

Uh-huh.

Psst..."Combat Evolved"

kirottu said: