Is there a soundtrack for sale?

schalafi

I would love to have the soundtrack for MotB and was wondering if it is available, or would be available soon? If it is available, where would I get it? I checked Atari and Bioware and neither of them were offering it. Anyone know?

I have queried admin to see if this is an item that they might have some further direction on - thanks for sharing the interest & enthusiasm schalafi :thumbsup:

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

As far as I know, there are no soundtrack releases for either NWN2 or MotB.

However, the soundtrack can be listened to anyways. The files in the NWN2 directory (in a folder called NX1_music or something like that). They are in .bmu format, and I'd be careful to play them in a regular media player as there have been reports of the files getting corrupted and thus won't play in the game anymore.

So what I'd suggest is getting a tool from the NW Vault that can convert bmu files to mp3. Copy all the .bmu files in the directory and paste them elsewhere. Then use the program and convert the newly pasted files into mp3s.

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Other.Detail&id=225

Well worth it, the MotB soundtrack is extremely good.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

To the best of my knowledge, the .bmu files are actually already in mp3 format. So all you need to do is copy them to another folder, change the new files' extension to .mp3, and you're good to go. Or you can just drag the copied files to winamp.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Thanks for the information. I was hoping the sound track would be released as a dvd or cd like JE did. Maybe later...?

Hi schalafi,

I have spoken with admin and they would love to be able to offer soundtracks. The problem is that Atari owns the music and it would be up to them to make such a product available - OBS would love to offer it with every item fwiiw :-

The advice about the BMU process seems to be the best route at this time. Thanks for your interest and passion for MotB!

Respectfully,

Fionavar

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon: